• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it okay for me to worry about......

Illmatic

being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger? Such feminine shit to worry and get angry about and I feel this anger for these reasons. It makes me even more angry that they are such stupid reasons. My face is starting to wrinkle and my baby face looks disappearing. My motivation sucks and I'm doing really crap in school a course I paid some big money to. Haven't even kissed a girl. The girls I like I doubt they ever liked or would like me....All the while people are dying from hunger and starvation.

All I got is a house and clothes over my back. Got no talent. I can't do the shit I want. I wanna work out but that stuff takes ages to build your body. I feel like just popping Valiums and smoking weed.

This may come off as sympathy seeking but I needed a place to vent.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
your use of the word feminine is interesting (in addition to incorrect).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it OK for me to worry about . . . being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger?
Only if what you are complaining about gets in the way of your helping the poor and the hungry.

Start helping someone else, and you not only will dwell less on your own worries, but will also feel better about yourself.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I agree that getting involved with helping people or animals will make you feel better. It can be paralyzing to feel a low self-esteem and it can also result from chemical imbalances of depression. I don't think the fact that people are starving makes other personal pain irrelevant. I think it is important to address whatever your own issues are with a sense of respect for whatever difficulties you face as an individual, but then to try to get your focus off of self. When people get too fixated on self (whether through low self-esteem or arrogance) it makes it hard to be healthy, happy, and make progress.

As far as looks and strength are concerned, consider this: eventually every person loses their attractiveness and their strength if they live long enough. People who start off beautiful and strong and form their self concept around those traits can end up with a harder time dealing with the loss of those traits. Those externals are some of the most impermanent qualities a person can posses which in the end makes them less important.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what are you doing to change your situation? are you just sitting around and moping about things, or are you actually trying to figure out how to better your situation? :huh: you obviously realize that it's a problem, but are you going to take the next step and actually be willing to deal with the consequences and effort of snapping out of it? :thinking:

... and yeah, I'll agree with randomnity about your usage of the word feminine :doh:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He feels powerless whatever. (By the way do you get notifications whenever anyone uses that word?)

To OP stop beating yourself up. The more you think like this the more you'll sabotage yourself. You need to realize you deserve to be happy too

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He feels powerless whatever. (By the way do you get notifications whenever anyone uses that word?)

To OP stop beating yourself up. The more you think like this the more you'll sabotage yourself. You need to realize you deserve to be happy too

nah... can't even vanity search my username on here :laugh:

I was actually suggesting the type of steps and questions that are suggested to addicts who feel hopeless, only leaving out the religion part... can't see why it wouldn't work on feeling hopelessly addicted to navel gazing either :thinking: sometimes even asking yourself questions can make you start to ponder changing and HOW to make it happen :)

Illmatic

I feel like a bitch worrying about height, looks, strength and all that but I just can't stop.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use to volunteer at east bay aids project in oakland, than i volunteered at lichterman nature center feeding animals and cleaning in memphis i'll probably go back to lichterman unless i get the job at the bakery. it did help, believe me, if it was nothing more than having interaction with others.

G

garbage

I use to volunteer at east bay aids project in oakland, than i volunteered at lichterman nature center feeding animals and cleaning in memphis i'll probably go back to lichterman unless i get the job at the bakery. it did help, believe me, if it was nothing more than having interaction with others.

Yeah, this. And what everyone else has said. There's nothing like digging in the dirt and volunteering side by side with other people for good causes to forget about existential crises; out of those comes a great sense of self-satisfaction.

It's harder than it sounds to get started--there's inertia, having to find opportunities, etc.--but once the momentum is there, it's absolutely fantastic.

It's completely okay--and quite natural--to worry about the sorts of problems you describe. Their "solution" seems a bit odd and tangential because it's not self-directed, but it sure is effective.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger? Such feminine shit to worry and get angry about and I feel this anger for these reasons. It makes me even more angry that they are such stupid reasons. My face is starting to wrinkle and my baby face looks disappearing. My motivation sucks and I'm doing really crap in school a course I paid some big money to. Haven't even kissed a girl. The girls I like I doubt they ever liked or would like me....All the while people are dying from hunger and starvation.

All I got is a house and clothes over my back. Got no talent. I can't do the shit I want. I wanna work out but that stuff takes ages to build your body. I feel like just popping Valiums and smoking weed.

You could be fantistically good looking, strong and rich and still be sad. Depression does not discriminate (though it does have a higher prevelance amoung certain groups). I echo what others have said because it will help break a cycle, also you may meet people who you can relate to, and it is likely they will have a not so terrible opinion of you as you do yourself. :hug:

Illmatic

I wanna talk to my friends about this but it sounds so stupid.

'Hey man I'm depressed because I'm ugly and weak as fuck'.

Although I'm pretty sure that if I was good looking I would be a bit happy. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I can get the girl I want with my personality I know from experience that the better looking better socializing one will always always prevail. No ifs ands or buts for real.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I wanna talk to my friends about this but it sounds so stupid.

'Hey man I'm depressed because I'm ugly and weak as fuck'.

Although I'm pretty sure that if I was good looking I would be a bit happy. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I can get the girl I want with my personality I know from experience that the better looking better socializing one will always always prevail. No ifs ands or buts for real.

Oh my god. Dude if you want some advice, then stop feeling sorry for yourself. Self pity, whining, and loathing won't get you jack shit, and although venting about it can help you feel better, it's still not going to alliviate your problems. Get off your ass and; exercise more it'll help build self-esteem and stengthen your body (and it doesn't take that long either, even after a few months you should notice results); study harder and get good grades at school, it'll benefit you in the long run; find some hobbies and practice them, so that you can get good at something; date girls and attempt to befriend other girls, if you try you'll find someone sooner or later (you probably aren't that unattractive, and I garuntee you, there are girls with low standards out there). DON"T pop valiums and smoke weed all day. DON"T bitch about your life's woes, all of which are your fault for not doing anything about them. Stop being apathetic, pull yourself together, and get a life.