• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How blindly do you trust superior entities?

How blindly do you trust superior entities?

• Not at all

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Slightly

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • A good amount

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Completely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
Skepticism and the Suspension of Disbelief

I agree with you.

But growing up in an unbalanced manner can be painful. Something needs to balance skepticism, but I am not sure that that is.

Perhaps we can balance skepticism with the suspension of disbelief.

When we exercise, the recovery period is as important as the exercise, so when we are skeptical the suspension of disbelief is as important as the skepticism.

So the suspension of disbelief is the recovery period of the rigours of skepticism

And the suspension of disbelief gives us everything from movies, art, sculpture, dance, music, ritual, literature and religion.

And indeed the suspension of disbelief gives us something to be skeptical about.

So perhaps suspension and skepticism are two sides of the same coin.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A good amount.