• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is fish a meat?

Is fish a meat?

• Total voters

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is fish a meat?

060.jpg

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Is a fish a meat?
Is fish a meat?
Is a fish meat?
Is fish meat?

I really don't know.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think its technically a seafood

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Yes. Any sort of animal flesh is meat imo.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
How could it not be considered meat? It's animal carcass, is it not? I've been a lifelong vegetarian and lots of people have told me, "I'm a vegetarian, but I eat fish."

You're doing it wrong.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For some reason, it's usually categorized separately; especially in the field of diet. There are people who avoid "meat", yet will eat fish.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How could it not be considered meat? It's animal carcass, is it not? I've been a lifelong vegetarian and lots of people have told me, "I'm a vegetarian, but I eat fish."

You're doing it wrong.

It's a protein but it doesn't live on land. Apparently that's the skewed logic the Catholics use too.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
It is meat, and it is also not meat. Just like the inside of a walnut is meat but also not meat.

I hope that makes it clear! :p

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
No, that's not a good analogy. Walnuts aren't animals.

But the edible part is called meat. Look it up. :D

Another problem is the fact that 'meat' has meant different things throughout history. It used to just be a word for 'food' pretty much.

But the edible part is called meat. Look it up. :D

Another problem is the fact that 'meat' has meant different things throughout history. It used to just be a word for 'food' pretty much.

I know it's called meat. It's just not meat in the way fish is meat, i.e., the commonly accepted meaning, which was the question in the OP. Also, past meanings of the word are irrelevant in the present context if they are no longer used that way.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I know it's called meat. It's just not meat in the way fish is meat, i.e., the commonly accepted meaning, which was the question in the OP. Also, past meanings of the word are irrelevant in the present context if they are no longer used that way.

I was being facetious, anyway. And now we have killed the joke. :(