• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thanksgiving

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't like thanksgiving food... I have the misfortune of being a midwesterner who doesn't like casseroles, which is apparently an anomaly or something :blush: I also don't like turkey, stuffing or sweet potatoes!

I am thankful that thanksgiving only comes once a year! :holy:

I'm also quite glad that vegetable trays were invented because they're the best :yes:

and for sweaters... I love sweaters :wubbie:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Lol. I see you married a man from the 1950's. Well... except he does most of the cooking. Maybe his family is very traditional and it rubbed off on him (in reference to his attachment to this holiday).
I dunno. I think most people are more into holidays than I am. My family wasn't really into cooking or entertaining when I was a kid. We just did whatever my mom felt like doing that day. For our extended family Christmas dinner we had relish plates, cold cuts, and cheese and crackers at Grandma's apartment. I didn't know people made turkeys and stuff, so the idea that you have to do that is kind of foreign to me, but I'm intellectually aware that I'm the weird one, so I play along most of the time.

My husband cooks a delicious turkey, which helps a lot. :D

A

A window to the soul

Happy Thanksgiving!
avkuvdm

Lark

I'm thankful for a lot of things, I used to track between three and five things I was grateful for everyday in a journal but it became infrequent and finally I stopped, I was just listing the same things over and over again really.

If you've got good health and good friends you're pretty much blessed. If you feel love or are in love there's that too. And books, good books are something to be thankful for too and my room is literally stacked to the roof with them.

Beorn

Permabanned
I'm thankful that despite my society's highly individualistic character I and the ones I love habe been able to work toward maintaining membership in distinct communities both within family and church where we are not just groups of people who spend time together, but actually form bonds by depending on each other in times of weakness and need.

Also, tasty venison and turkey.