• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Code of the Sith

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

"I am not a man of words. But I respect the power of words, for that is what transformed me. The words of the Sith Code. Others had heard them, contemplated them, and so on. But I understood them, and they changed me. For what was I before I heard those words? Nothing."
―Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

"The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side."
―Qordis

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

"I am not a man of words. But I respect the power of words, for that is what transformed me. The words of the Sith Code. Others had heard them, contemplated them, and so on. But I understood them, and they changed me. For what was I before I heard those words? Nothing."
―Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

"The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side."
―Qordis

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

this is awesome. the sith are more powerful, have more fun and don't have all those stupid rules of the jedi that keep them domesticated like puppies

PS: the sith are so fucking 8 LOL

Lark

The Jedi code is far superior, the Sith are just Jedi who have fallen into corruption and their code is nothing but a decayed and degradated version of the original. The sith are the degeneration of the Jedi and even the force itself.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The Jedi code is far superior, the Sith are just Jedi who have fallen into corruption and their code is nothing but a decayed and degradated version of the original. The sith are the degeneration of the Jedi and even the force itself.

I think there are fundamental flaws with both. Jedi make an effort to be devoid of all emotion. They entirely lack emotion, passion, etc. They're not encourage to act for themselves or on their own wants, which sort of makes the Republic this sort of scary hive-mind. It all seems somewhat nefarious to me. Like the Jedi Order is akin to The Party from 1984.

Whereas Sith rely entirely upon emotion, which is equally problematic.

I don't think either seems like a healthy lifestyle and/or system of government.

Lark

I think there are fundamental flaws with both. Jedi make an effort to be devoid of all emotion. They entirely lack emotion, passion, etc. They're not encourage to act for themselves or on their own wants, which sort of makes the Republic this sort of scary hive-mind. It all seems somewhat nefarious to me. Like the Jedi Order is akin to The Party from 1984.

Whereas Sith rely entirely upon emotion, which is equally problematic.

I don't think either seems like a healthy lifestyle and/or system of government.

Studying the Jedi Path and other Star Wars sources the Jedi are a lot more like taoist or confucian council to the dynastic authorities than the party in 1984, in fact that's a little odd but I've read a huge amount about 1984 and a huge amount of Orwell so would probably think of that analogy a little differently, the party in 1984 did appear to oppose love, sex, sentimentality but it was fuelled by hate, domination, fear and loathing, it'd be more like a Sith state.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"The dark side of the Force is stronger because they can use lightning with it."
To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Let's face it, the Force Lightning is really the only reason the Sith are cool. Otherwise they're ugly, and nobody wants to be ugly.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Didn't someone say that the dark side is stronger only because it's faster?

The quick and easy path it is, and if you take it, you will become an agent of evil!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only power we surely have is the power of love and compassion.

The Force will change you, it will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they can accomplish. Mercy, compassion, loyalty, all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours! Those who do not cast aside these conceits, those who walk the path of moderation will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.

G

Ginkgo

The Force will change you, it will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they can accomplish. Mercy, compassion, loyalty, all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours! Those who do not cast aside these conceits, those who walk the path of moderation will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.

Change and motion are illusions. Mercy, compassion, and loyalty are already ours in The Force. Attempting to claim something that is not yours is chasing a trail of smoke. Smoke arising from the impression that you can cast aside those "conceits" in the first place. Sith strike each other down in the name of change, unchanging.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Dark Side will change you and transform you. Most rightfully fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi focus on harnessing the Force to be used productively in an enlightened manner, to maintain the balance of creation. Those who serve the dark side are blinded by their own animal and unrefined natures, further twisted by a fundamental misunderstanding of the Force, the self's relation to reality and reality itself. It is conceited to assume that anything is rightfully yours when a being of any power could have killed you as an infant. Even a non-living virus devoid of conscious force powers can kill the most powerful Sith. It is from the virtues of mercy, compassion and loyalty that all true strength exists, and those who cannot see this fundamental truth or cannot find it within themselves to develop these qualities will be destroyed by the Force itself.

G

Ginkgo

The Dark Side will change you and transform you. Most rightfully fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi focus on harnessing the Force to be used productively in an enlightened manner, to maintain the balance of creation. Those who serve the dark side are blinded by their own animal and unrefined natures, further twisted by a fundamental misunderstanding of the Force, the self's relation to reality and reality itself. It is conceited to assume that anything is rightfully yours when a being of any power could have killed you as an infant. Even a non-living virus devoid of conscious force powers can kill the most powerful Sith. It is from the virtues of mercy, compassion and loyalty that all true strength exists, and those who cannot see this fundamental truth or cannot find it within themselves to develop these qualities will be destroyed by the Force itself.

:bananachamp:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The Jedi will cut a fart in a room then quietly excuse themselves while it builds in intensity.

The Sith will happily fart in your face suddenly and brutally, then laugh about it afterwards.

Not sure which is worse.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Star Wars philosophy is crude, shallow, and juvenile. I can't think about it without wanting to rip it up. It frustrates me when people take it seriously (and by Jove there are plenty who do). In particular, ethics in fiction is a subject that I like to discuss and have some strong ideas about, and Star Wars is one of my go-to examples for everything being done wrong.

Now, perhaps at some point I'll bother to elaborate on that instead of grumbling.

*harumph*

Let's face it, the Force Lightning is really the only reason the Sith are cool. Otherwise they're ugly, and nobody wants to be ugly.

Black robes and red light sabers.

Standuble

Star Wars philosophy is crude, shallow, and juvenile. I can't think about it without wanting to rip it up. It frustrates me when people take it seriously (and by Jove there are plenty who do). In particular, ethics in fiction is a subject that I like to discuss and have some strong ideas about, and Star Wars is one of my go-to examples for everything being done wrong.

Now, perhaps at some point I'll bother to elaborate on that instead of grumbling.

*harumph*

Black robes and red light sabers.

I found your remarks intriguing. Isn't the philosophy for the most part mere permutation of various real world philosophy? What defines it as so crude and juvenile?

Anyhoo I've contemplated both codes and do believe the Jedi code doesn't seem to stick too much with what I understand of the universe. For one is there knowledge in a universe which is essentially unknowable? Is there harmony in a universe which is undergoing endless expansion? Is there peace in a universe whose internal components undergo endless destruction through collision and reaction? I can only see the logic in "There is no death, there is the Force" in the respect of the conservation of matter and energy of a living entity which has undergone death.

The code of the Sith is flawed in that it seeks a pursuit of ultimate power ("through victory my chains are broken" and "the Force shall free me") in a universe which has limits and is heading towards an inevitable decline. The Sith code too has the potential to go awry from the universe e.g. seeking immortality in the material self when immortality is not achievable in the conventional universe even though the existential component of the wider Sith philosophy is sound (as it aligns itself with "the natural law" observable in the animal kingdom and in the driving factors of evolution.

So I'll say the Sith code sucks and my post sucks too because I am more brain dead tonigh than I am usually.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Uh huh, yeah. Two bad there can only be two Sith - master and apprentice. Everyone else = pawns.

Icarus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Jedi will cut a fart in a room then quietly excuse themselves while it builds in intensity.

The Sith will happily fart in your face suddenly and brutally, then laugh about it afterwards.

Not sure which is worse.

I'd say brutal farting is worse.