• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Simone Weil

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tell me Frodo what you see, tell me what you hear, tell me how you are standing, sitting or moving.

All I know is that I can rock that ring when no one else can. :bunnyd:

Meaning: I can be trusted with anything.

Mole

Permabanned
All I know is that I can rock that ring when no one else can. :bunnyd:

Meaning: I can be trusted with anything.

Well, I want to trust you with the here and now, and in particular, your here and now.

Before we embark on any adventure, we need to know our home so we know where to return.

Mole

Permabanned
You are very lovable Victor.

The point of the story about Simone Weil is that Simone found others lovable but her behaviour suggested she didn't find herself lovable.

So rather than finding me lovable, the question is: do you find yourself lovable?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The point of the story about Simone Weil is that Simone found others lovable but her behaviour suggested she didn't find herself lovable.

So rather than finding me lovable, the question is: do you find yourself lovable?

Yes, I think so.

How about you?

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, I think so.

How about you?

Yes, with qualifications. I can see I have likable qualities and I am also working through a neurosis regarding my mother.

I had a satisfactory relationship with my father, but I am still teasing out my relationship with my mother.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, with qualifications. I can see I have likable qualities and I am also working through a neurosis regarding my mother.

I had a satisfactory relationship with my father, but I am still teasing out my relationship with my mother.

What neurosis do you think you have regarding your mother? (since you mentioned it here, I figured I'd respond here).

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Simone Weil (pronounced Vey) was a French mystic who was the first woman to graduate from the Sorbonne and who wrote the Constitution of France only to have it rejected by Charles de Gaulle as too mystical.

Simone sacrificed herself for others all her life, Simone devoted herself to the love of others, but neglected to love herself. Simone was indeed a very lovable person, but she never realised that she, herself, was such a lovable.

I dont know who that is, but I had a croque madame for lunch outside of the Sorbonne last year.

Maybe she was an enneagram 2 and it is pride and not narcisism at the root of her delusion.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can meet Ratty and Mole and their friends by clicking on - http://www.literatureproject.com/wind-willows/index.htm

Just click on the chapters on the left. My favourite chapters are VII and IX.

Did you like the reading?

Do I seem more like Rat than Mole to you? Yes, I suppose so....

I enjoyed reading it aloud very much until I got to the part where Baphomet materialized...

What exactly is it that you like about that book, Victor?

Mole

Permabanned
The Portal

Do I seem more like Rat than Mole to you?

What exactly is it that you like about that book, Victor?

I like it because, "Wind in the Willows", is a secret portal.

And it is a portal that only reveals its secret after, "Wind in the Willows", has been read fifty times.

As you may have noticed, on first reading, "Wind in the Willows", is seen by the part of the brain that understands words, the verbal part of our brain, that is, it is read by the left side of our brain.

However after reading, "Wind in the Willows", fifty times the left side of our brain, knows the words by heart and stops paying attention. And so attention passes to the right side of our brain.

So after fifty readings, the left side of our brain becomes less attentive and the right side our brain becomes more attentive.

And the right side of our brain is the non-verbal part of our brain. The right side of our brain is another world of shape, movement, colour and sound. It is another part of ourselves.

And the portal from the verbal, left side of our brain to the non-verbal, right side of our brain is to read, "Wind in the Willows", fifty times.

I discovered this secret portal by accident as I read, "Wind in the Willows", every morning as I ate my cornflakes, until after fifty readings, the portal opened to me.

[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION]

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like it because, "Wind in the Willows", is a secret portal.

And it is a portal that only reveals its secret after, "Wind in the Willows", has been read fifty times.

As you may have noticed, on first reading, "Wind in the Willows", is seen by the part of the brain that understands words, the verbal part of our brain, that is, it is read by the left side of our brain.

However after reading, "Wind in the Willows", fifty times the left side of our brain, knows the words by heart and stops paying attention. And so attention passes to the right side of our brain.

