• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Six Facts Plainly Revealed in The Gospel

Lark

Well man.. FWIW, even though I have a lot of disagreements with you, and we don't exactly get along (just being honest), I respect that you at least argue your points and try to participate in discussion. That's why I suspect Spurgeon is a troll. His level of dismisiveness and deflection is unrealistic. I've never seen anything like it at least. There are intolerant people in the world, but he seems like a parody of intolerance.

And the second thing that makes me confused is... Why here? Typology Central. Suddenly this of all places is some battleground to wage holy war against? He couldn't have gone to a forum that truly revels in "depravity"? He could have chosen a website devoted to "piss fetishists" or some racist forum. But he chose a psychology website? This makes no sense to me.

I do think this is phony, I also have begun to rethink a lot of other threads too when I think about it. There's a couple of them that I suspect right away of being invented as pretext to just messing with people.

The second part, there's other TypoC members I have on ignore, I suspect some of them would create threads to try and bait people into discussions with them. Its part of the reason I have them on ignore in the first place. I suspect that some of them could or would create an account like this. There are, yes, other forums and sources of contact on the web which I've had with people who've turned out to be jerks and I ignore them too, either because the forums in question afford that function or just the old fashioned way of not reading anything they post. There ARE some of them who're obsessive or weird types and I'd not be surprised if they followed me here because I use the same username and discuss the same topics in the same way here as elsewhere. That's a possibility too.

If you mean in general why they'd choose here, if they're a randomer and not a troll and not seeking to try and bait any particular members, well, maybe in a search engine this site just came up?

Lark

The ice giants wouldn't dare! Odin, Vili and Vé slayed their progenitor, Ymir, and all the frost giants except Bergelmir and his wife drowned in the flood of Ymir's blood!

No, when Ragnarok comes the fire giants, led by Surtr the black one, will do battle with the gods.

I could be mistaken since I base my knowledge on a book called The Compleat Enchanter which featured someone travelling to that reality, fantastic book but wouldnt vouch for its accuracy in terms of relating norse myths.

Lark

Yep. Definite troll (successfully, I guess.. since I'm here replying, aren't I? Exactly what you want).

If you're connected with God, then ask God about me. He'll tell you a funny story. I'm not a storyteller though.

That said, you are a troll. You're not going to try one bit at understanding anything. That's not your goal. More than likely, you will churn out another dismissive and deflective statement, meant to antagonize. I just hope you finally take the mask off and let us in on the joke soon. Don't carry on the act for too long, y'know? It's no fun if we don't get the big "reveal" and climactic ending.

I think you're right you know, its also made me rethink A LOT of threads, I wonder how many get created in order particular members to mess with other members?

That's pretty cruel and silly, and when I think about it accounts for a lot of the interaction online that I know about.

Beorn

Permabanned
Very good summation of what's perhaps the central point.

I think Jesus was pretty clear about that and that each individual would by their who decisions and deeds experience the good life and a good afterlife, I think on this point Rob Bell has been the closest to the mark of the protestant authorities I've been acquainted with.

I'm not quite sure where you get the idea that people experience the good afterlife by their own deeds. Yes, theoretically that's possible, but the reality is that God's law is an incredibly high standard. Jesus calls us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Any second you're not doing that you are doing the most evil of deeds by not giving God his due. Moreover, the ability of human's to do good is extremely limited. I've been examining myself for decades and I'm still amazed everyday at my ability to have evil motivations behind Ostensibly good deeds.

Besides, the whole point of the rich young ruler passage that was originally quoted is that even a evil rich man with all sorts of evil deeds and omissions of good deeds can be saved by God, because God does the impossible where people are weak and incapable.

Last edited:

Lark

I'm not quite sure where you get the idea that people experience the good afterlife by their own deeds. Yes, theoretically that's possible, but the reality is that God's law is an incredibly high standard. Jesus calls us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Any second you're not doing that you are doing the most evil of deeds by not giving God his due. Moreover, the ability of human's to do good is extremely limited. I've been examining myself for decades and I'm still amazed everyday at my ability to have evil motivations behind Ostensibly good deeds.

Besides, the whole point of the rich young ruler passage that was originally quoted is that even a evil rich man with all sorts of evil deeds and omissions of good deeds can be saved by God, because God does the impossible where people are weak and incapable.

We disagree.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. Definite troll (successfully, I guess.. since I'm here replying, aren't I? Exactly what you want).

If you're connected with God, then ask God about me. He'll tell you a funny story. I'm not a storyteller though.

