• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pilgrimage?

Lark

Have you ever thought about it? Would you undertake one? For what reason? With whom? With what in mind? And would you think there is a role for pilgrimage in the modern post-religious or secular world?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Would be nice to go visit some amazonian ayahuasca healer or some hindu or buddhist holy men

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm. A hallucinogen experience would probably be more enlightening.
I'm not helping much.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Found out anything interesting?

Yes, so much that its impossible to start posting it, but only can recommend finding out yourself and dig deep(and wide) if you are going to look into it

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you ever thought about it? Would you undertake one? For what reason? With whom? With what in mind? And would you think there is a role for pilgrimage in the modern post-religious or secular world?
Just what do you mean by a pilgrimage: believers going to Fatima, or Mecca, or Stonehenge? I definitely see a place for journeys that teach us about ourselves, our place in the world, all of which for me has a very spiritual foundation. Perhaps I just see the idea of pilgrimage rather broadly.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Omg, yes, in 2007, I had nothing better to do so I went to Stoke-On-Trent, England on a Slash pilgrimage; That was cool, I returned a week later with 6 of my friends and my then on again off again GF, was cool.