• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

would you marry someone from a different plane?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Already did, so I guess that would be a yes.

Edit: actually I have many interplanar spouses. Is that legal?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I get the feeling that this is what marrying a person from a different plane would be like, constantly
It's not something one understands. It's something one experiences.

It some times has its hazards. One of my spouse collectives some times forgets that their punctuation is so powerful that if they become emphatic it can induce insanity in a tiny mortal like myself. And if they yell... you die.

Don't even get me started about the ones that communicate by spawning whole new universes....

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't even get me started about the ones that communicate by spawning whole new universes....

Isnt that normally called painting a picture? Atleast in my reality it is

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
It might be one of those "American Eagle operated by our partner Alaska Airlines" flights.

Or would that be cheating?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Isnt that normally called painting a picture? Atleast in my reality it is

For some definition of 'picture' maybe. It's like the difference between a tree actually growing and what we call a picture of a tree growing. But on some fundamental level it's like a picture yeah.

ygolo

My termites win
like of existence, ie a different realiy, not in a psychotic state, the reality exists, its just not your own.

You mean like on Fringe where Peter is actually from an alternate universe, but Olivia still loves him?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I assume I have some kind of access to this person. I assume we can physically have contact of some kind.

That said, relating to them would be hard. Theoretically the upside is both of us would have a lot to show and teach each other, but at the same time I live in the world I live in, and at the end of the day having to discuss some kind of alternate plane I have virtually no frame of reference for (the same of this other person) seems difficult.

Do we begin to share a plane of existence after marriage? That's also a huge leap, learning a totally new culture, world and history from the bottom up.

I guess my answer is only if I couldn't find someone here, which I probably should be able to (I don't think I'd connect with this foreign plane person to begin with, our experiences would be too different to build a connection off of)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming I don't get cancer of the penis or some other horrible disease, I don't see why I couldn't.

Honestly though I don't know where you're going with this or where you're even coming from. Is there some moral/legal precedent involving inter-planal relations that I've missed?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Depends. Which country is their plane landing from? :coffee:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohhh...is this like peter pan marrying the little fire fly person? He lives in the real world and she lives in...that other world?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
could I marry several different people from parallel dimensions to this world? basically If stuck having to choose between two man on this plane could I choose one here, fold the firth dimension through the sixth , an then choose the other on the other plane. And repeating whenever some new opertunity arrived? Living out multiple paths of my existantance and probably ending up on some even higher dimensions 'Maury' for excessive interplanar cheating?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
This presupposes that there is something called marriage that does not require the coplanar existence of two discrete bodies.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
This made me think of the movies Cool World and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. :laugh:

G

Ginkgo

Sometimes, marrying someone from Earth may as well be a close encounter of the third kind. So yeah, I would given the correct circumstances.

Lark

like of existence, ie a different realiy, not in a psychotic state, the reality exists, its just not your own.

Marry them? If its impossible to know of them or have contact with them I'd doubt it would be possible to marry them.