• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the ansver to how save the world(suggested by a mushroom)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i guess the title needs some explaining :D

Terence McKenna in this talk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWoHLcHC0oM talked about how people could get answers from psychedelics and how someone asked from him "why dont you just ask the mushroom how to save the world?", and he did.

Mushroom said to him that no woman should have no more than one natural child. First he was quite baffled by the answer, but he thought it through and its not hard to realize that the main reason for the problems in the world is overpopulation. So he calculated that if women wouldnt have no more than one natural child(ofc they could adopt), the population would go down to bit more than one billion in 150 years. Which would be quite optimal for this planet.

What do you guys think about the idea of people making only one child or about asking questions from the unconscious of oneself via psychedelic substances?

Ps. quite many cultures have used psychedelics as guides/teachers for centuries, so this isnt some new age wacko idea

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ah... why I shall never be a prophet of any sort... mushrooms, when I tried them, made me rather ill :sick:

though I'm all for having fewer children pestering me in public... I swear that they're like cats and are most attracted to those who really aren't that fond of them :doh:

KDude

ah... why I shall never be a prophet of any sort... mushrooms, when I tried them, made me rather ill :sick:

Same here. I literally foamed at the mouth and told my friends "Later!" The world went on without me, saved or damned. Me, I sat in bed and stared at the same object for 5 hours. Or was it 6? All I know is that there was no meaning of life. No meaning of that particular object either.

KDude

I'd rather walk the Silk Road, after all is said and done.

Like I said, my experience is limited with shrooms, but LSD.. I don't know.. I've done it at least 30 times. I've never heard anyone say anything but gibberish (including myself). I used to have a sort of ritual though where I'd get my friends in the car, and gun it at this particular overpass that created the sensation that we were going to fly off the highway.. like a rollercoaster sensation. And everyone would be tripping balls. I have fond memories of this. When it came to discussing things though, I could associate an ashtray, a rotten tomato, a can of spraypaint, and Barry Manilow would pop on the radio... and suddenly I'd find the meaning of life in this absurd bullshit. And I sort of knew it was bullshit. It was just funny. Meaningful though? Not at all.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION]... at least you didn't pull off the whole "wake up face down on the bath mat wondering how the hell you got there and why your face is stuck to the floor" (what was one of many for me around that time unfortunately)... no revelations from 'shrooms... not even a "what the hell am I doing with my life?!" :doh:

got nothing profound from the time I tried acid either... I believed that I was a hologram for about 2 hours straight, using the obvious logic that since I could pour a glass of water on my lap and the floor got wet I must NOT be real (ignoring the fact that I got soaked)... it is, however, always kind of amusing to listen to people on drugs say what they think is totally profound when completely sober... they sound like such idiots most of the time :rofl1:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You pays you money and you takes your choice.

I'm not saying it is true or profound.

ygolo

My termites win
What do you guys think about the idea of people making only one child [...]?

Well, on the surface, this seems like a wonderfully simple way to control population growth, and thereby control a lot of the problems associated with large populations.

But you know what happened in countries that tried to either enforce this by law or even encourage it? There were forced sterilizations, abortions and infanticides based on gender, and so on.

What would you do if other countries didn't enforce this as a law?

What would be the "punishment" for having more than one child?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I happen to agree with your shrooms. It would be great if this were the mentality that was encouraged, like, if everyone was taught that this was the best way, and so most people agreed. There would always be your random rebels, but if the majority felt this way, it would help a lot. It doesn't seem to be something we can get consensus on, though, and I know that, for example, some churches encourage their members to be fruitful and multiply, so it would be an uphill battle to get this mainstreamed. I wish it were possible, though.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is 1 option, but remember, we already have a country that is doing this. And that country ended up exploding with more men than woman, which is a problem all to itself.

To me, I would say an alternative method to saving the world from overpopulation is to find alternative ways to make food in a large scale way. That means, for each city, state, and country, there would be ways that they will implement to grow crops. Create ways to grow crops even out of season (controlling temperature so all crops can grow year round on a large scale, growing crops that need little water, etc.) I think, there are hundreds of ideas to be able to do it, it is just implementing them is the hard part. All it takes is some imagination whether you live in the city or the country.

Trying to force a 1 child law is harder to enforce than to create a society that will be willing to grow food anywhere and anyplace as the one child law is going against the flow of the population while creating an enviroment suitable for the population growth is not.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you should try to force it -- I think you should sell people on it so they do it voluntarily. More than 1 should be heavily discouraged on many fronts; 1 should be heavily encouraged -- in advertising on all fronts, from doctors, from the pulpit, etc. etc. That would be the best way, I think.

There are more men than women in that country you mentioned because the girls are being aborted.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think you should try to force it -- I think you should sell people on it so they do it voluntarily. More than 1 should be heavily discouraged on many fronts; 1 should be heavily encouraged -- in advertising on all fronts, from doctors, from the pulpit, etc. etc. That would be the best way, I think.

exactly, i dont get where people got the idea that it has to be done like it was done in some 3rd world country before they started to have at least little human rights..

if all governments would say to people that humanity will die or at least most people will starve to death during the life time of younger generations, there will be wars etc. because there isnt enough food for all IF you make more than one child -> people would start to think. and those who wont start to think, will be looked by others like they are ruining the world and will be discriminated due to their selfish and short sighted attitude. add some heavy taxes to those who do make more than one child and possibly remove their pensions, governments could pay for abortions in case accidents happen, governments could offer(not force) free castration, they could offer free birth control etc.

KDude

Damn.. so this thread is really about population control? I thought the talking shrooms were more interesting.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've already had this idea while sober. I wonder what kind of idea would I with come up with these mushrooms.
Chances are I'd want to take ''population control'' to another level. :dalek:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Never done drugs, but I do think population control could be stimulated by doing away with that insidious idea that every woman should want to be a mother... :/

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The mushroom stripped away everything physical and tangible and I saw the truth the truth
Man! I now completely understand at a core level. :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never done drugs, but I do think population control could be stimulated by doing away with that insidious idea that every woman should want to be a mother... :/

Hear hear!

Lark

i guess the title needs some explaining :D

Terence McKenna in this talk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWoHLcHC0oM talked about how people could get answers from psychedelics and how someone asked from him "why dont you just ask the mushroom how to save the world?", and he did.

Mushroom said to him that no woman should have no more than one natural child. First he was quite baffled by the answer, but he thought it through and its not hard to realize that the main reason for the problems in the world is overpopulation. So he calculated that if women wouldnt have no more than one natural child(ofc they could adopt), the population would go down to bit more than one billion in 150 years. Which would be quite optimal for this planet.

What do you guys think about the idea of people making only one child or about asking questions from the unconscious of oneself via psychedelic substances?

Ps. quite many cultures have used psychedelics as guides/teachers for centuries, so this isnt some new age wacko idea

Yeah, I think that Malthus was tripping too.

Its a bullshit assessment of world problems.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've already had this idea while sober. I wonder what kind of idea would I with come up with these mushrooms.
Chances are I'd want to take ''population control'' to another level. :dalek: