• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mo' money, Mo' problems?

Lark

Apparently more relative wealth makes you happier up to a point and then it sort of plateaus. I don't see any evidence that it ever actually hurts to have more money.

I think that's bullshit, it depends upon the attitude to money and more money in my opinion.

In studies of the ratio of wealth to happiness they discovered that there isnt a correlation between more money and more happiness unless at the outset there were predetermining opinions about wealth which became a sort of frame of reference. So if you thought more money meant more happiness and did not make more money you became unhappy. If you didnt have any opinion about money and happiness you were likely to be happy whether you had more or less. If you believed that less money would mean you were happier it didnt matter wether you had more or less either your happiness wasnt contingent on it.

A pretty good lesson against avarice and greed.

Anyway, in response to the question in general, you can never been too thin, too rich or too well armed. Or so they say.