• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

time and god

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
without time, nothing changes. not a single thing, therefore any possible god is actually an imposer created by the time itself who has delusions of infinite powers, in a distant universe, dimensions and google light years away.

time, is the ultimate creator as far as im concerned, my intuition hasnt seen a reason to impose god image of itself on me.

time has not created super sentient power obsessed beings in this plane yet as far as im concerned, if humans are excluded?

or, maybe time is an illusion set on us by Si, as then we are unable to comprehend a reality without beginning nor end. thus, intuition creates images of reality which please us for to be not overwhelmed.
(different material change rates causal due speed, density or other physics are not qualified as definition for time, those are simply subjective changes according to universal laws.)

any different PoV's?

oh, and im recovering from some anti Si disorder, so practically reawakening into life where time exists. (constancy is kind of annoying, since what is months for others you are without contact to, is only.. literally nothing for you, as if it was just same day all life long. does this disorder have a name? not borderline, since i had total annihilation of the feeling of time. or maybe it was borderline, hard to say.. feel like there is a gap in my memory there. could have well been narcissistic personality disorder, since considering my looks. ok joke, not really caring anymore for others admiration THAT much! ^,.^ can remember more from time i were 6 than of 2011. disturbing not?)

well, ok, your takes on what time is and how you view it?
and oh, yes i believe in quantity over quality when it comes to imagination, for that allows sustainable development without psychological burden.
erhm, now im going to gallop in my tiny 20 square meter apartment.
just joking! i already did =)
really ^_^
i mean it. (yes, i did!) =D
its no wonder why astronauts gallop on moon, this indeed is very efficient form of mobility!
maybe i should join 100 meter sprint as a galloper? =)
ow hold on, went off topic already! >.<

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Its not that without time there is no change, but without change there is no time.

Time doesent do anything by itself, actually what time is in its fundamental level is movement in comparison to something else. Its just how far something moves(change is movement) compared to other movement. Human perception of time is the neural networks developing(this development is also movement in its fundamental level) compared to movement in external world, which is perceived consciously, naturally this neural network partially grows through consciousness.

Imo god is not time, but is our unconscious mind(and image of god is a projection of it). Now this development of neural networks is your unconscious mind growing.

So in conclusion, time grows "god", but is not god.

R

Riva

time, is the ultimate creator as far as im concerned

You haven't read about Albert Einstein have you?

It shocked me the 1st time I read about the theory of relativity.

Ps - I have a hunch this is going to be a NT thread.

A

A window to the soul

Ps - I have a hunch this is going to be a NT thread.
I don't know about that. I need an INFP interpreter to translate the original post. Maybe when [MENTION=8697]Ponyboy[/MENTION] gets back from the stangfest and radiator repairs tonight, he'll stop by.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not sure I can be of service here. I have absolutely no idea what OP is talking about. Looks like just a bunch of words sorta strung together to me. Maybe its a Finnish thing?
(I really wanted to post the video from Billy Madison but I'm sure OP knows what he means and the video seemed a bit insulting)

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mh i suppose time means for others a different thing as i consider it the chnge itself, not how something changes at a different rate due to physics.
and while my definition for god is different than for most, as i have alwasays had connection to my subconsiousness so its no weird science to me.
(last night, my right brain slept but left was awake, was SUPER werid! O_O)
i could hardly comprehend anything, so i built a mountain of words.. really, just blackness and a mountain of.. words. weird.
for some time now, i have been excercising controlling different parts of brain independently from other parts. thus, i am able to process matters when i sleep as if that one part in me was awake!

im confused, what part you dont understand im saying? =S

"Time doesent do anything by itself, actually what time is in its fundamental level is movement in comparison to something else."
if there is an infinity, where once is moment where only infinity itself exists, nithing else to compare to, thud you say time is gone, and so is change? i kind of consider them the two and same thing.
while i agree with subjective perceptiomn´n of time being due the neural network creating a sense of consciousness, but im talking of from the very realitys perspective. how reality, something which exists everyhwere we know, perceives time.
like my theory how black holes perceive time: change appears to halt in them, but from their perspective things start moving super quick, possibly even leaping into future, but tor them, they dont exist long at all. the reality just is super fast moving, they only experienced time when change occured during their formation and disformation, assemblation i mean.

oh, and my definition of "god": some level of intelligence controlling creation before other intelligences with the same ability appeared, and which also has the sole control of it before them.
not that i see it any necessary for intelligence to exist for creation to happen. but some do.

if there is reality which appeared out of nowhere, betwiin point a and point b is infinite time, thus this reality never gets into point of creation, if poit b is necessary for creation to occur.

