• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Six Facts Plainly Revealed in The Gospel

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a declaration of truth.

I don't gain anything by posting it.

However, I gain everything by believing it.

I'm surprised no one picked up on this so I will. Yes, it is clear your self-esteem comes from here good for you. The problem is your worldview is made up in such a way that it quashes the value of other people in and of themselves. I hope you find a path to true spiritual fulfillment where you can grow to love, respect, and value others and yourself at the same time. Before you tell me how much you love me, let me tell you something about love. It is a two way street and your actions clearly are not making anyone feel loved here. Perhaps you should go seek out counsel with your god and ask him how YOU can grow and change to spread that message of love more effectively if that sincerely is your wish.

KDude

If your faith is in Jesus Christ, then you can say you believe in God.

If not, then you do not believe in God.

And if you are aware that you are a sinner, then believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.

I believe in Jesus. I don't believe in your Jesus though. I would not want to die.. get to heaven.. and then meet you, incessantly telling me how I don't believe in anything. For Eternity. :holy:

Even if God himself could tell you what I believe, you'd still be insolent to other people, as if your some special little creature, given the job of overseeing everyone else.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I'm surprised no one picked up on this so I will. Yes, it is clear your self-esteem comes from here good for you. The problem is your worldview is made up in such a way that it quashes the value of other people in and of themselves. I hope you find a path to true spiritual fulfillment where you can grow to love, respect, and value others and yourself at the same time. Before you tell me how much you love me, let me tell you something about love. It is a two way street and your actions clearly are not making anyone feel loved here. Perhaps you should go seek out counsel with your god and ask him how YOU can grow and change to spread that message of love more effectively if that sincerely is your wish.

I can assure you that believing I'm a totally depraved sinner in need of a Savior does not promote any shred of self-esteem.

However, the rejection of the Son of God, and the setting up of oneself as ones own God surely manifests self-esteem--the kind that God utterly despises and will either atone for or severly punish.

As it is written:

Proverbs 3:33-35
The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked,
But He blesses the home of the just.
Surely He scorns the scornful,
But gives grace to the humble.
The wise shall inherit glory,
But shame shall be the legacy of fools.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I believe in Jesus. I don't believe in your Jesus though. I would not want to die.. get to heaven.. and then meet you, incessantly telling me how I don't believe in anything. For Eternity. :holy:

Even if God himself could tell you what I believe, you'd still be insolent to other people, as if your some special little creature, given the job of overseeing everyone else.

The question is, do you believe in the Jesus revealed in Holy Scripture, or in a "Jesus" of your own imagination?

If it's the first, then you are saved. If the second, the wrath of God abides on you.

For:
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
John 3:36

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Not a troll.

No.

And if you are wise you will take this thread as a sign.

I urge you, in the name of Christ, don't perish with those who mock God.

Return to the Father through Jesus Christ his Son, and your backsliding will be healed.

For, as it is written:

“Return, you backsliding children,
And I will heal your backslidings.”

Jeremiah 3:22-23

R

ReflecTcelfeR

My sins were laid on Christ and perfectly atoned for by Him, so they can not and will not be held against me by God.

Nevertheless, the sin He atoned for is presently in me and committed by me.

I never have understood how people can be held responsible for someone else and their action when we were all dead. Is the sin within you still harmful? But does that really even matter? You've been atoned. Why not remove the sin? It can't be fighting against you since it's power has been removed and even if you sin again it's not like that really matters either because you believe in him. Do you believe you have the power to do what you please through this logic?

KDude

The question is, do you believe in the Jesus revealed in Holy Scripture, or in a "Jesus" of your own imagination?

If it's the first, then you are saved. If the second, the wrath of God abides on you.

For:

Now you want to ask questions? lol. It doesn't matter what answer I give you now. You've already categorized everyone. Good luck with that.

Lark

Right, deeds are judged, not beliefs. It's a matter of whether we are judged by our own deeds or the deeds of Christ.

Very good summation of what's perhaps the central point.

I think Jesus was pretty clear about that and that each individual would by their who decisions and deeds experience the good life and a good afterlife, I think on this point Rob Bell has been the closest to the mark of the protestant authorities I've been acquainted with.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Rob Bell has been the closest to the mark of the protestant authorities I've been acquainted with.

You are thoroughly deceived.

I mean this in all sincerity:

May God have mercy on your soul.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I never have understood how people can be held responsible for someone else and their action when we were all dead. Is the sin within you still harmful? But does that really even matter? You've been atoned. Why not remove the sin? It can't be fighting against you since it's power has been removed and even if you sin again it's not like that really matters either because you believe in him. Do you believe you have the power to do what you please through this logic?

Read the Scriptures.

The answers are there.

Lark

The Holy Spirit recorded numerous examples of faith in the Bible. (Abraham, Moses, David, Abigail, Rahab, The Centurion, The woman with the issue of blood, The Apostles, etc.)

I suggest you read the Bible if you want to know what God requires of his people.

I have read it, a lot of times, have you read Maccabees? Or James? Or just the summaries like the one you began the thread with? You'd be surprised the extent to which you text does not support what you appear to be posting about, that is if we could be clear about what it is you're saying, it all seems so, so vague.

I was asking about you when I said what does that look like because it seemed very obscure and diversionary, lacking in concrete or practical illustration or example, you've followed it up with someone similar too. Perhaps the other poster who suggested that you're insincere and perhaps one of the other posters on the forum posting what they believe IS a sincere evangelical protestant as a stunt is correct.

In which case that's not clever, its not smart, when you're eventually found out or reveal yourself it wont be to any sort of applause, as you no doubt imagine.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
tumblr_lp7xl1fMEt1qmxj99o1_500.jpg

Lark

You are thoroughly deceived.

I mean this in all sincerity:

May God have mercy on your soul.

Again your post lacks clarity but maintains the "poor you" condescention which I dislike. Although give it time and I'll suss out who you are because your posts WILL resemble those which you do post as your other personas.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I have read it, a lot of times, have you read Maccabees? Or James? Or just the summaries like the one you began the thread with? You'd be surprised the extent to which you text does not support what you appear to be posting about, that is if we could be clear about what it is you're saying, it all seems so, so vague.

I was asking about you when I said what does that look like because it seemed very obscure and diversionary, lacking in concrete or practical illustration or example, you've followed it up with someone similar too. Perhaps the other poster who suggested that you're insincere and perhaps one of the other posters on the forum posting what they believe IS a sincere evangelical protestant as a stunt is correct.

In which case that's not clever, its not smart, when you're eventually found out or reveal yourself it wont be to any sort of applause, as you no doubt imagine.

There is nothing vague in the OP, or in anything else I've posted.

I'm not sure what you're asking of me.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Christians will not be judged on judgement day.

That's correct.

But everyone else most certainly will be judged. Thus, the need to inform them of that fact, and point them to the only One who can save them--Jesus Christ.

KDude

Again your post lacks clarity but maintains the "poor you" condescention which I dislike. Although give it time and I'll suss out who you are because your posts WILL resemble those which you do post as your other personas.

I was kind of suspecting ... You/Deja Vu. Has the flippant/dismissive ENTP troll style.