• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you learn in church today?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What did you learn in church, mosque, temple, synagogue or anywhere or anything else today/last time you went and, do you attend/go regularly? - religious building or not.

In church last sunday, I learnt that in times of famine, I need not go hungry, if I accept God and go to his blessings then, I shall eat, grow fat in the glory of God.
Kings I - Chapter 17, 1 - 15.

I'm like... Okay...? That's cool, I personally don't want to grow fat but, I got what he said... That growing fat part was an ice breaker joke thing still, but, yeah, that's what he said.

W

WALMART

emotion is the result of not-knowing

thank you, yagyu munenori

also, i must assert i do not go to or attend any type of religious affiliation's gatherings. i read books.

midnightstar

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can't remember what I learnt last time I was in church ... last time I went in a church was years ago ...

Beorn

Permabanned
"What has a man from all the toil and striving of heart with which he toils beneath the sun? For all his days are full of sorrow, and his work is a vexation. Even in the night his heart does not rest. This also is vanity.
There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil."

-The Preacher

KDude

I learned that the preacher doesn't like being interrupted with questions.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Proverbs 23:13-14

Do not withhold discipline from a child. If you beat him with a rod, he will not die. If you beat him with the rod, you will save his life from Sheol.

:vader1:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is actually really good motivation to go back to church. I like church because you can hear what someone else has to say about God/ religion but at the same time, I need a little entertainment, so I always try to go with one of my friends and we can analyze/ laugh about the stuff they are saying. Now I don't need the friend, I just need you friends!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Delusional people are better left to their devices.

I remember the story of, (samuel was it?) where he kept waking up his friend and being like.
"hey, I heard a voice."
and the friend was pretty much like "go back to bed."
Until it happened three times and the friend pretty much said (in old fashioned words)
"oh, that's God actually, you should respond"
And then he responded, "speak Lord, your servant is listening."

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm terrible in church. I zone out, enjoy my own fantasies, and grievously misinterpret sermons.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I learned that the best time to go to church was at lent, because they had lent lunch and I like free home made soups and cheese.

What's that? Believe in god for an hour? Sure just pass me that bowl of potato and leek....

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In a Missouri Synod Lutheran church I learned that facts aren't important if it means driving a sermon home. I also learned that specific church makes me angry and to never go again. In a Reformed Temple, I learned a trained cantor makes for a beautiful service and that I like challah. In a Unitarian Church, I learned that you can have church with little religion involved, but it seems politics and ideology fills the gap.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Gay marriage will destroy society (apparently straight people have been doing a wonderful job with marriage!) but pedophelia is A-OK!! sickening really :(

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gay marriage will destroy society (apparently straight people have been doing a wonderful job with marriage!) but pedophelia is A-OK!! sickening really :(

I misread the bold as ''philadelphia,'' for some reason. :blink:

:doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I learned to say the lord's prayer in portuguese (seriously... last time I went to church was in 2005 and I went because I had free room and board in the convent and I had nothing better to do! :laugh:)

oddly enough, I was asked to lead the lord's prayer somewhere the other day and couldn't for the life of me remember it in english :doh:

Permabanned
I learned to say the lord's prayer in portuguese (seriously... last time I went to church was in 2005 and I went because I had free room and board in the convent and I had nothing better to do! :laugh:)

oddly enough, I was asked to lead the lord's prayer somewhere the other day and couldn't for the life of me remember it in english :doh:

"Ave maria cheia de graça, venha a nós o vosso reino something something"