• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why believe in Christianity???

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are about 10000 different ''bibles'' claiming they have the impeccable truth, but my intuition tells me I got it right and everyone else got it wrong. I mean, it's so obvious! How can they not see it?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
B7R9t.jpg

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Says someone with a severe ignorance of human history.

Are you going to tell me that all the atrocities committed in the name of religion were really done by atheists? Gee, I haven't heard that one before.

Lark

Are you going to tell me that all the atrocities committed in the name of religion were really done by atheists? Gee, I haven't heard that one before.

No, I'm going to tell you to go and read and be less comfortable with cliched and hackneyed half-truths. How many people tell you what you just wrote or did you think that was clever?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, I'm going to tell you to go and read and be less comfortable with cliched and hackneyed half-truths. How many people tell you what you just wrote or did you think that was clever?

Why would I want to go read? I have beliefs.

Mole

Permabanned
Islam is ~600 years younger than Christianity. 600 years ago, Christianity was undergoing the Inquisition. It remains to be seen whether Islam will experience its own enlightenment, sparked by the thoughts of progressive, modern Muslims who risk death threats to bring their faith out of its dark ages.

We may not have time. One Islamic State has nuclear weapons and another is building them as I write. So if we wait for Islam to have their own Enlightenment, there may not be much left to enlighten.

Anyway Islam has had their own Reformation already and gone back to the literal truth of the Koran and Sharia Law. And 57 Islamic States have openly and publicly rejected the Enlightenment and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Nuclear weapons, biological and chemical weapons don't give us the luxury of time.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] liked it, but why jesus/yahweh?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We may not have time. One Islamic State has nuclear weapons and another is building them as I write. So if we wait for Islam to have their own Enlightenment, there may not be much left to enlighten.

Anyway Islam has had their own Reformation already and gone back to the literal truth of the Koran and Sharia Law. And 57 Islamic States have openly and publicly rejected the Enlightenment and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Nuclear weapons, biological and chemical weapons don't give us the luxury of time.
Modern technology allows for far more rapid dissemination of knowledge, however, and much easier communication among far-flung individuals and groups who share the desire for progress. Time will tell which factor will predominate.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would I want to go read? I have beliefs.

If it matters, I've got religious friends who I appreciate, and have my own long history meandering through faith, and I still thought your humor was amusing and spot on.