• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Death completion or waste?

S

Society

its fucked up - the moment of relief from life which you never get to experience because it happens to be the moment you stop experiencing.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Don't know but I want to live forever

Create a phylactery to stow my soul, place it in a lead chest inside a lead room inside of a lead house tucked away underground on another plane. Never die, etc.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Death is a natural part of life. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Death gives meaning to life, so it is completion. For it to be a waste, one will have not yet lived for a purpose. That's adolescent shit. Adults apply death to their actions.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is a completion of the natural life cycle, I guess.

But I personally think it's a part of the Saṃsāra.

but it can be a lot of things.

Standuble

Death is nothing but the loss of "animus" (whatever the hell that is.) Basically its merely the point where the an entity's "autonomy" finally fails. The matter used is subject to entropy and external environmental factors (as it was when alive) but without the "autonomy" mentioned above being a factor. The matter and energy used continues to exist and cannot be destroyed. In this respect death is neither completion nor waste but just a change in direction. However you may mourn the loss of autonomy mentioned. Value what it did or didn't do and what it could have done or couldn't do if you must but accept these as important only to other collections of mass possessing the same "autonomy." The universe otherwise doesn't give a damn.

The big question of course is what the autonomy is that drives mass and energy to seemingly act on its own accord. It needs to pass on through cells via a continuous chain. Perhaps it is nothing and only an illusion. Perhaps it is a "soul" after all. I'll leave it for someone who has evidence.