• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, Jennifer, because we are limited, we can only express one facet at a time, so I rely upon you to express the facets I am too limited to produce. And like the facets of a diamond, we sparkle together.

Since i don't want my facet to outshine yours, i'll invest as little as you have.

Gemini

MBTI Type
INFJ
We worship because we've been genetically programmed to do so. For millions of years, humans existed in small groups, each having a leader. Gene frequencies were adjusted over eons so that most people - very much like today - want or even need to follow. It had to be that way, because groups with people who didn't have a strong need to belong, and to follow....didn't work together. Those groups failed.

The leader of a group ( or tribe or whatever ) makes the important decisions for the group. He watches out for the group...and all he wants is your loyalty. So you trust in him, you look to him to provide food, shelter....sound familiar....?

Mia.

We worship because we've been genetically programmed to do so. For millions of years, humans existed in small groups, each having a leader. Gene frequencies were adjusted over eons so that most people - very much like today - want or even need to follow. It had to be that way, because groups with people who didn't have a strong need to belong, and to follow....didn't work together. Those groups failed.

The leader of a group ( or tribe or whatever ) makes the important decisions for the group. He watches out for the group...and all he wants is your loyalty. So you trust in him, you look to him to provide food, shelter....sound familiar....?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

url

Oh, I do hope this is a parody, I really do,....

... because if not, it is the most insulting, arrogant, misinformed and offensive video I have seen in a very, very long time.

Most believers I know IRL (and here on the forum) are much better educated, less judgemental and prejudiced, more embracing and less hateful towards others than this guy, so I can console myself with the thought that he is not at all representative of believers as a whole. *phew*

I do respect believers and show more respect when entering a church (or temple, etc) than many believers, but this guy gives them a bad name!

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If Jesus had ever read Job I doubt he believed the earth was flat, or the sun went round the earth. He also lived in an age that had the knowledge of the Greeks and Egyptians (they were not idiots). He was also reading scrolls in the temple as a child.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think if Jesus were alive today, he'd be much more loving and accepting than many of his followers.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
'If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." (Albert Einstein)

Einstein talks in this quote about the abstract God, who in human assumptions created the Universe and all the existence... that's so, so wrong..... Einstein was a religeous non-believer, an atheist if you like in terms of religions. More knowledge they have, the people began to leave behind the God from the Old Testament, creating their own view about God. Humans distorted completely the image of Yahweh. Obviously Einstein didn't read the document called "Decoding the ancient manuscripts". If he did he would change a little bit the perceptions about God... and yes we must have fear in the face of God the Father, and, if we deserve, to hope for a reward through Christ: the immortality.

Remember my quote:
"Through science and knowledge you will never get to know better our God, but you will become like God"

That's a difference... and this difference will shatter our civilization for good.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
url

... because if not, it is the most insulting, arrogant, misinformed and offensive video I have seen in a very, very long time.

Most believers I know IRL (and here on the forum) are much better educated, less judgemental and prejudiced, more embracing and less hateful towards others than this guy, so I can console myself with the thought that he is not at all representative of believers as a whole. *phew*

I do respect believers and show more respect when entering a church (or temple, etc) than many believers, but this guy gives them a bad name!

And this is why Germany was ranked the world's least funny country...

Mia.

:laugh: It is meant to be humor, yes. Exaggeration for effect. Klavan is a long-time Hollywood insider and works in entertainment, and his videos are meant to make a splash.

He’s also an NTJ and his Te is on steroids (which has high potential to rub Fe the wrong way…. please forgive the NTJs, they know not what they do….. okay that’s not true) He’s staunchly libertarian, which also makes him particularly vocal.

He and I disagree on a number of things, but I do think he has valid insights about the role of faith in civilization and it’s teleology, even if his delivery provokes a facepalm reaction.

Hehe.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Since I had no Intention of bring funny I assume this is your comedic way of saying you think (or know) it is a parody. Thanks. I think it fails as satire though, because, sadly, it is too close to real life to actually be enough over the top to be recognizable as such. I foubd it to be borderline, this the question.

Since I have your attention for a moment now and you seem to be an expert on humor, please enlighten me: why do you think that your folks are so supreme at it and mine apparently suck at it? What makes you born comedians and clowns and us people everybody associates with seriousness?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
He and I disagree on a number of things, but I do think he has valid insights about the role of faith in civilization and it’s teleology, even if his delivery provokes a facepalm reaction.

See, I have a different read.

My relationship with faith is a complicated one, and while I don't share his views in certain ways, I do agree with some of the things he says.

His delivery, on the other hand, provokes nothing but glee.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Since I had no Intention of bring funny I assume this is your comedic way of saying you think (or know) it is a parody. Thanks. I think it fails as satire though, because, sadly, it is too close to real life to actually be enough over the top to be recognizable as such. I foubd it to be borderline, this the question.

:rofl1:

Since I have your attention for a moment now and you seem to be an expert on humor, please enlighten me: why do you think that your folks are so supreme at it and mine apparently suck at it? What makes you born comedians and clowns and us people everybody associates with seriousness?

For the same reason you responded the way you did above.

You people can't help yourselves.

It's your culture.

Mia.

See, I have a different read.

My relationship with faith is a complicated one, and while I don't share his views in certain ways, I do agree with some of the things he says.

His delivery, on the other hand, provokes nothing but glee.

I find him hilarious, as I do nearly all NTJ style humor. So to have that NTJ humor wielded concerning something I happen to agree on... :pinkcuffs:

I get it, but not everyone appreciates it or takes it as it is meant to be. So I feel I have to buffer/mitigate fall out after the NTJ drops the Te bomb. FPs frequently are the ambassadors to those with Fe for TJs. :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I get it, but not everyone appreciates it or takes it as it is meant to be. So I feel I have to buffer/mitigate fall out after the NTJ drops the Te bomb. FPs frequently are the ambassadors to those with Fe for TJs. :D

Yes, you understand the Fi/Te.
They, on the other hand, are a bunch of lil
hitler.gif
s