• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How I think we ought to live our lives

LIND

MBTI Type
ENTP
Originally posted by nottaprettygal:I'm not receiving profits to pimp my thoughts, genius

You're not receiving because in order to receive, at times you must invest....
As for calling me a genius....I thank you and I exclude any possibility of a sargonic element lurking in there....

your philosophy thinks it's okay to come into this thread and call me a clown though

Not at all...it was a simple description of someone who instead of focusing on the issue at hand (well presented by BLuewing) chooses to instead bash on his writing style....I guess that's just how I 'operate' when it comes to this sort of individuals.

I'm not arrogant enough to think that what I have to say is valuable to everyone.

You see my dear, what we have in this book, is not something that everyone will find valuable; for example you wouldn't, because to you if the author is not dead, and somehow posthumously manages to enlighten you, a project does not have any validity.

LIND

MBTI Type
ENTP
Originally posted by Jen:Also what did you do to get banned from royouth.com and have you made any money from this book?

Since you somehow have found out about that...:)..I would also advise you to check what type of website that is-Christian-zealous-fanatical- if you challenge any of their views they will get ad hominem on your butt, and not only that, but they will-well ban you.

Secondly, you're asking have we sold any books yet? I am not sure that I understand the implication here...

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Not at all...it was a simple description of someone who instead of focusing on the issue at hand (well presented by BLuewing) chooses to instead bash on his writing style....I guess that's just how I 'operate' when it comes to this sort of individuals.

If I'm not mistaken, in your PM to me, you criticized his writing style as well and agreed that it was dry. So, I guess privately we agree, but publicly we do not.

LIND

MBTI Type
ENTP
Originally posted by nottaprettygirl:If I'm not mistaken, in your PM to me, you criticized his writing style as well
I think that we certainly agree publicly also. I presented the project in different words....remember (see above)? Now, the implication is obvious, since it was directed at you: namely that if his style might sound a bit dry-logical-rigid whatever, indeed there is this other style that you might find more appealing. AS a matter of fact why would I have written it?
No conflicting statements there, whatsoever.

redacted

@notapretty -- why insult people that have obviously spent insane amounts of effort on this book?

if you don't want to read it, don't.

i'm not trying to say you should spare their feelings...i'm just trying to say that there's nothing for YOU to gain by making these posts. you're just going out of your way to be mean.

you obviously have some past issue with these people, but...none of us care about that.

it's kinda like that saying: "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything". my amendment would be: "if you have nothing nice to say AND your words won't benefit anyone, don't say anything".

/Fe

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I value notta's insults since she exhibits sarcasm at its finest - in this case, cutting down people who have achieved something great to prevent them from becoming greater than all of us. The !Kung bushmen of Kalahari practice this and it's applicable to our domestic-scale tribe on mbti.

Carry on

/Fi

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
you obviously have some past issue with these people, but...none of us care about that.

I don't have any issues with them. . . and obviously you care. They wrote a book, that's great. *shrugs* I'm not genuinely serious, I'm just teasing them because we all know that BW's posts are a tad bit dry. Sorry. I'll be all about flowers and puppies from this point on. :huh:

I value notta's insults since she exhibits sarcasm at its finest - in this case, cutting down people who have achieved something great to prevent them from becoming greater than all of us.

That's right. I'm just keeping it mediocre up in here.

gokartride

MBTI Type
INFJ
Based on what I can tell, this book is based on assumptions founded on a frightfully narrow view of religion.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RaptorWizard's responce to SolitaryWalker's How I think we ought to live our lives thread:

Religion is a means by which many find a life purpose and develop a cosmological map of the world as well as developing ethical systems and seeking what lies beyond this life. A critical weakness within religion however, is that all of these views are to be accepted on authority without question. SolitaryWalker defines this as faith which, according to believers, must be followed, lest the Gods unleash their divine wrath! He says that rather than blindly believing what we falsely perceive to be immortal wisdom, we must follow the liberating light of truth on a philosophical search for meaning. Meaning is found in independent thinking and letting our true self’s light shine.

:wizfreak: