• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think therefore I am?

ygolo

My termites win
I see therefore I am.
I hear therefore I am.
I smell therefore I am.
I taste therefore I am.
I feel therefore I am.
and, yes...
I think therefore I am.

But I am more than that which sees, hears, smells, tastes, feels, and thinks.

Who am I?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see therefore I am.
I hear therefore I am.
I smell therefore I am.
I taste therefore I am.
I feel therefore I am.
and, yes...
I think therefore I am.

Who am I?

Honest answer to your question: You are a philosopher.

Seriously though. We think, hear, smell taste and feel and that's all good, but we also learn, adapt and evolve.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Who is anyone?

'Who' denotes a person or individual, but does not describe them. Which is kind of funny because you can know much about someone and not know who they are, and you can know who someone is without knowing a lot about them.

Permabanned
You are that which is aware of it all, including itself. Everything else you may think about it, belongs in the same realm as the other stimuli you can be aware of. It may help to noticing the difference between being aware and thinking about it. It's in that noticing moment that one can notice this.

ygolo

My termites win
You are that which is aware of it all, including itself. Everything else you may think about it, belongs in the same realm as the other stimuli you can be aware of. It may help to noticing the difference between being aware and thinking about it. It's in that noticing moment that one can notice this.

Are you a Buddhist? Or a fan of Eckhart Tolle?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are you, I am me.

Be who you are not what you are.

Cogito Ergo Sum, atleast I'm here, in some form or another.

I only know I'm here because of my perceptions, and that is still existing at the end of the day.

You ever seen the Matrix (1999)?

W

WALMART

You are a culmination of that of which sees, hears, smells, tastes, feels, and thinks.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The focus of our perceptions creates reality. Indeed, the power of focus may be the greatest gift of mental power we possess, it allowing us to impose our willpower upon creation!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see, yet I am.
-Stevie Wonder

I don't feel, yet I am.
-Anonymous INTP

I don't think, yet I am.
-Anonymous ESFP

G

Ginkgo

Just saying. Thinking is not necessary for being. One can be without thinking.

A person isn't a person unless he/she is conscious on some level. Pure unconsciousness for a human being may very well be a misnomer. Sure, a rock is unconscious. But as I said, Fireshield is not a rock.

ygolo

My termites win
A person isn't a person unless he/she is conscious on some level. Pure unconsciousness for a human being may very well be a misnomer. Sure, a rock is unconscious. But as I said, Fireshield is not a rock.

Are you implicitly saying that you find it impossible to stop thinking, and still be conscious?

I don't.

G

Ginkgo

Are you implicitly saying that you find it impossible to stop thinking, and still be conscious?

I don't.

Yeah. Otherwise, I wouldn't be me.

"I think, therefore I am". It's a deduction from a simple statement that implicitly claims that "I am, therefore I think." The line of reasoning is inextricable from itself.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see therefore I am.
I hear therefore I am.
I smell therefore I am.
I taste therefore I am.
I feel therefore I am.
and, yes...
I think therefore I am.
Who am I?

personally, I think more "I believe therefore I am", but you being a Ti user and this being an Fi as hell thing to say, this probably makes absolutely no sense to you