• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Splendid isolation

Lark

Would you live a life like the guy in Lost who was isolated in the underground chamber which emulated night and day, had an means of exercise, supply of food, books, music and that was it? What do you think you would find difficult? What would be great about it? What would you want to change about it?

I'm also thinking about the millenium project which had a group of scientists living inside a totally contained self-enclosed eco pod settlement, they apparently were prepared to kill one another with boredom at the finish and said it was impossible.

I think I'd be fine if I had enough books, either an internet connection or a programme which could emulate a forum, and I believe that wouldnt be too difficult, I've seen forums with highly sophisticated bots on them and a lot of trolls or posters sometimes arent that sophisticated even, also I'd like exercise equipment but that's a recent thing. Oh and a journal or writing materials. Then I think I could hack it.

A

Anew Leaf

Would you live a life like the guy in Lost who was isolated in the underground chamber which emulated night and day, had an means of exercise, supply of food, books, music and that was it? What do you think you would find difficult? What would be great about it? What would you want to change about it?

I'm also thinking about the millenium project which had a group of scientists living inside a totally contained self-enclosed eco pod settlement, they apparently were prepared to kill one another with boredom at the finish and said it was impossible.

I think I'd be fine if I had enough books, either an internet connection or a programme which could emulate a forum, and I believe that wouldnt be too difficult, I've seen forums with highly sophisticated bots on them and a lot of trolls or posters sometimes arent that sophisticated even, also I'd like exercise equipment but that's a recent thing. Oh and a journal or writing materials. Then I think I could hack it.

In a heartbeat.

This is sort of my dream if I ever make millions of dollars.

Just need to skip the part where my sleep is interrupted every 108 minutes.

What I would find difficult is this annoying part of me that I cannot kill that desires some sort of human companionship. I would probably solve it by becoming emo and writing amazing poetry on cave walls, and the sand of the beaches, and etch it into the flesh of trees.

P.S. @ bold: I can't find it but apparently there is/was a forum dedicated to Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer with thousands of threads and posts.... all made by one person. That's crazy. Don't do that.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's pretty much how I do live. I like it.