• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm not sure how to ask what I'm asking, thus my problem.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Most logic (I've yet to be convinced otherwise, at least) plays on yes/no binaries. Something either is, or it's not. Zeros and ones. On or off. In and out. Etc etc.

Yet, it's also known that nature can contradict these opposing states. There exists many states beyond on/off.

I've always thought time is one such concept. Time can exist in at least three different states. Now, or not now. And not now is binarized as past and future. Then there is "inside time" and "outside time"...where the two times are different. So, time ( assuming it's logical nature) is at least three, and maybe even five, dimensional.

So, I'd argue time is outside logic, but is natural ( not speculative, non the less).

(As an aside, people naturally speak of time without realizing it...and thus become redundant in their thoughts. Communication, meaningfully intended, must always shy away from time, or explicitly mention it).

Now, from here, I usually jump to god. He/She/It comes after the yes/no thought pattern and also the time thought pattern. But, I'm pretty sure that jump is an assumption as if it were not then god wouldn't be either. It/He/She would be able to be proven "naturally".

Naturalistic in this context is simply "internally consistent".

Obviously, from the above it seems to me that I'm intergrating gender and non gender, and assuming divinity...but in order for a non devine understanding of that thought pattern to become apparent, I'm going to have to replace it with another naturalistic piece. And it's this piece that I'm struggling with. Gender is binarized. Non gender should be too. Yet only "it' describes non gender. "Not it' is meaningless. There should exist a gender state that exists between "it" and "not it". But I can't think of anything...but if I had that piece it would fit very nicely into the yes/no-time model.

Gender is just a place holder of a concept; it might not end up (probably won't, actually) having to do with anything gender related...but the model so far is the best I can come up with. I'll probably end up stumbling in to it.

So, yeah, any help?

xisnotx

Permabanned
By help I just mean any readings you think I should look into or any topics that sound even tangentinially relevant.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure how to ask what I'm asking, thus my problem.
Eggzactly. :D

We can also make logical constructions using ''may be''. Logic doesn't necessarily has to involve ''yes'' and ''no''.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are many logics with varying semantics. Intuitionistic logic is proof theoretic, dialetheists accept true contradictions, Łukasiewicz and Kleene among others introduced a third truth-value in their systems, etc, etc. If you're interested in time, you should look into tense logic, as introduced by Prior, and modal logic in general.