• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you learn in church today?

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
i don't go to church, but what i find is that certain people go or lead for the right reasons: finding peace in life and a sense of "unity" that starts within and bleeds outside of the self.

then their are other people that find it uncomfortable to have a real connection within themselves, in which case they seek it outside and rely upon that entity to take the place of what's missing (instead of finding the real substance). after that, they believe everything this entity tells them and they believe it deeply--why wouldn't they? it has now taken the place of something integral to their being and is masked to mimic that of a deeply rooted belief that originated within... almost like brainwashing. this type is evident when they cannot argue their beliefs (the one's that don't rely purely on faith, and i've seen people stress the idea of faith to prove something that is obviously bullshit).

what's funny though is that while religion gets a very bad rap in modern day society, modern day society (social movements/popular idiocy) is no different than any form of religion. you still get people who, for some reason, hold onto a "deeply held belief" that they cannot argue, and upon bringing this to their attention they either get upset or they accuse you of being "argumentative" (despite the fact they were and will always be ready and willing to fight up until the point at which they run into a wall). they all have an idea that just so happens to correlate to a skewed definition, or false moral pandering (originating without), that doesn't fit any form of structure or coherency, and cannot explain why they believe it in way that makes sense, because when they attempt to do so, they reveal how full of holes the belief itself is.

of course, that doesn't pertain to everything that originates outside of one's self, as in, it coming from something other than you doesn't immediately invalidate it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the idea of church. I like the idea of people getting together for a common spiritual reason. But, even aside from all the ugly stuff, the idea realized isn't near as cool, at least not worth getting out of bed for.

Lark

I like the idea of church. I like the idea of people getting together for a common spiritual reason. But, even aside from all the ugly stuff, the idea realized isn't near as cool, at least not worth getting out of bed for.

Dude there's loads of things in which the fantasy or dream doesnt measure up to the reality.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
The cup on the right is grape juice, and the cup on the left is wine. Accidentally took the grape juice...never again.

Is it irreverent to even care?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I ate the bread of Jesus, and drank his blood.

This obviously means we must all become vampiric cannibals. How could anyone miss this??

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I found that homemade soup, created for Lent lunch and old ladies with a soft spot for cheeky kids was a great combination for filling my stomach.

I did like the architecture and design of the particular church I was taken to, but for my mum's chagrin, she never could get me interested in the actual religious side of the proceedings.

In her eyes the actual point of church. I disagreed and got free food and an appreciation for old buildings with unusual windows.

PS: just realised I already mentioned this.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If I would have went to church today I would have learned what my mind revealed as I slowly undressed the hot women in front of me with my mind's eye.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I learned that sound systems are run on computers. The service started 20 minutes late because the sound wouldn't come out. They had to reboot the server.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I learned that the new pastor likes red shoes. I kept expecting her to click her heels together and say "there's no place like home".