• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you cheat or condone cheating in order to be loyal?

Would you cheat or condone cheating in order to be loyal?

• I would both cheat and condone cheating to be loyal.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I would condone cheating, but not cheat, in order to loyal.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I would cheat, but not condone cheating, in order to be loyal.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I would neither cheat and condone cheating to be loyal.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

ygolo

My termites win
I thought people could come up with better scenarios that I could, so I left it open.

But here are a few for condoning cheating:
1) You caught a friend cheating on his wife. Later the wife (whom you only know through him) questions you because she suspects something.
2) Your little brother used unauthorized help on a homework, lab assignment, or take-home exam, at a university where you are employed (and obligated to report cheating).
3) Your parents always report the amount of charity given in a year to maximize their return without triggering an audit. Yet, you know they have given less that what was reported.

For cheating:
1) A friend asks you to help on a take-home exam despite being told not to collaborate.
2) You are asked to lie about your friends speedometer reading when a cop pulls you over.

G

garbage

I thought people could come up with better scenarios that I could, so I left it open.

But here are a few:
1) You caught a friend cheating on his wife. Later the wife (whom you only know through him) questions you because she suspects something.
2) Your little brother used unauthorized help on a homework, lab assignment, or take-home exam, at a university where you are employed (and obligated to report cheating).
3) Your parents always report the amount of charity given in a year to maximize their return without triggering an audit. Yet, you know they have given less that what was reported.
Oh. Other people. :doh:

With virtually everyone in the world, I'd tend to 'stay out of it.' I feel as though I don't have the energy, the understanding, or the right to meddle in everyone's affairs. More often than not, I probably don't have the influence or power to change their minds, either.

With my absolutely close friends (all.. two?.. of them) I'd meddle. Because they're my close friends, they know that I care, that I probably understand their situation, and that I'm going to step in and share my opinion about their goings-on.

I'm absolutely not a "Neighborhood watch!! Be vigilant!!" kind of person.

Bam, there's my own general principle on this matter. I'd be interested to see if this thread throws me some cans of worms where that principle just won't cut it.