So after fifty readings, the left side of our brain becomes less attentive and the right side our brain becomes more attentive.

And the right side of our brain is the non-verbal part of our brain. The right side of our brain is another world of shape, movement, colour and sound. It is another part of ourselves.

And the portal from the verbal, left side of our brain to the non-verbal, right side of our brain is to read, "Wind in the Willows", fifty times.

I discovered this secret portal by accident as I read, "Wind in the Willows", every morning as I ate my cornflakes, until after fifty readings, the portal opened to me.

[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION]

Well, it is nearly against my religion to read such things because it appears that not only is a major? character in the book a demonic type entity, but he is worshiped like God, which makes me intensely uncomfortable at the least and highly irritable at the most. At least that is what I took away from my limited reading.

EDIT: And why is that portal so important?

Mole

Permabanned
Well, it is nearly against my religion to read such things because it appears that not only is a major? character in the book a demonic type entity, but he is worshiped like God, which makes me intensely uncomfortable at the least and highly irritable at the most.

"Wind in the Willows", is a children's book. It is time-honoured. It is treasured. It is charming. It is well balanced. And it is well written. It is a beautiful book.

On the other hand, demons don't exist. So religions that teach demonology are superstitious, ugly and damaging to the psyche.

But if we take, "Wind in the Willows", to our hearts, we become beautiful.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Wind in the Willows", is a children's book. It is time-honoured. It is treasured. It is charming. It is well balanced. And it is well written. It is a beautiful book.

On the other hand, demons don't exist. So religions that teach demonology are superstitious, ugly and damaging to the psyche.

But if we take, "Wind in the Willows", to our hearts, we become beautiful.

It might be charming and well written, but anything that glorifies worshiping an entity other than our God is not worth a second glance. Especially something that might influence those weaker or smaller or more vulnerable, namely children. The author, upon writing and publishing that book, committed evil.

I think I understand the 'portal' though...Do you think it really has much to do with a right-brain/left-brain phenomenon though?

Nicodemus

Hehe:

It might be gruesome and terribly written, but anything that glorifies worshiping our God is worth a second glance. Especially something that might influence those weaker or smaller or more vulnerable, namely children. The authors, upon writing and circulating that bible, committed evil.

Mole

Permabanned
It might be charming and well written, but anything that glorifies worshiping an entity other than our God is not worth a second glance. Especially something that might influence those weaker or smaller or more vulnerable, namely children. The author, upon writing and publishing that book, committed evil.

This is a bizarre attack on a wonderful children's book and completely unacceptable to me.

Mole

Permabanned
Our brain is not only divided into left and right hemispheres, but our brain is divided in at least four other ways.

And our brain ports between the various parts.

Almost all our portals are personally unconscious, and interestingly most of our portals are socially induced.

However we are now becoming conscious of our portals. Neuroscience is showing us the divided structure of the brain and the 'doors' or portals between each part.

Also the mystics amongst us are learning to consciously move between each part - our mystics are learning to portal.

Mole

Permabanned
Even our poets portal -

The port
was longing

the port
was longing

not for
this ship

not for
that ship

not for
this ship

not for
that ship

the port
was longing

the port
was longing

not for
this sea

not for
that sea

not for
this sea

not for
that sea

the port
was longing

the port
was longing

not for
this &

not for
that

not for
this &

not for
that

the port
was longing

the port
was longing

not for
this &

not for
that

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our brain is not only divided into left and right hemispheres, but our brain is divided in at least four other ways.

And our brain ports between the various parts.

Almost all our portals are personally unconscious, and interestingly most of our portals are socially induced.

However we are now becoming conscious of our portals. Neuroscience is showing us the divided structure of the brain and the 'doors' or portals between each part.

Also the mystics amongst us are learning to consciously move between each part - our mystics are learning to portal.

Hmm. I don't know any of these mystics. Are you talking about meditation?