"You haven't read about Albert Einstein have you?" um.. i hate reading, unless it has a) hopping boards for me to imagine something else/discover new original ideas from turning my brains on first by something else and interpret in my own imagination, so it would work as something which aids my imagination or other processes in my brains to develop further.
or .. well, emotions in the reading is also which makes it enjoyable.

i do love knowledge, just not all of it =3 (only ones which allow me to develop further by some way, as i wont wish to flood my Si with useless stuff while i could learn wisdom. example, i can theorize how i can enjoy socialization more, and create new aspects to it this way.)

ewomack

Time is weird, but obviously fascinating. Humans seem to experience the world as a series of temporal events one coming after another. But there's no guarantee that that's how the universe/multiverse/whatever actually works, as much as how it appears so to us. We may simply be creatures that experience and exist in it in that particular way. Maybe that's why infinity confounds us so much? But regardless of how everything actually works (which we may or may not ever know), humans need to live in multiple dimensions of time to function - if the past were obliterated moment after moment, or at least our memory of it were obliterated, we couldn't support many things that make us human such as identity, continuity, knowledge, etc. So we're definitely embedded and trapped in time given our current definition of "human." We also need some notion of a future that we live in abstractly for the same reasons. But we don't really seem to know what time is. We really don't have a clue about much of the "big picture," really. But that can makes things fun.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Time doesent do anything by itself, actually what time is in its fundamental level is movement in comparison to something else."
if there is an infinity, where once is moment where only infinity itself exists, nithing else to compare to, thud you say time is gone, and so is change? i kind of consider them the two and same thing.
while i agree with subjective perceptiomn´n of time being due the neural network creating a sense of consciousness, but im talking of from the very realitys perspective. how reality, something which exists everyhwere we know, perceives time.
like my theory how black holes perceive time: change appears to halt in them, but from their perspective things start moving super quick, possibly even leaping into future, but tor them, they dont exist long at all. the reality just is super fast moving, they only experienced time when change occured during their formation and disformation, assemblation i mean.

Öö, siis jos koko universumissa ei olis muuta kun yks partikkeli? Vai et jos ei olis mitään?

Jos on vaan yks partikkeli, niin ei se voi liikkua, kun ei ole mitään mihin suhteessa se liikkuis(eikä mitään mikä liikuttais sitä), ei myöskään ole mitään mikä siihen vaikuttais, joten ei se voi muttua -> ei ole aikaa.

Tolla loputtomuudella ilmeisesti meinasit avaruutta? Ei avaruus ole vaan tyhjyyttä, siellä on vaan vähän tavaraa suhteessa tilaan.

Wiki sanoo: "However, even the deep vacuum of intergalactic space is not devoid of matter, as it contains a few hydrogen atoms per cubic meter."

Jos ottasit kaiken materian(myös antimaterian, mustan aineen yms) pois avaruudesta, sen tilakin pienenis, luultavammin katoais kokonaan. Et tollanen loputon tila ilman että siel ois mitään on aikamoinen mahdottomuus.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Öö, siis jos koko universumissa ei olis muuta kun yks partikkeli? Vai et jos ei olis mitään?

Jos on vaan yks partikkeli, niin ei se voi liikkua, kun ei ole mitään mihin suhteessa se liikkuis(eikä mitään mikä liikuttais sitä), ei myöskään ole mitään mikä siihen vaikuttais, joten ei se voi muttua -> ei ole aikaa.

Tolla loputtomuudella ilmeisesti meinasit avaruutta? Ei avaruus ole vaan tyhjyyttä, siellä on vaan vähän tavaraa suhteessa tilaan.

Wiki sanoo: "However, even the deep vacuum of intergalactic space is not devoid of matter, as it contains a few hydrogen atoms per cubic meter."

Jos ottasit kaiken materian(myös antimaterian, mustan aineen yms) pois avaruudesta, sen tilakin pienenis, luultavammin katoais kokonaan. Et tollanen loputon tila ilman että siel ois mitään on aikamoinen mahdottomuus.

didnt mean it materialistically, if there is an infinity, in every direction, then it simply is and will take all possible forms, and at some point the nonexistence would occur due to infinite attempts of rearranging itself. if there is total nonexistence, how could it ever return back?

and eh, english is actually my primary language, although do understand you.

consider existence as infinite random creation, the particles would change their values and forms, possibly even into a whole different base structure.

universe itself seems only a tiny particle of something much larger and constant.
after all, how else but with infinite creation could you explain something self conscious to rise from such randomness? as everything simply is right.