• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the point?

KDude

how would you fare in a world where 75% were intuitives?
thats the situiation we ake our whole lives with, and its _not_ easy.

imagine instead of in schools you were taught, they would simply demand you to learn everything by yourself from one paragraph, the ideal intuitive school.
where they wouldnt even tell you what to learn, they would simply say, go, learn whatever you want and ill read your thoughts after the year to see what youve learned. (instead of some bs test.)

If it makes you feel better, I dropped out of school. It was already depressing, even if it was "sensor-oriented".

you have nay idea what it does to a person to live in a world which was _not_ made for them to live at?
thats right, you dont, thus you shouldnt criticize what you know not.

Why do you let the world dictate whether you belong or not? How about just telling yourself you belong?

In any case, my point is that there is an enormous amount of bullshit to get depressed about. Child rape, senseless deaths, unemployment, etc.. The usual. "Food" and/or sensors are hardly one of them. That's why I say it's whining. Do you even realize how laughable and "emo" that is? I don't know you, but I think you're better than that.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, it was a bit of a joke.
ok, maybe just half of it.
fine, fourth of it.

or more precisely, an intuitive point of view on sensory enjoyment being utterly boring =)

well, im going with my intuitive enjoyment and you go with sensory, good luck!

but overall point being: intuitives get depressed if we try to find point to life from sensory enjoyment.

i hated eating food for what, 17, 18 years?
until i learned to ignore food by watching documentaries when i eat.
fine, i still hate it but it doesnt make me throw up out of disgust any more.

call that enjoyment... well,you have to make everything into sensory enjoyment when i need an intuitive reason in order to enjoy anything.

if adventures and learning new stuff is boring to you, I feel really sorry for you... the point of seeing and trying out new things is to always be learning... meeting new people, exposure to new ideas- things that you never even thought were possible to exist right in front of your face! Not to mention that, despite the fact that you may enjoy denying it, you're human as well and are just as effected by things like adrenaline rushes and such as anyone else with a nervous system... try denying it, but in doing so you're fighting biology :shrug:

if you're so dead inside that the thrill of new ideas falls flat to you, I'm not sure why you bother getting up in the morning! :)

N

NPcomplete

Ha interesting thread. I hope you feel better these days Antimony. :hug:

There is a point. It's not always explicit specially when you're in a rut but I think it's always there, hiding in plain sight. It's all a matter of perspective.

Sure, we all die at some point but you might as well have fun until that fateful day comes. The point is doing things that make you happy. Things that make your spirit soar, things that make your heart beat a little faster, things that make you want to sing, or however else you like to express happiness. :)

Hehe I feel the need to post this, not only because I agree with [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] 's posts but also because it's one of my "points".

:wub:

PS: I know this post may sound very idealistic (to some), but there are practical ways of doing this. :)

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it makes you feel better, I dropped out of school. It was already depressing, even if it was "sensor-oriented".

Why do you let the world dictate whether you belong or not? How about just telling yourself you belong?

In any case, my point is that there is an enormous amount of bullshit to get depressed about. Child rape, senseless deaths, unemployment, etc.. The usual. "Food" and/or sensors are hardly one of them. That's why I say it's whining. Do you even realize how laughable and "emo" that is? I don't know you, but I think you're better than that.

you misunderstand.
this has nothing to do with belonging.
if only they even spoke same language, then i could say i belong but they dotn do even that, and explaining anything to them.. well, i can always expect them to make super sensoric interpretations of what my actions mean.

most sensors tend to think everyone thinks like them since they are majority.. and that leads to them expecting everything i say to mean something it doesnt, which is why i dont talk about myself at all, but sometimes make the mistake when asked......

and your emo crap being exactly one of those interpretations.
if you lived your _whole_ life in a country where no one speaks your language, and has completely different brains, youd know the pain of being a group specie whose deprived of their nature.

you know what meerkats do when they are boxed?
they scratch the ground and eat their toenails, whats in their head is something psychotic you wouldnt want to know.

why would you expect humans to be any different if deprived of our nature?
i wish i could be depressed, but ive been my whole life and forgot how to feel sad.
thus only physical pain remains.

im not going to explain it, theres far too many things for even myself to comprehend and never think you could without strong intuition.

i can comprehend the pain of humanity, and i can see the cause.
it only makes me wonder, how can our specie be so stupid as to manipulate our whole population through money and competition if its well known they cause more deaths than anything else in our timeline.

but then, its no wonder since our governoments are controlled by manipulators and banks are controlled by psychopaths while money controls us.

and how could our population be too stupid to see these obvious things?
ugh.. child rape and such are little in comparison.

at least there are some people who have noticed these, but why would a manipulated herd want to even hear the truth of their lives?

