• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Am Who Am

Mole

Permabanned
When we ask God who he is, he says, "I am who am". And this is the God of literature, the God of the literate, the God of the Bible, who replies.

But if we ask the electronic God, who are you, we find the answer in the question. And the answer is 'we'. Yes, the electronic God says, "We are".

And in fact the God of the 'I' died in 1840 as the God of the 'We' was being born on the electric telegraph.

Mole

Permabanned
Yet you reject the experience of the We.

We prefer to step outside the taken for granted into ecstasy.

And it is the 'I' that is taken for granted by the literate.

But comically, every time we take part in the electronic media such as Central, the 'I' becomes absurd, and becomes a laughing stock and the butt of jokes by us.

But of course the literate don't see it. The literate are blind and numb to the effects of the electronic media.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us
Don't tell—they'd banish us, you know.

Lark

When we ask God who he is, he says, "I am who am". And this is the God of literature, the God of the literate, the God of the Bible, who replies.

But if we ask the electronic God, who are you, we find the answer in the question. And the answer is 'we'. Yes, the electronic God says, "We are".

And in fact the God of the 'I' died in 1840 as the God of the 'We' was being born on the electric telegraph.

You're wrong though.

In Genesis and elsewhere in the old testament God speaks as a plurality, using we all the time, its part of the reason for the holy trinity idea, a God of three persons or incarnations.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us
Don't tell—they'd banish us, you know.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn't see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn't see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

DH3Tl.gif

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am what I am...

I might not know why I do it, but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Are we all equal in front of our pen or our keyboard?

Is the noosphere made of equal parts of the "we"?

What is this "we" that I don't know, and that excludes the major part of the real mankind, the major part of the real world?

Does the noosphere extend and share all its electronic tentacles into the heart of all the slums in Africa?

Mole

Permabanned
Does the noosphere extend and share all its electronic tentacles into the heart of all the slums in Africa?

Well yes, my dear Blackmail, (and how nice to talk to you again).

Yes, the noosphere does extend its electronic tentacles into the heart of the slums of Africa. And the tentacle of choice is the mobile phone. For instance, there are 87.3 million mobile phone subscriptions in Nigeria alone.

Mole

Permabanned
The Tribal Maelström

Is the noosphere made of equal parts of the "we"?

Prior to universal literacy we had the spoken culture. And the spoken culture consisted of different traditional tribes.

And now post universal literacy we have the electronic culture. And like the traditional tribes of the spoken culture, the electronic tribes consist of different electronic tribes.

For instance, as we watch with horror, we see Syria forming into two etribes, the eSunni and the eShia, each communicating on mobile phones and the internet.

The tragedy for Syria is that they have two traditional tribes from the spoken culture, the Sunni and Shia, now having electronic tribalism put on top of the traditional tribalism. And it drives them into a frenzy.

The antidote to traditional tribalism is universal literacy. And developed countries today have the antidote.

Unfortunately spoken cultures today, without universal literacy, not only have no antidote to their own traditional tribalism, they have no antidote to electronic tribalism as well. So traditional tribalism and electronic tribalism reinforce one another, descending into the maelström.

And fortunately for developed countries, universal literacy is also an antidote to electronic tribalism.

How lucky can we be?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We prefer to step outside the taken for granted into ecstasy.

And it is the 'I' that is taken for granted by the literate.

But comically, every time we take part in the electronic media such as Central, the 'I' becomes absurd, and becomes a laughing stock and the butt of jokes by us.

But of course the literate don't see it. The literate are blind and numb to the effects of the electronic media.

you just have to learn to laugh at yourself and not take yourself so seriously Victor. you seem like a cool dude, you just have to chill the fuck out

Mole

Permabanned
you just have to learn to laugh at yourself and not take yourself so seriously Victor. you seem like a cool dude, you just have to chill the fuck out

We enter a trance by turning off some cognitive faculties and turning on some creative faculties. One of the first cognitive faculties to go is our sense of humour.

For instance, the Bible was written in a trance and shows little sign of a sense of humour. And this is true of all sacred books from the Koran, to the Analects of Confucius, to the Bagavad Gita.

And although I share your desire to see the Bible, the Koran, the Analects of Confucius, the Bagavad Gita and me laugh at ourselves, the price for our laughter would be our creativity.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
We enter a trance by turning off some cognitive faculties and turning on some creative faculties. One of the first cognitive faculties to go is our sense of humour.

For instance, the Bible was written in a trance and shows little sign of a sense of humour. And this is true of all sacred books from the Koran, to the Analects of Confucius, to the Bagavad Gita.

And although I share your desire to see the Bible, the Koran, the Analects of Confucius, the Bagavad Gita and me laugh at ourselves, the price for our laughter would be our creativity.

Just no Victor. Just no.

Creativity does not require a death of humour.