• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

Damn.

It's like, spot on.

*looks for something he posted a long time ago in another thread*

Yeah, I was actually impressed with this website, to be honest. Even the blatant contradictions flow into one another ... and a lot of the really strong aspects are mitigated by the signs the planets are in, like Mars conjunct Jupiter is my strongest aspect and supposed to be super energetic and expansive ... but both planets are in the wimpiest of signs (Pisces). I guess this is the first time all this stuff dawned on me.

I also really really like the pictures and labels. Makes the walls of text so much easier to digest (though I'll admit I didn't actually read them all ... like, at all ...)

Permabanned
^^ ^ doesn't actually have anything intelligent to say.

Must rely on shitty tv show and doge smiley to feign wit and intelligence.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, I was actually impressed with this website, to be honest. Even the blatant contradictions flow into one another ... and a lot of the really strong aspects are mitigated by the signs the planets are in, like Mars conjunct Jupiter is my strongest aspect and supposed to be super energetic and expansive ... but both planets are in the wimpiest of signs (Pisces). I guess this is the first time all this stuff dawned on me.

Yeah, this is kind of the next step for me.

I've been told I approached astrology ass backwards (I pay more attention to the Aspects, while other people pay more attention to the Signs and Houses that the planets fall under), but I personally found the Aspects to be the most interesting part (how they line up with one another in your chart, what the meaning of each Aspect [conjunction, opposition, trine, square, sextile, etc] is, and what the meaning of each Planet is).

I'm just now starting to get into what it means for each of my Planets to be under the Sign that they're under.

And same goes for Houses (I think I'm gunna do the Sign placements first, though).

I also really really like the pictures and labels. Makes the walls of text so much easier to digest...

Agreed.

It's like, you can absorb the whole thing in 15-20 seconds.

And then you can dive deeper and read what each picture means, which can take an hour or longer.

(though I'll admit I didn't actually read them all ... like, at all ...)

Yeah, doing so is really time-consuming and draining, ime.

That's why I usually only do it every 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 months.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Here's my matrix ... complete with my own improvements. :alttongue:

Bummer.

I thought I actually said "sharp mind" in this.

It still is essentially what I was going for, and I think fits with many other parts of your chart.

From the "Reveal the good in the person above you" thread:

Penetrating insight.

Able to cut the shit and get straight to the point, yet still possess compassion and kindness.

Bummer.

I thought I actually said "sharp mind" in this.

It still is essentially what I was going for, and I think fits with many other parts of your chart.

From the "Reveal the good in the persona above you" thread:

Oh, that's sweet. I was touched the first time I read that and then completely forgot about it and now I'm touched again.

I also salute your ability to remember and dig up information when you need it. :worthy:

Yeah, this is kind of the next step for me.

I've been told I approached astrology ass backwards (I pay more attention to the Aspects, while other people pay more attention to the Signs and Houses that the planets fall under), but I personally found the Aspects to be the most interesting part (how they line up with one another in your chart, what the meaning of each Aspect [conjunction, opposition, trine, square, sextile, etc] is, and what the meaning of each Planet is).

I'm just now starting to get into what it means for each of my Planets to be under the Sign that they're under.

And same goes for Houses (I think I'm gunna do the Sign placements first, though).

Your approach is actually similar to Vedic astrology, in that planets and aspects are the most important (to the extent that we still talk about our planets like gods ... which they are to Hindus, I guess, and tell others to try not to piss Saturn off ...). Signs are probably the least important in Vedic astrology, houses are important though.

I myself found signs the more compelling story as a child (helped that we had a couple of Linda Goodman books lying around at home ... she's a super fun writer) ... which gave people at home yet another chance to mock me for my overly Western sensibilities. :laugh:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, just to get thijs straight, you guys were born the same year?
Wait, shit. No idea. Didn't consider that. :laugh:

Did you mean to say bigger?
No. I meant because changing my birth time even 2 minutes made a relatively significant difference on my matrix, I reckoned our birthdays would be a few days apart, max, since we shared so many aspects.

Yeah, Leo is very 3, 7, 8.

Could be others types as well (I don't think there's necessarily a correlation in practice), but those are what first come to mind.
Yup.

No, that's a pretty reading, tbh.

Your thinking is at least along the lines that it needs to be while interpreting these.

One question you might ask yourself is whether Virgo is indeed not your Ascendant sign.

Edgar Cayce, the famous American psychic/intuitive/astrologer from the early 1900s, posited that one's "soul birth" was not necessarily the same as one's "birth time" (i.e., what's on your birth certificate). He posited that a child's "soul" might actually be born up to 4 hours before their official birth time. If this is the case, then your rising sign could be different by one, two, even three signs over.

For a Virgo rising, that would mean Leo, then Cancer, and then Gemini.

You might want to check those Rising signs, and see if they fit better.

If one does, then you might want to also adjust all the other subsequent houses in your chart (i.e., adjust your birth time accordingly).
Hm.

Of those three, I identify a lot with Gemini rising, slightly more than with Leo. Cancer, not at all.

