• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Woman and man's highest calling- Cherokee proverb

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm scared.

This now makes you sound like an Fi dominant! Darn you sure have a complex personality!

btw why are you scared? Well I guess the thought that on screen we could identify your innermost weaknesses and strengths as well as your deepest thoughts means we could actually type you correctly which is indeed very scary as you might end up being a type you don't want to be! Either that or you don't feel comfortable being trolled!

edit - If you don't like being trolled you sure have done a good job getting trolls because I mean look at the size of this thread as well as your ask the NT witch thread!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This now makes you sound like an Fi dominant! Darn you sure have a complex personality!

btw why are you scared? Well I guess the thought that on screen we could identify your innermost weaknesses and strengths as well as your deepest thoughts means we could actually type you correctly which is indeed very scary as you might end up being a type you don't want to be! Either that or you don't feel comfortable being trolled!
No, I would just act really awkward, and I'm afraid of looking and sounding ugly. Which I know is irrational, because I'm usually perceived as very attractive. I just don't think I would look that way on film.
edit - If you don't like being trolled you sure have done a good job getting trolls because I mean look at the size of this thread as well as your ask the NT witch thread!
I know, right? Is it something I did, some way I've behaved? I need to learn how to repel them. I need a troll repelling charm.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm usually perceived as very attractive.
And I'm the big ugly black momba aka the black "mama" lol!
kobe-bryant-is-the-black-mamba-e1298141596290.jpg

aj-11.jpg

No really seriously in real life I am one sick ugly jap but at least I'm not fat and hey I showed myself on camera too! Here is the link to my video if you are interested in my epic ugliness!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I'm the big ugly black momba aka the black "mama" lol!
kobe-bryant-is-the-black-mamba-e1298141596290.jpg

aj-11.jpg

No really seriously in real life I am one sick ugly jap but at least I'm not fat and hey I showed myself on camera too! Here is the link to my video if you are interested in my epic ugliness!

Haha I saw one of your videos, talking about becoming master of creation and stuff and where are clams found (what was the story with that btw?), and you weren't ugly.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Can you explain the bolded further?

Truth and reality overlap, but as I understand it, the concept is one end of a contrast. Which wouldn't matter if it didn't have the thing it was contrasting. Maybe this is just a philosophical concept there is a lot of disagreement on. I don't think it can be objectively determined. Each of our (mostly) exclusive opinions is logical in our own minds. Can you find an outside source supporting your argument? I can try to find one for mine.

Oh no! You haven't been reading Hegel have you?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I still don't see how this explains a valued truth. I'm thinking that by valued truth you mean that something can be "partially true" or "mostly true". Basically the idea that you can qualify the statement "women like apples" with the word "some" and it becomes true.

I don't think that that makes the original statement "partially true". It makes it entirely untrue, hence the need for a new statement describing reality.

In regards to your mechanical system I would argue that that is a more complex truth but it still functions in one objective way. There are not two overlapping truths but a single complex truth that 3 has been designed to function as both an on and off value

Do you believe in gray areas? Binary logic doesn't do them. Something is either entirely true as defined by the premises, or entirely false as defined by the premises.

Can you always express a given truth in a binary fashion given sufficient complexity? I don't even know, but if you cant, binary logic simply would not allow things which exceed this to exist.

Consider the continuum fallacy. Or the Sorites paradox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox

How are these things addressed? By MVL, and Hysteresis among other things. Yes, many of these problems can somehow be handled in binary logic, but complexity increases dramatically for anything non-trivial. There is no 'kinda true' there - all bits in a given problem are either completely true or completely false, without even an 'unknown' anywhere.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about things which are true some of the time and not others?

Like, if I was observing the behavior of subatomic particles, and I declared "This electron exists in this location," and then as soon as I said it it changed location. Or in the process of me saying it it changed location. What I said was true at the time that I said it, but if I were to make the statement a few seconds later it would not be true. Of course you could talk about creating equations describing their paths as a function of time, and using them to make predictions. Or what about something entirely subjective like love: Love is both pleasant and unpleasant. Being in love is easy some of the time and hard other times. So are the statements "love is easy" and "love is difficult" contradictory?

