• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To eat, or not to eat, that is the bacon.

Do you eat pork?

• yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pork...

Do you eat pork? Yes or no?

I stopped eating it for a while and, when/if I eat it now, I am a little bit conscious about it, because I don't want to put off rastarafarian friends of mine who still eat meat, heck, around the vegan/vegitarian one, I eat salad, I like salad, salad's cool; same thing if I buy a friend who'se like Hindu or whatever at MacDonalds or Burger King first how they feel about having beef burgers and stuff, but, that is thy Holy Cow to which I've taken in vain when I've shouted Holy Cow in avoiding saying Holy Sh*t back, when I was younger.
But, this isn't about beef, this is about pork; Because, I THINK, it's considered dirty?

So, that's why this is a pork thread/relgious/personal choice thread, I mean; I've not eaten pork or bacon or ribs because of other reasons in the past.

What if it's a yes?
What if you love pork?
I almost went to Germany once, and I was told about the price of trout and the fondness of and immediadent availability and abundant supply of; pork...
I heard, in Germany, they can get other meats, but, the price is higher, and really higher for fish, and not even fish I'd eat (I don't know trout, I prefer tuna, salmon, cod, saltfish, prawns and stuff) ... I don't know about trout. Love, mackerel. Which, political history aside, I wonder, Germany... (I'm British and I'm from the hood, my food is a little bit different than 'Other Me' to whom I'm going to make up for the use of this analogy...
I get to buy fried chicken, frozen turkey, a lot of fish, beef, lamb, and if I want it, goat curry... With peeking duck too... Other Me, would have to choose between pork, or trout. I don't know Germany, as I said, I've never been, but because of that, kind of made me see the whole world different, like culture and, what we eat, and, it's all good I guess, but; something clicked.
That's just me though, and my hearing of A LOT of pork in Germany. Like, yeah.

Sometimes I eat pork and, sometimes I choose not to, and when/if I eat pork, bacon, ham, ribs, whatever; I can't help but think of the rastas :), and, I do gotta make sure my mouth's clean, for my own peace of mind, if I've been eating pork and see them. - that's just me and pork eating, what about you?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I love all forms of pigs, i'd eat humans if they were dead and refrigerated and cut up in nice little pieces at the store if they didn't cause prions. I don't have much of a conscience for already dead things. I could kill an animals if i didn't look into it's eyes.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually want a mod to edit the poll I made for a third 'sometimes' option..... BUT since somebody already voted and stuff, I don't even wanna ask anymore. lol

I'm just gonna vote yes.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I actually want a mod to edit the poll I made for a third 'sometimes' option..... BUT since somebody already voted and stuff, I don't even wanna ask anymore. lol

I'm just gonna vote yes.
I can vote again, my opinion won't have changed and i'm sure i can rememeber it

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can vote again, my opinion won't have changed and i'm sure i can rememeber it
Nah, I guess I'd leave it, but, because of that post^ I cut and paste my opeing post and was ready to delete this thread... I couldn't delete this thread, because, still I think, if a mod did, out of the kindess of their heart or whatever, decide to add the sometimes option, for me - I've already decided to vote and voted yes wishing to use my post lol, as sort of a note I guess, of my cock up there... but... Then, if my rastafarian friends were to say, they might say, I still eat pork, even if it's not around them, and I'd say, sometimes, but, since to the non porker eater my eating pork sometimes is still a technically a yes, I'm just gonna go yes.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only meat I eat is fish/shrimp and that I eat very sparingly. Meats tend to make me feel very loaded down and sluggish. Too rich. But even when I ate meat I was never a fan of pork. I preferred turkey bacon an pork chops always had a soapy taste to me.

F

FigerPuppet

Only bacon and sausages. Not a fan of pork roasts. You can't get any better sausages than those that are Danish and made of pork, though. I am reminded of this fact every time I go abroad. The only sausages that are straight - without any curves - in Denmark are those jokes made of chicken or turkey, while it seems at least 90% of sausages abroad are straight and boring (both in appearance and flavour) like this.

Grill_0.png

vs.

8b.jpg

xisnotx

Permabanned
Pigs are amazingly tasty.
I was just eating some bacon not more than five minutes ago.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. Also, a life without meat wouldn't be worth living.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Not too much anymore. We eat mostly turkey products but I love pork tenderloin. It's lean and very versatile so I make it often.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I eat pork loin and pork chops and bacon and sausages. Not every day though, mainly for health reasons do I avoid pork products, not for any religious or other reason; so I don't eat it as often as fish or chicken or eggs, and I won't eat it in disgusting things like ham salad or weird sandwich products.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Only bacon and sausages. Not a fan of pork roasts. You can't get any better sausages than those that are Danish and made of pork, though. I am reminded of this fact every time I go abroad. The only sausages that are straight - without any curves - in Denmark are those jokes made of chicken or turkey, while it seems at least 90% of sausages abroad are straight and boring (both in appearance and flavour) like this.

Grill_0.png

vs.

8b.jpg

SmileyMan, I appreciate the time you put into this post. Graphics even. I can tell you are true connoisseur.

Lark

I was pseudo-veggie for a year and know one guy who is veggie for a lot of good reasons but once ate bacon with me and couple of other people.

I love bacon and black pudding or haggis.