However, adjusting my time of birth by 1-4 hours only changes my ascendant to Libra, which I don't really see in myself at all. Moreso than Cancer, but way less than Gemini or Leo.

So... What's going on here? :thinking:

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Some strongest aspects... (this is fun :))

Sextile Sun - Moon

Your emotions and your will are at peace with one another, suggesting a rather balanced personality. The "messages" you received in childhood were not contradictory overall, and you have a stronger sense of purpose and appreciation of harmony than most people. You are likely personally popular, mainly because you expect harmony in your relationships. You are attractive to the opposite sex, and your self-confidence and security make you easy to deal with on many levels. Your relaxed, easygoing disposition puts others at ease. You may not be prepared for conflict and you often avoid "rocking the boat". You may acquiesce to others a little too often, if only to maintain a feeling of balance and harmony, as conflict is something you not only dislike, you might fear it. The tendency towards too much acceptance--of the self and of others--is usually present. You must be encouraged to question life, or you run the risk of taking things for granted. Vitality is usually good and quite constant. You are not necessarily hard-driving, unless other indications in the chart point to it, but your constitution is generally strong. At any rate, you are not as prone to the kinds of ups and downs that plague those with challenging aspects between the Sun and Moon. This is because even though your life goals and your emotional needs are different, they are in harmony.

Short description:She has lots of vitality. She likes public life, she is popular and her company is appreciated. She is balanced, at ease with herself and usually gets on very well with her parents.

Conjunction Sun - Mercury

Because your ego and your mind are aligned, you possess much mental energy. You are always in a position to think about what you want, and in many ways, this is an interruption of the will. You are highly intelligent with a great drive to communicate with other. You invest a lot of pride in your intellectual capacities. You may not always listen as well as you speak, however! You might be too busy thinking about what to say next. But you are very curious and although you enjoy expressing yourself, you usually don't dominate conversations completely. As far as studying or learning goes, you are better off reading the material than listening to a teacher. These traits come from a strong need to take an active role in communications. It is very hard for you to passively listen and absorb information.

Your opinions are usually strong and you are an independent thinker. You tend to be proud of your opinions and thoughts, and might easily get a bruised ego if you are not "heard", if your opinions are pushed aside or ignored, or if your opinions are criticized. You are expressive and possibly a very animated speaker. You are also very witty and others enjoy your playful and sometimes mischievous sense of humor.

Trine Sun - Neptune

There is an unmistakably dreamy, inspired, and sensitive side to you. A marked appreciation for music and the arts is present. The connection of Neptune with the Sun, which represents the ego and the will, certainly softens some of the hard edges that might be found elsewhere in the chart, adding a sensitive and spiritual dimension to your personality. You are naturally compassionate. It is so completely natural for you to accept that there is more to the world than what is before your eyes, that you tend to presume everyone must be spiritually-inclined. Of course, you come to realize that this is not the case at some early point in your life. Your attraction to spirituality and metaphysical subjects is usually marked. These aspects favor writers, artists, and musicians. You are sensitive to those who are suffering, although you are not usually taken advantage of. You are humanitarian and may have a special connection with animals. If other aspects and positions in the chart support it, you are not one to dominate others or assert yourself to the point of brashness. You have a fertile imagination, are full of inspiration, and very emotional - all qualities that you may use on the professional level.

Sextile Moon - Mercury

You can be quite expressive and animated in your speech. You have an outstanding memory and tend to pick up a lot of information from your environment. You love to chat and to exchange ideas. Even if you are shy, once you're friends, you love to talk about pretty much anything under the sun, and you enjoy sharing stories from your past! For the most part, you are focused on day-to-day activities in your communications rather than on grander philosophies. You are naturally curious and interested, and others find you very easy to talk to. You are accommodating and curious, but you are not as well equipped to handle heavy emotional demands. You thrive on change and variety. You might be a little addicted to gossip! More probably, however, you are simply very curious about others. There is a twinkle in your eyes, and you are never short on humor. You are playful and versatile--you make a fun companion and an interesting friend. You listen! Yes, you do talk and occasionally interrupt in your excitement, but you are a curious person who does want to hear what others have to say, and that is a real pleasure. In fact, you are more able than most people to get others talking, simply because you are very receptive and sympathetic. You pick up others' feelings and body language readily.

Trine Moon - Pluto

She wavers between a rich and successful domestic life and social success. She has difficulty in succeeding in both. Very perceptive and given to psychoanalyzing people. A strategist. Powerful emotions and intense feelings.

Mercury in V

Taste for intellectual games, sports that require skill and finesse. She is very curious about everything, even in love. She likes children.

You tend to use your voice, whether written or spoken, as a means of creative self-expression. You can be witty and humorous, an engaging communicator, and a fun friend. You love playing games, especially ones that employ your intellect. You love tricks, jokes, plays on words, and mimicry. You might be skilled at impersonations. Some of you could be clever at lying. You might have a tendency to promise more than you can deliver, or overstate your case. In some way, you are very entertaining with the spoken and/or written word. Communication and intellectual rapport is most attractive to you when it comes to romance. In some cases, this can indicate more than one lover at once. Curiosity can be a strong motivator for making social and romantic contact. You might also take much pride in your children's intellectual abilities and talents. You would make a good teacher, as you are very curious about how people learn and can come up with many ideas that allow you to teach others creatively.