this mass manipulation stops justice and thus laws become useless when its anyways legal to destroy other peoples health with dangerous chemicals, as long as its airborne and doesnt cause instant death..

its like, our societies have no leadership at all, we are controlled by random people who just decide to control us for their fun.
instead of having one hitler, we have thousands of hitlers controlling us.
(who wont have to speak us to it since we are _already_ at it.)

and try to make a life in this world.

unemployment (as you mentioned.) is one of their planned things for example, it shouldnt exist yet it does cause of money and its greedy controllers.

if i shot to your knee and you said it hurts, i bet you wouldnt call yourself an emo.

if you ate food for 18 years, and you always feel like throwing up, i bet you wouldnt call yourself an emo, since its real pain. 18 years daily torment aint small thing. and it always comes back to you, you always have to eat.

but then, thats what you sensors so readily do, prejudice.
its easy for you to expect everyone to be the same as you whn your kind is the majority.

if adventures and learning new stuff is boring to you, I feel really sorry for you... the point of seeing and trying out new things is to always be learning... meeting new people, exposure to new ideas- things that you never even thought were possible to exist right in front of your face! Not to mention that, despite the fact that you may enjoy denying it, you're human as well and are just as effected by things like adrenaline rushes and such as anyone else with a nervous system... try denying it, but in doing so you're fighting biology :shrug:

if you're so dead inside that the thrill of new ideas falls flat to you, I'm not sure why you bother getting up in the morning! :)

ughhhh..........
dont tell me you think your way is the only way............................

that kind of attitude just kills me......................
<.<
just try learning there are other ways than sensoric views of this existenxe.
i prefer my head over sensorically being somwhere since that way i learn more, OK??

if you see a tree youve never seen before, youre like "oOH wow a NEW thign i never saw!"

but my reaction is: thinks: 'as i would expect, trees have the programming in them to be capable of doing this, after all theyve survived billions of years by doing this cycle.'

see now? intuitive way isnt inferior to sensoric. quite the opposite.
we adventure in our heads, in our imagination, which is limited only by our own capacity which can be increased into massive potential through exercise.
5 senses are limited by outside surroundings, but have the advantage of communication.
and the latter is what i use them for.

i just use my biology differently. i prefer to understand it over blindly using it, everyone their own way.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that you're being intentionally obtuse since EVERYONE is capable of enjoying things enjoyed by other functions and types... go on feeling like you're special :rolleyes:

A

Anew Leaf

I think that you're being intentionally obtuse since EVERYONE is capable of enjoying things enjoyed by other functions and types... go on feeling like you're special :rolleyes:

I'm with whatever on this.

MBTI should be used as a tool for self illumination, not self limitation.

We (the royal we) can do ourselves a disservice if we think that we have to cling to the pureness of a cognitive function because it's our dominant mode of thinking/behaving/etc.

I think T types are better when they learn how to add in a bit of emotion to their thought process, and I think that F types are better when adding some objectivity as well. The same goes for the S/N divide. I know that I live far too much inside of my own head and that I am missing out on some important aspects of my life if I don't make changes. Instead of using my NP status as an excuse (I'm a dreamy head type, I can't help it!!) I like looking at my more present minded friends and seeing if there is something to what they are doing... that I can incorporate in small doses into my own life.

:coffee:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

still no no...
its not an off or on choice.
its a matter of contrast and colour.
and my sensoric activities, singing, voice acting, are heavily coloured by intuition since they require high amounts of those are you to achieve anything more than pleasure.

and note: these heavily sensor dependant activities also happen to be what i live for. while yes, i use more intuition to perform them.

EDIT:
a sensor might thnk its pointless to figure out how your brain cells function in order to self manipulate them (the other choice is enviroment manipulates you.)

while highly intuitive person can see eating as a pointless refueling process, necessary evil.

and keep telling me im capable of enjoying eating when i have severe trauma of it.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ah, is this where the idea for the "you're not special" thread was born? If so, it was certainly appropriate.

To (sort of) answer the OP, I can get in moods where I feel cynical and angry (those are what I turn depression and sadness into), but then I remind myself that I'm being self-absorbed and foolishly short-sighted, and I shame myself into better perspective.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enlighten yourself.

Ecclesiastes

scientifically speaking, modern neuro science has proven this to be wrong.
intelligence can only exist if its slave to something else, and from our perspective, that something is either biological or machine entity.
thus intelligence has meaning, slave of life.

isnt that a Wonderful! purpose? =)

Little_Sticks

Is that the right question?

What's the point - of the point - of the point - of the point - of the point - of the point - of the point - of the point - ...? ...I don't think you really want(ed) to know.