• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditation and Addiction

Mole

Permabanned
Last night I was listening to Fr Laurence Freeman, a Benedictine monk who teaches meditation world wide, and who is visiting Oz.

And it struck me that Laurence lacked spontaneity. It was as though he was on a drug. And he was - the drug of meditation.

But what first caught my attention was that Father Laurence defended the priestly perpetrators of child sexual abuse, but showed no concern for the victims.

This alerted me that something was wrong. So then I could see he had no spontaneity, and spoke with the voice of authority.

So I think Father Laurence is addicted to meditation and authority.

W

WALMART

Last night I was listening to Fr Laurence Freeman, a Benedictine monk who teaches meditation world wide, and who is visiting Oz.

And it struck me that Laurence lacked spontaneity. It was as though he was on a drug. And he was - the drug of meditation.

But what first caught my attention was that Father Laurence defended the priestly perpetrators of child sexual abuse, but showed no concern for the victims.

This alerted me that something was wrong. So then I could see he had no spontaneity, and spoke with the voice of authority.

So I think Father Laurence is addicted to meditation and authority.

is he addicted to it, or just really good?

W

WALMART

Which thing? meditation or pretending that priests don't molest?

Pretending priests don't molest. I mean... I guess to them they're kinda doing god's work. They can't help a brother fucked up. I guess my statement pertains to both subjects, really...

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Pretending priests don't molest. I mean... I guess to them they're kinda doing god's work. They can't help a brother fucked up. I guess my statement pertains to both subjects, really...

That's where the delusion lies. As long as I/we do all of this other good, I can overlook the dark stain on my/our character.
Meditation can only open the mind that has nothing to hide.

W

WALMART

That's where the delusion lies. As long as I/we do all of this other good, I can overlook the dark stain on my/our character.
Meditation can only open the mind that has nothing to hide.

I would argue the mind has nothing to hide only after a perfect meditation, but to each his own.

Mole

Permabanned
Cliché and Archetype

Maybe the tabloids you get your views from Victor are the real drug.

As I move from cliché to archetype, I naturally start with the tabloids roiling with cliché, so that I can bring the archetype to you.

Sure, I get my fingers dirty with newsprint, to bring you the pristine, electronic archetype.