• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your philosophy on God?

What is your philosophy on God?

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
I think it's a little inaccurate to compare something as huge as religious preferences to something as frivolous as going to the movies. Religion is a core belief for many, especially for those who receive the most benefit from it, and there is no suspension of disbelief - they usually believe that stuff actually happened to the bottom of their heart, and could never abandon it. I don't think having a casual belief in God like you have a casual belief in what happens on the movie screen would allow me to reap the benefits of religious feeling, but that's just me.

Yes, the suspension of disbelief is a form of trance.

And there are four levels of trance.

So any repetition will induce a trance. This is level 1 trance, or a light trance.

To get to level 2 trance, we induce another trance within the first trance.

And to get to level 3 trance, we induce another trance within the second trance.

And to get to level 4 trance, we induce another trance within the third trance.

At the level 4 trance we can't tell the difference between imagination and reality, so everything we see in our imagination seems completely real.

And it is at level 4 trance that religious belief occurs.

Most religious believers are unable to leave level 4 trance at will, so they believe it 'at the bottom of their heart'.

However with assiduous practice, it is possible to enter and leave level 4 trance at will.

But frankly, if you want to believe because it will make you feel better, you might be better off trying something else.