• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There is no God

Lark

To be honest I think a better question is what behaviour arises from beliefs and the consequences than what the beliefs are, at least in questions of this nature, at the very least Pascal is more reasonable to me than the whole canon of atheists and confirmed agnostics.

When the balance sheet of secularism/atheism vs. religion is drawn I'm willing to bet that religion has had more positive consequences for the world than its detractors.

KDude

God definitely exists. He's the one who secretly provokes these trillion retarded threads on the internet. Who else could mastermind this?

He might be a troll, I don't know.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God definitely exists. He's the one who secretly provokes these trillion retarded threads on the internet. Who else could mastermind this?

holy shit... redscorpion is god! :shock:

dammit... I think I pissed him off... I'd better get some high spf sunscreen to wear in hell :blush:

KDude

holy shit... redscorpion is god! :shock:

dammit... I think I pissed him off... I'd better get some high spf sunscreen to wear in hell :blush:

Who's redscorpion? Sounds intriguing.

I googled it and got a Dolph Lundgren movie. As much as I like him, I don't think he's God.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who's redscorpion? Sounds intriguing.

I googled it and got a Dolph Lundgren movie. As much as I like him, I don't think he's God.

he was the first banned troll I could think of off the top of my head... he seemed to hate women :laugh:

you SAID trolls :ninja:

I think I like Dolph better than redscorpion :yes:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The two rules of atheism:

1. There is no God.

2. You hate him.

I thought it was

1) You do not talk about atheism

and

2) YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT ATHEISM!!

I've screwed this up totally :(

A

A window to the soul

Swordpath is a closet ENTP.

LEGERdeMAIN

See to be honest, I'm interesting in honest exchanges with anyone who is interested in spirituality and philosophy without being a believer in one or another thing I profess to believe in but when points like this are made is gives me doubts its such a good mindset to have.

Stretching your argument to absurdity and projecting absurdity onto others isnt a great way to engage in real dialogue.

How was I stretching the argument to absurdity?

Usehername

On a mission

Why are you interested in talking about god?

FTR, I'm an advocate on shedding the god of thy parentage and childhood churchage and searching on one's own. Religion is a big mess of people searching. For Christianity specifically, that's why the bible has so many different genres and authors compiled into one place--there are many kinds of searches that resonate with different people at different stages and places in life.

The mandates of religion come from a fear-based worldview, but the most scared people are drowning out the ones who are peacefully content. There's no rule that says you can't be an informed, atheist-friendly, agnostic-leaning, faith-choosing individual who disagrees with a lot of the church.

There are millions of people like that who choose to live in their idea of faith. They just don't craft Rick Perry campaign messages because they're not fear-based.

Mole

Permabanned
The Father Fixation

There is almost no doubt you and I have fathers.

And it is extremely unlikely that the universe has a father. Yet we continually refer to God the father, the creator of the universe.

They tell me that just as a watch has a watch maker, the universe has a universe maker. And so just as we have fathers, the universe has a father too.

And let's face reality, we won't elect anyone to the Presidency unless they are a father.

So it is plain we have a father fixation, just as Carl Jung had a father fixation.

And guess what - Carl is our guru.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're right. We do have a Father Fixation. But isn't it usually between us and the external world this it manifests itself? Like we want Our Father to protect us. Protect us from the unknown Universe. Protect us from hostile countries. Protect us from the boogeyman.

Perhaps we have a Mother Fixation too. Maybe it just doesn't show. Maybe we carry Mother inside us, to protect us there.

Father = extraversion
Mother = introversion.

Mole

Permabanned
The Mother of God

You're right. We do have a Father Fixation. But isn't it usually between us and the external world this it manifests itself? Like we want Our Father to protect us. Protect us from the unknown Universe. Protect us from hostile countries. Protect us from the boogeyman.

Perhaps we have a Mother Fixation too. Maybe it just doesn't show. Maybe we carry Mother inside us, to protect us there.

Father = extraversion
Mother = introversion.

Yes, Mary is the Mother of God. Mary intercedes with her Son for us.

So Mary, the Mother of God, is described as our Mother too.

And in Mary's relationship with her Son, Mary is described as Co-Redemptrix.

And being the Mother of God, Mary is the Immaculate Conception. Yes, it is Mary, not Jesus, who is the Immaculate Conception.

So God is the creator of the universe and Mary is His Mother.