• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would you do if you were omnipotent?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
1. What would you do at first?

Make someone/something benevolent and only slightly less omnipotent than me who could let me know if I were getting things wrong.

2. What would you change in the world around you?

Make people 50 IQ points smarter, capped at about 200. And slightly less fertile.

3. If you chose not to die, how would you spend the eternity?

Keeping a close eye on omnipotent #2.

I would be a lazy, delegating god.

Rad3k

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
I won't pretend that I understand what you mean, but it's ok as long as it makes sense to you. But what about logic? Acceptance of some logic as a universal law that *everything* must obey is necessary for any statement to have a meaning. Unless you disprove logic in terms of itself. Then my mind will overload and explode into rainbows and gummy bears.

I would make a planet made out of cake and then I would spend many years nibbling on the cake. And then I would make a magical shark-unicorn that I would ride through space exploring the universe.

The End.
I'm too grown-up for this kiddy stuff, riding unicorns would damage my reputation. But a planet made of cake... :thinking:

Omnipotent? I would end it all. There is nothing as clean as nothingness.
In a way I agree, but in my view it would be the same as ending just your own life.

Make people 50 IQ points smarter, capped at about 200. And slightly less fertile.
That alone would probably solve more problems than we can imagine ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
I won't pretend that I understand what you mean, but it's ok as long as it makes sense to you. But what about logic? Acceptance of some logic as a universal law that *everything* must obey is necessary for any statement to have a meaning. Unless you disprove logic in terms of itself. Then my mind will overload and explode into rainbows and gummy bears.

I suppose what gives you meaning then is knowledge, and what gives me meaning is control. Knowledge is gained from understanding the rules of logic, whereas control is gained by altering the rules of logic to your own advantage. We must, of course, understand a thing before it can be altered by our strength of will, so it follows that knowledge gives us greater control over creation, the knowledge itself giving you meaning enough, and the meaning for me springing from the power that knowledge gives us to alter the reality, which was the theme of this thread, though I gave it a special twist, by saying that logic can indeed be obeyed, but after we have done so, we need to make it anew in accordance with our own designs. I guess you could say that I am seeking not only seeking a conceptual model, but I am also seeking a direct application for the contruction, not just a theory.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Cure five people I know who are sick - cancer, leukemia, dementia, etc.
2. Eliminate world hunger
3. Give myself 25 million dollars

That's a start

Nicodemus

1. Cure five people I know who are sick - cancer, leukemia, dementia, etc.
2. Eliminate world hunger
3. Give myself 25 million dollars

That's a start
A true christian's answers. Except for the second one, they betray a pettiness of vision not unlike Yahweh's.