• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Woman and man's highest calling- Cherokee proverb

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FORMAL FIRST ORDER FUCKING LOGIC. WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FORMAL FIRST ORDER FUCKING LOGIC. WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FORMAL FIRST ORDER FUCKING LOGIC.

That's the only reason I responded, because of post #315. See here, ya dingus.

Goddamn.

It was all sorts of wrong and that's how this whole tangent started.
Yes, and what was the point of all that? Was it worth it?

How does it feel, by the way?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is going to turn me into a morning drinker.

Word. And there's 37 pages of it.

While I don't have a spiritual bone in my body (that I know of) and thought the proverb to be bleh at best, I do think this whole thing is escalating in a bizarre way.

There are differences and similarities and analyzing the reasons for that (social, genetic, whatever) would deserve a thread of its own (if it hand't been done to death already).
The logical fallacies in this thread have been noted and explained more than once as well. Let it go already.
I do agree that the OP is probably not INTP but rather an Fi user. And on this forum NTs more than any other temperament group seem to resent non-NTs posing as NTs, but really, cut her some slag already, IMHO this does not deserve this much drama and passion.

Knock yourselves out if you insist on continueing but try to keep it civil.
/baby Fe.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Word. And there's 37 pages of it.

While I don't have a spiritual bone in my body (that I know of) and thought the proverb to be bleh at best, I do think this whole thing is escalating in a bizarre way.

There are differences and similarities and analyzing the reasons for that (social, genetic, whatever) would deserve a thread of its own (if it hand't been done to death already).
The logical fallacies in this thread have been noted and explained more than once as well. Let it go already.
I do agree that the OP is probably not INTP but rather an Fi user. And on this forum NTs more than any other temperament group seem to resent non-NTs posing as NTs, but really, cut her some slag already, IMHO this does not deserve this much drama and passion.

Knock yourselves out if you insist on continueing but try to keep it civil.
/baby Fe.

Lock it, then, and be done! Be free!

Things can only continue to go downhill from here.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
It doesn't have to go down hill if people will stop being insufferable to each other.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A reactive mod fails to understand the thread dynamic...
Where have I seen that before?

wolfy

awsm
It is Red Herring's role to lead me to Sauce. I will protect you.

My take on the quote is it is useless out of the context of Cherokee beliefs.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is Red Herring's role to lead us to Sauce. I will protect you.

My take on the quote is it is useless out of the context of Cherokee beliefs.

At last, somebody gets it. Follow me and I will lead you to Sauce. Become one with Sauce!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That must make you the fella who is here to ensure we can walk the earth unhammed?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I apologize to [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION] and anyone else if I've actually tested your patience. Maybe that means something to you, maybe it doesn't. Maybe you actually don't care. I'm saying it anyway.

I probably could have said less, and listened more. So I apologize if I caused you any actual grief, [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION] (and anyone else)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is going to turn me into a morning drinker.

I think I'll be joining you.

I got tequila, whiskey, and grey goose. Take your pick.

(unless of course, you just meant "some mornings" because no one would drink EVERY morning. :smile:)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*smothers Sprinkles in piri piri, eats it in a bagle*

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I apologize to [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION] and anyone else if I've actually tested your patience. Maybe that means something to you, maybe it doesn't. Maybe you actually don't care. I'm saying it anyway.

I probably could have said less, and listened more. So I apologize if I caused you any actual grief, [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION] (and anyone else)

This is a trap isn't it?

I think I'll be joining you.

I got tequila, whiskey, and grey goose. Take your pick.

(unless of course, you just meant "some mornings" because no one would drink EVERY morning. :smile:)

Bust out the Patron!

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Consider the idea that trees have spirits. Can we prove this? No. Can we prove it is not true? No. We would first have to define spirit, then find some way of reliably scientifically measuring it, then have unbiased research on the matter, and then have it published in an unbiased fashion. But I don't need this verification to have it as a utilitarian belief. It produces preferable results for me; so it is a symbolic way of thinking which may not be consistent with absolute objective truth, which I "believe" anyway. I don't assert it as an objective truth, because it is essentially unknowable. But I can operate under the reliable assumption. Maybe the underlying objective principle which is True is that trees and I are made of atoms and their electrons respond to my electrons with the help of protons and neutrons, and that by behaving in a way consistent with this "belief" my energy affects the trees' energy in a way which maximizes health and well being for all.

Regardless of whether you can prove that trees have spirits, they either do or do not.

All i could derive from this post is that you define spirit as the electrical activity of matter. Which we can prove exists. I don't see the point of thinking symbolically in regards to explaining your concept of the world. It literature or poems sure. But "utilitarian beliefs" seem to simply be "saying what you don't actually mean because it sounds more poetic and mystical than the truth".