• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Godless Liberals

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://godlessliberals.com/

I love this website because it is hilarious. I mean their symbol is a cowboy riding a trex!

215269_10150148478564780_166108344779_6214576_55.jpg

Also, they have lots of funny pictures like this:

fuck%20the%20poor.jpg

christmas-fsm.jpg

They have a facebook page and plan fun events (in the LA area) like karaoke night celebrating that the rapture DIDN'T happen when that preacher dude said it would.

Also, I should explain the "happy holidays" picture. In it is displayed the flying spaghetti monster wishing you a merry whatever you celebrate

Lark

I wouldnt be oppose to a party celebrating that the rapture didnt happen, I'm a believer and celebrate each day in which things of biblical proportions dont happen, its another day in paradise for all of us. That's if you understand the message.

Another thing about understanding the message, it would be impossible to say "Fuck the poor" and remain Godly, that's absolutely anathema to the Christian God at least, also I would suggest the God of hebrew scriptures, possible even other deities and creedos, I'm not familiar with them all. It seems to be contrary to a basically spiritual and conviction based outlook on life or politics. I personally dont believe that suggestion that it all corresponds to poverty in a spiritual or mere cultural sense and has no baring upon material welfare is bogus.

I also dont understand why being either godless or liberal would necessary mean you give a damn about the poor, classical liberals dont, neo-liberals dont and those who're labelled liberals between those two poles I'm unsure are liberals at all but just show a little commonsense about capitalist ideology and the economy.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think this is more of an american thing reacting against tea baggers in the states and the bigotry that often fuels them/the religious right particularly in the south.

Lark

I think this is more of an american thing reacting against tea baggers in the states and the bigotry that often fuels them/the religious right particularly in the south.

Yeah, I hate those divisions, there's their equivalent here, like you cant find a party which is culturally conservative but which isnt fiscally capitalist, no matter how contradictory the pairing of those things seems to me.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It makes perfect sense. It's a sad mating strategy where low status males do what the higher ups tell them to do on the small chance they'll be rewarded with on of the captured slave girls once the beseiged city is sacked or like guys who participate in "trains" lol.

Lark

It makes perfect sense. It's a sad mating strategy where low status males do what the higher ups tell them to do on the small chance they'll be rewarded with on of the captured slave girls once the beseiged city is sacked or like guys who participate in "trains" lol.

Yeah but what I understand as cultural conservatism is not and can not be capitalist, it may not be uncapitalist or anticapitalist but it wont ever be procapitalist in the way that fiscal conservatism is. Properly understood I would say that capitalism and class struggles are not things which conservatives would foster.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4042.jpg

Anyone have read it? I read some excerpt and it's ... hem ... WOW!

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Imo it's a remnant from the days of empire amongst other things. As long as I get land after 20 years in the legion and my portion of the spoils of war IDGAF about the tribes I have to slaughter to get it. They're not one of us. It is ok for the emperor to have more than me because God/the gods have blessed him. Etc etc.

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] that's where they got the idea for their name from. It was meant with much mockulation