I know, I'm not using hard logic here. Just throwing things out. I'm really just asking questions, not pretending I have answers.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
What about things which are true some of the time and not others?

Like, if I was observing the behavior of subatomic particles, and I declared "This electron exists in this location," and then as soon as I said it it changed location. Or in the process of me saying it it changed location. What I said was true at the time that I said it, but if I were to make the statement a few seconds later it would not be true. Of course you could talk about creating equations describing their paths as a function of time, and using them to make predictions. Or what about something entirely subjective like love: Love is both pleasant and unpleasant. Being in love is easy some of the time and hard other times. So are the statements "love is easy" and "love is difficult" contradictory?

I know, I'm not using hard logic here. Just throwing things out. I'm really just asking questions, not pretending I have answers.

Not only that, but we have the double slit experiment. If you send a laser through a double slit, it acts like a wave that goes through both slits and interferes with itself.

What happens when you do it with one particle? Well, it still acts like a wave and goes through both slits and interferes with itself. Well actually, it goes through the left slit, the right slit, both slits, and no slits.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Not only that, but we have the double slit experiment. If you send a laser through a double slit, it acts like a wave that goes through both slits and interferes with itself.

What happens when you do it with one particle? Well, it still acts like a wave and goes through both slits and interferes with itself. Well actually, it goes through the left slit, the right slit, both slits, and no slits.

Slits? You nasty.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I've enjoyed my own gender androgyny and so have my counterparts. I do "girly" things and the tomboys I've known and loved have appreciated me awakening them in an intangible way. I need structure and they need freedom. Whoever has the expertise in one should offer the other their gifts with love and respect. Whats your relationship role?

Oh sry, didn't answer this one.

I don't have a particular relationship role. If I am in harmony with someone, we enhance each other's lives with our relationship. We have things we enjoy about each other, we learn from each other, and we heal each other. In each of my relationships with men I've felt protected, and it makes me feel secure. I would protect them as well if I needed to. I find that I am good at making guys feel good about themselves and happier with their lives. They usually feel more inspired when they are with me too. And when a guy pays attention to me physically, that makes me feel happy and secure. When I interact with women we protect and nurture each other. So I think I've experienced and enacted what the proverb is talking about.

And I personally have strong femininity and masculinity.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's my take on her WOT. Can you translate her WOT into 'thinking' and logical terms?

Can you translate anything spiritual into thinking and logical terms? This thread is about philosophy and spirituality. Logic is not the point of the thread. Of course it looks NF. It's a feeling subject.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Can you translate anything spiritual into thinking and logical terms? This thread is about philosophy and spirituality. Logic is not the point of the thread. Of course it looks NF. It's a feeling subject.

I'm betting it's not totally impossible. It's just a tall order. It's like asking someone to tell you how to always win at Go. There might be a way out there somewhere but it isn't something that you or me is going to come up with, especially not on a forum - nobody would read it because it would be the WOT to end all WOTs. It would be the thickest book in the world.

Go is so complex, that compared to Chess, the best Chess computers can actually challenge and some times beat the best humans. The best Go computer can hardly beat a novice. Tic Tac Toe it ain't.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm betting it's not totally impossible. It's just a tall order. It's like asking someone to tell you how to always win at Go. There might be a way out there somewhere but it isn't something that you or me is going to come up with, especially not on a forum - nobody would read it because it would be the WOT to end all WOTs. It would be the thickest book in the world.

Go is so complex, that compared to Chess, the best Chess computers can actually challenge and some times beat the best humans. The best Go computer can hardly beat a novice. Tic Tac Toe it ain't.

I thought I was pretty good at it, but I guess not. I'm only good at applying logic to mystical symbolic terms which people dismiss because they are vague and mystical.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I thought I was pretty good at it, but I guess not. I'm only good at applying logic to mystical symbolic terms which people dismiss because they are vague and mystical.

Yeah you tried. Maybe not speaking their language the way they want it, but I get it.

Stuff like the continuum fallacy and the law of the excluded middle seem to cause some people to flip out at anything that smells like vague.