• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Have Any Personal Convictions?

Do you have any personal convictions?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Do you have any personal convictions?

If so, what are they?

For the purposes of this thread, I'm defining "convictions" as "fixed or firmly held beliefs," but I suppose you can put whatever twist on it you want.

Please vote on the poll as well!

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I suppose so, perhaps too many to mention specifically, but I think it all boils down to one sentiment: When in doubt, be kind. .

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Human institutions are built, they are not inherent. There are no rules, there is no defining order. There are only men, the choices they make, and the agreements they have with each other.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes of course i do but one thing i lack is inner conviction....i'm working on it though.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. I'm convicted that I don't have any personal convictions. :weirdbanana:

I'm 99.99% sure that God doesn't exist and 99,999% sure I'm not in a virtual reality, does that count?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
since human intelligence appears like an entity (everything is holistic - a holon being what i mean by 'like an entity': cognitive functions, stages of developement of lines of intelligence, organs of the brain. all parts of a larger and consisting out of smaler parts) which implies boundaries to what is conceivable by this intelligence, at any time in it's growth, everyone must be limited to something and that appears as conviction. pluralism for instance (the believe that everything is relative to culture - as if that takes away anything from it's reality) or it's magic mini-me counterpart (everything is relative to egoic intention) are actually stages of developement, like any other. such convictions are never as 'personal' as people usually think. they are really mostly generic variations. but, at a time, a selection of those belongs to an indivudual and largely constitutes the individual.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
isn't it a bit of a personal question? I know I have some very strong personal convictions. In the worst of circumstances, I never abandoned them.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Defend those you care about. :)

I was initially going to word this differently, but I'd rather not have more people thinking I'm insane...

redacted

My conviction is that everything always makes perfect sense (including emotions).

Understanding is a matter of working backwards from there.

N

NPcomplete

I have a sort of internal code of honour that I live by. It gets modified (improved) at times, but usually, it's set in granite as I can be stubborn. It's along the lines of always doing the "right" thing, always being there for those I love no matter what, etc.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I certainly do. Mostly tied into my faith and how I treat others, etc. I'm not the type to turn everything into a values issue, like F types might.