• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Devil/Satan Worshipers

Lark

How old is he? Very often young people will get involved with this type of stuff as a form of teenage rebellion.

My thoughts exactly.

Philosophical satanism amounts to little more than an aggressive and machavellian satanism because most of them dont believe in Gods or Devils either in the sense of acknowledging the existence of such things or placing their trust or hope in them if they do exist.

The religious or spiritual types are different, they range from the mere dabbler to some real sick individuals who would score well as sociopaths or psychopaths, as to whether or not they ever achieve any inexplicable or extraordinary powers, succeed in making pacts with the devil or anything like that, some sources I have read would suggest that some have, while others dismiss that. I, thankfully, have no experience of that.

Most teen satanists I've known are just engaging in totemic or shamanic personal mythologising, like something from The Wasp Factory by Ian Banks, while that book was written by an author who is an atheist and critical of all religion, something missed by many of the readers, I really enjoyed it and believe its a good guide to abnormal or egotistical phases of adolescence.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
They certainly don't know what they are talking about. Wicca has nothing to do with Satan. In fact, most Wiccans and other Pagans I know (and I know quite a few) don't even believe in Satan, so one might as well worship Mickey Mouse.
Yeah, I wasn't making a comparison of Wicca to Satanism, other than it drawing the same crowd of people (when it comes to adolescence).

KDude

I don't understand the concept of worship either. I understand reverence, awe, but worship? I'm not sure what it's supposed to do for either the worshipper or worshipped. Slicing a goat's throat to appease someone is even more confusing.

G

Ginkgo

It seems foolish to worship a lesser being that threatens the integrity of how things ought to be.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Why does a person worship?

I'm still curious why you think it's wrong to worship.

In any case, let's look at a garden-variety definition of worship. Something like this:

1. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.
2. The ceremonies, prayers, or other religious forms by which this love is expressed.
3. Ardent devotion; adoration.

Suppose, hypothetically-speaking, that there is a personal God who is the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of everything in existence.

Suppose that you only exist by virtue of his willing you to exist.

That alone makes him worthy of worship.

Suppose that his righteousness demands justice and equity, and though you frequently violate that law, he mercifully allows you to live--and even blesses you with all manner of good things.

Then, on top of that, he comes to Earth in the form of a man, lives the righteous life you should have lived, and dies a violent, lonely death on a cross to set you free from the penalty you deserve, which is eternal damnation. Not because of any merit on your part, but in spite of all your insolence and rebellion. Not because you deserved it, but because he saw fit to have mercy on you.

If that were the case, why would you NOT worship him?

Would he not deserve your worship and devotion?

I realize that this is somewhat of an emotional appeal, but at least think about it logically--in terms of basic fairness.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Suppose, hypothetically-speaking, that there is a personal God who is the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of everything in existence.

Suppose that you only exist by virtue of his willing you to exist.

That alone makes him worthy of worship.

I disagree

Suppose that his righteousness demands justice and equity, and though you frequently violate that law, he mercifully allows you to live--and even blesses you with all manner of good things.

What law do I frequently violate?

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I disagree

What law do I frequently violate?

God's law. Summed up in the 10 Commandments, and reiterated by Christ:

The 10 Commandments - God's Revelation in the Old Testament
The 10 Commandments are found in the Bible's Old Testament at Exodus, Chapter 20. They were given directly by God to the people of Israel at Mount Sinai after He had delivered them from slavery in Egypt:

"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'
The 10 Commandments - Christ's Summation in the New Testament
About 1,400 years later, the 10 Commandments were summed up in the New Testament at Matthew 22, when Jesus was confronted by the religious "experts" of the day:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

A reflective reading of Christ's teaching reveals that the first four commandments given to the children of Israel are contained in the statement: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." It continues that the last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there two types of Satanic worshipers. Gibbering retards, also possibly into sniffing glue, backyard wrestling, and stabbing themselves with sharp sticks. If you actually believed in Satan, then there's really no valid reason to worship him other than being stupid. The second group of people use Satan as a symbol for independence. They are just atheists usurping a symbol and engaging in an elaborate troll attempt.

Best response I have seen in a while.

A

A window to the soul

God's law. Summed up in the 10 Commandments, and reiterated by Christ:

Mr. Preacherman, why would Christ reiterate God's law? There's no such scripture. Christ came to fulfill God's law so that we are no longer under the law, we're under grace.

Amen.

S

Sniffles

This discussion is about the Dark Lord, not the Annointed One. :devil:

So on that note:
[youtube="nI0MBgA7ckA"]Satanic Catholics[/youtube]

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mr. Preacherman, why would Christ reiterate God's law? There's no such scripture. Christ came to fulfill God's law so that we are no longer under the law, we're under grace.

Amen.

Oh snap!

CHRISTIAN FIGHT! :popc1:

A

A window to the soul

All are under the law. The question you should think long and hard about and ask yourself 'Am I still under judgement?'

No. We are led by the Holy Spirit and thus the law has no part in the Christian life (see Matthew 5:17, below). You are justified by faith in Jesus Christ apart from the law. The law requires works of the flesh. As a Christian, we walk by faith in Christ (under grace) not by faith in our flesh (under law). Christians defer to the Holy Spirit; not to the law...

"The Law is complete in Him (the Holy Spirit) and He being in us should have NO second thoughts in following it as well." (Matthew 5:17)

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (From Galatians chapter 3)