• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Moral dilemma - conjoined twin is a murderer

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My criminal law teacher once mentioned a hypothesis on which a conjoined twin murders a person (against the other conjoined twin's will).
Assuming they both share vital organs, and that the death of one leads to an inevitable death of the other, what should happen, in your opinion?

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
The only answer I can give is that the law should keep their effing noses out of it. Wonderful people at pontificating in hindsight. Foresight? Not quite so great.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only answer I can give is that the law should keep their effing noses out of it. Wonderful people at pontificating in hindsight. Foresight? Not quite so great.

Uh... how can the law keep out of a murder, where an innocent person was victimized? That's kind of a bizarre response IMO.

A

Anew Leaf

My criminal law teacher once mentioned a hypothesis on which a conjoined twin murders a person (against the other conjoined twin's will).
Assuming they both share vital organs, and that the death of one leads to an inevitable death of the other, what should happen, in your opinion?

It would depend on what could be proven with evidence.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Uh... how can the law keep out of a murder, where an innocent person was victimized? That's kind of a bizarre response IMO.

Because the other person also died

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm sure that's a case that comes up a lot. Important to think about.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because the other person also died

What are you talking about?

A cojoined twin kills someone. The victim was not cojoined.

At this point, the law has to decide how to punish someone for a crime who is unfortunately attached to ANOTHER person, so the innocent twin will end up sharing a potential punishment with the guilty one.

That is what we are talking about.

The law can't just say, "Oh, someone got killed/raped/abused, but we'll let it go."

I think I just saw this on reality TV last week! What do you mean it's not common? :smile:

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wouldn't the xo joined twin at least have to be an accessory? They would have been somewhat able to prevent the crime by resisting. They twin not being able to kill them because of the joins organs?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See, that's why the discussion is perfectly suited to a thread in TypologyCentral. :yesss:

What are you talking about?

A cojoined twin kills someone. The victim was not cojoined.

At this point, the law has to decide how to punish someone for a crime who is unfortunately attached to ANOTHER person, so the innocent twin will end up sharing a potential punishment with the guilty one.

That is what we are talking about.

The law can't just say, "Oh, someone got killed/raped/abused, but we'll let it go."
Exactly; well summed.
Wouldn't the xo joined twin at least have to be an accessory? They would have been somewhat able to prevent the crime by resisting.
Likely, but not necessarily. The other brother could be tricked and/or distracted.

They twin not being able to kill them because of the joins organs?
:huh:

wolfy

awsm
You would need to punish the head. For example... a steady diet of delicious treats for one and stale crackers for the other.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To the OP: I just think of complicity to the crime. Surely the other twin could have done something to stop it...?

Every time I think of conjoined twins, I think of what I perceive pervs think about. It's like I have a pervy alter ego conscience.

So do you pervs think what I think you think? Or not.

W

WhoCares

The implied difficulty here is that murder necessitates death as punishment. The whole problem seems to stem from thinking inside a tiny box. Is there no other solution?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The implied difficulty here is that murder necessitates death as punishment.
Imprisonment is an option, but that would mean imprisoning an innocent person.
The whole problem seems to stem from thinking inside a tiny box. Is there no other solution?
Not a very satisfying one, I guess.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Every time I think of conjoined twins, I think of what I perceive pervs think about. It's like I have a pervy alter ego conscience.

So do you pervs think what I think you think? Or not.

I have no idea what you're talking about, so no