• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe a good person

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good person means well and does little harm to others. If they do some harm, they feel guilt and regret and try to make things right. Selfishness is kept to a minimum and tolerance is practiced.

I haven't thoroughly read every single one of the responses in here, but I have to say this one stood out, and strikes a chord with what I have in mind when I think of a 'good person'.

When I think of a 'good person', I don't have a list of characteristics in mind. All that comes to my mind is someone with a good, pure heart. I guess what I mean by that is open to your interpretation, but Gen's definition comes fairly close to it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
And after adding them all up, this forum holds the following values in the highest regards...

Honesty
Altruism/Generosity
Humor
Independence/Responsibility
Kindness/Compassion/Empathy
Morality/Ethics/Fairness
Openness/Tolerance
Critical Thinking (The ability to question oneself and others)
Philosophy (The search for knowledge and truth)
Not having all those things does not necessarily make you a bad person, but for me, you at least need to try to have the bolded qualities to be a good person. As for the other qualities, you don't need them to be a good person and having them doesn't make you a good person, but they make you an interesting person.

I believe in good and evil and I think that a person becomes what they habitually do. Plus, your actions come from what is in your heart. If your actions are consistently selfish or malicious, chances are that you are a selfish or malicious person. Malice is evil and selfishness taken to extremes is evil.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
"I have gained this from philosophy; that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law."