• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Science + Spirituality in Harmony

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Science is like a spotlight in the dark, it illuminates a portion of the universe. But, not everything can be illuminated science, there is no guarantee saying that all truths are uncoverable with scientific method.

Spirituality is about your relationship to the world. There is overlap between science and spirituality, but there is no reason that they should be in conflict. And if there is, just fudge it one way or the other. ;)

I like it.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Meh lets all be nihilistic and say that what you see is indeed what you get and so it's all about the literalism of how things work on this plane of existance.

Worm food.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suppose science is a knowledge of what is and spirituality could be a philosophy of how the world could become and so by integrating the past and future perspectives into a single coherent framework we could have a full and complete picture of existence so it follows that science and spirituality are indeed in harmony.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose science is a knowledge of what is and spirituality could be a philosophy of how the world could become and so by integrating the past and future perspectives into a single coherent framework we could have a full and complete picture of existence so it follows that science and spirituality are indeed in harmony.

I like it!
Though I would say both science and philosophy study what is- but philosophy also studies what could be. In terms of what is, science examines things empirically and philosophy studies it logically. Spirituality studies both what is and what could be intuitively and reflectively. Science is knowledge based on observation and spirituality is knowledge based on experience and interaction.

*(Sry if I've repeated myself in this thread.)