Trine Mercury - Neptune

She can put down in writing everything that her imagination and intuition dictates.

Conjunction Venus - Jupiter

She is good-hearted, generous and has a good character. She likes well-being, comfort, a life without problems. She has good relations with her circle. She is easy to approach. All the same, she falls in love easily. She has a successful married and professional life.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
However, adjusting my time of birth by 1-4 hours only changes my ascendant to Libra, which I don't really see in myself at all. Moreso than Cancer, but way less than Gemini or Leo.

So... What's going on here? :thinking:

Hmm... in which direction did you adjust it?

You should've been adjusting it to an earlier time...

If it went from Virgo to Libra, I believe that means you adjusted it to a later time...

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... in which direction did you adjust it?

You should've been adjusting it to an earlier time...

If it went from Virgo to Libra, I believe that means you adjusted it to a later time...
:laugh:

Right. Missed that detail.

Going backwards, it gave me either Leo or Cancer. So going with Leo.

Gave this matrix:

Which, honestly, describes me way better than the previous one.

Cool stuff.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine's on Dec 21. Only about two weeks apart, but still, more than half of our aspects where the same. Considering I had one less aspect on my matrix just by altering my time of birth by 2 minutes, I expected a way smaller gap.

Do you also have Moon in Leo? Reads as a 3-ish personality, with a bit of 8 and sx.

Virgo Ascendant is probably what I relate to the least. :laugh: My manner isn't reserved, at least not by default. Standoffish, yes, at times, but not as outwardly cold or "quietly charming" as they're described.

Though I don't know to what extent the ascendant colors your personality. Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Leo are both extraverted, expressive and warm, and if those are more dominant forces in your personality they could possibly override the impact of the ascendant...

... Aah fuck it, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just shamelessly entertained reading all these charts and descriptions.

Moon in Capricorn, actually.

And I don't think of myself as "quietly charming"... more like "quietly awkward and cold".

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, just to get thijs straight, you guys were born the same year?

Don't know about [MENTION=11809]unsung[/MENTION], but I'm a 94' baby.

Yeah, Leo is very 3, 7, 8.

Moon in Capricorn?

No, that's a pretty reading, tbh.

Your thinking is at least along the lines that it needs to be while interpreting these.

One question you might ask yourself is whether Virgo is indeed not your Ascendant sign.

Edgar Cayce, the famous American psychic/intuitive/astrologer from the early 1900s, posited that one's "soul birth" was not necessarily the same as one's "birth time" (i.e., what's on your birth certificate). He posited that a child's "soul" might actually be born up to 4 hours before their official birth time. If this is the case, then your rising sign could be different by one, two, even three signs over.

For a Virgo rising, that would mean Leo, then Cancer, and then Gemini.

You might want to check those Rising signs, and see if they fit better.

I actually relate more to Virgo Ascendant but I'm having trouble seeing how it meshes with Sun in Sagittarius.

If one does, then you might want to also adjust all the other subsequent houses in your chart (i.e., adjust your birth time accordingly).[/QUOTE]

cafeastrology likes to put me as Taurus Rising and Moon in Aquarius even though the time zone and birth time are the same. All the others give me Virgo Rising and Moon in Capricorn.

What gives?

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Free birth chart astrology interpretation and free reading (1).jpg

What does it mean if you don't have any of those symbols under a planet?

Attachments

• Free birth chart astrology interpretation and free reading.jpg
    Free birth chart astrology interpretation and free reading.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 101

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Moon in Capricorn?

Capricorn is also pretty 3, 7, 8.

cafeastrology likes to put me as Taurus Rising and Moon in Aquarius even though the time zone and birth time are the same. All the others give me Virgo Rising and Moon in Capricorn.

What gives?

Honestly, I don't know off the top of my head - I'd have to look deeper into it.

I know I've seen some sites (cafeastrology included) get a lil screwy with some time zones.

First thing I would check is if you're messing something up with am/pm.

á´…eparted

passages
This non-generational aspect has been showing up disproportionately in people's charts:

Z-MercuryConjunctSun-MentalFocus-verymildly_zps1a1bd89d.jpg

There's a (roughly) 30% chance someone will have it. One of the most common aspects. Largely because mercury never gets further than 28 degrees away from the sun, so it's always around it. Out of the 56 possible degree spread, 18 of it is spent in conjunction with the sun. The speed at which it moves will change the exact value a little, but I don't want too figure that out. Way too much math.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
There's a (roughly) 30% chance someone will have it. One of the most common aspects. Largely because mercury never gets further than 28 degrees away from the sun, so it's always around it. Out of the 56 possible degree spread, 18 of it is spent in conjunction with the sun. The speed at which it moves will change the exact value a little, but I don't want too figure that out. Way too much math.

Interesting.

I've wondered about stuff like that, but this part of astrology is still beyond me.

Do you have a good book recommendation for better understanding this kind of stuff?