That said, you are a troll. You're not going to try one bit at understanding anything. That's not your goal. More than likely, you will churn out another dismissive and deflective statement, meant to antagonize. I just hope you finally take the mask off and let us in on the joke soon. Don't carry on the act for too long, y'know? It's no fun if we don't get the big "reveal" and climactic ending.

Spurgeon: "Kdude! I am your father!!!"
Kdude: "NooOOoOooOOOOooOOO!!!!! That's imPOSSSible!"
Spurgeon: "And now my Lord and Master Jesus goes to prepare a place for us at the table of the Sith!"
Kdude: "Wow now that's a twist."

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" Any second you're not doing that you are doing the most evil of deeds by not giving God his due.

He's kind of a petty, insecure narcissitic dick in that way, isn't He? Like, *extreme* Histrionic disorder, or one of those kids on "My Super Sweet 16" except his Super Sweet 16 encompasses all of time. You'd think, being perfect and all-powerful and stuff, he could handle people doing their own thing every once in a while without feeling the need to have them, you know, tortured for all time.

Lark

Why did jesus die and rise from the dead?

He rose from the dead because he was the son of God but at the same time one with God, as part of the holy trinity he couldnt be killed. He was/is immortal.

He was killed because, as the prophesised by the old testament his life and ministry had confounded and challenged enough people to make him a target. As in the parable of the servants in the Vineyard, its the best description of what was going to happen, also why the Son was sent.

A

A window to the soul

He rose from the dead because he was the son of God but at the same time one with God, as part of the holy trinity he couldnt be killed. He was/is immortal.

He was killed because, as the prophesised by the old testament his life and ministry had confounded and challenged enough people to make him a target. As in the parable of the servants in the Vineyard, its the best description of what was going to happen, also why the Son was sent.

No cigar.

Beorn

Permabanned
He's kind of a petty, insecure narcissitic dick in that way, isn't He? Like, *extreme* Histrionic disorder, or one of those kids on "My Super Sweet 16" except his Super Sweet 16 encompasses all of time. You'd think, being perfect and all-powerful and stuff, he could handle people doing their own thing every once in a while without feeling the need to have them, you know, tortured for all time.

No he's not petty and narcistic for three important reasons:

1. He is the greatest and most important being in the universe and does by his very nature deserve the highest honor and glory.
2. He by his common grace suffers millions of people to live and enjoy life that do not give him his due,
3. He by his special grace sacrificed his own son so that he could completely forgive his children for not giving him his due.

Lark

This is why I dont and cant accept that version of God, a lot of these ideas, the fact that they are current and have currency for most people as THE christian message makes it less and less surprising to me that people have become atheistic at a rate of knots.

Beorn

Permabanned

Yes, but WHY?

What did he accomplish on the cross? Anything?

Lark

No he's not petty and narcistic for two important reasons:

1. He is the greatest and most important being in the universe and does by his very nature deserve the highest honor and glory.
2. He by his common grace suffers millions of people to live and enjoy life that do not give him his due,
3. He by his special grace sacrificed his own son so that he could completely forgive his children for not giving him his due.

This version of God, who suffers millions to live. Its not my God. Its as simple as that. I cant even say that its a different interpretation or anything like that because its just so, so different to my reckoning and reading of world religions, first among those being Christianity in my tradition.

It sounds much more like Zeus or one of the Greek deities.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have the perfect explanation for the death of Jesus right here. My sharp Ti approved the logic behind it. Sadly, it is in Spanish.
402736_334291586612170_205015579539772_868996_1308541055_n.jpg

Beorn

Permabanned
This version of God, who suffers millions to live. Its not my God. Its as simple as that. I cant even say that its a different interpretation or anything like that because its just so, so different to my reckoning and reading of world religions, first among those being Christianity in my tradition.

It sounds much more like Zeus or one of the Greek deities.

What inclines you to such a high view of human ability or low view of God's demands?

KDude

Yes, but WHY?

What did he accomplish on the cross? Anything?

Personally, what I find more profound is that he willingly went on the cross in the first place. There is the salvation message that emphasizes the act as cosmic and sacrificial and providing atonement in some mysterious way, but I wish people would talk about how much he demonstrates here in a down to earth way. It's something I find much more difficult to do than simply believe.

The Last Supper speech...the last message he wanted to pound into his disciples' heads... is that they must each be servants to each other. That that was how they would truly be his followers. He didn't say just believe in him. He wanted them to be "excellent to each other". Oh wait, that was Bill and Ted.... nevermind.