• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
lol don't mind the specifics. toy dinosaur is just some random thing that came off the top of my head. the point is that the symbol could be that vague to an outsider and only personal to you. like for some people who keep around certain items from their past or heirlooms. it brings some clarity to their thoughts. for a ni dom though, i think the personal significance might not be so obvious as an heirloom.

Hmm...

Well, these symbols are pretty specific...

I mean, they're right there on your chart...

Not too random...

daisy24

I haven't done combinatorial mathematics in a long time, so I just ran into a wall trying to do a back of the envelop calculation of all the possible permutations of astrological aspects there could possibly be, but, based on the wall I ran into, it would seem to run well into the billions.

As a Ni-dom, I can say that while I don't actually believe in astrology, nevertheless I have found the subject rather fascinating in a way.

That's basically the position I take.

Are you going to defend astrology or Zarathustra's Ni?

Are you asking me this question?

[stupid INTP "debunks" astrology {i.e., gives his opinion on something he knows literally nothing about}]

:)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
How did you come to take an interest in astrology?

From the previous thread PeaceBaby and Jag have made reference to:

I used to be a major skeptic about astrology. I thought it was mere delusional child's play. Of course, when I felt this way, I really didn't know much about astrology or how it supposedly works.

I continued with this skepticism until one day just a little over a year ago when something crazy happened to me.

I was returning a pair of jeans that I'd bought at a store three months before.

When I'd originally bought the jeans, I was helped by a tall, very attractive, sandy blond Lebanese girl who'd grown up in Switzerland. I was trying on some jeans in the dressing room, and she and I were talking, when all of a sudden she says to me, "You're a Libra."

I'm standing there in the dressing room, putting on a pair of jeans, and just freeze.

I was born October 17th.

I stopped for a moment, thinking to myself, and finally said, "How did you know that?"

She said, Libras are always very picky in their aesthetic tastes...

I paused again.

"Seriously? You really just guessed I was a Libra based on that?"

She said, "I've studied a lot of astrology. And I see different people all day long. I've gotten pretty good at typing them."

Needless to say, I was rather impressed.

Still, there was a 1/12 chance she would guess it right, so I felt comfortable writing it off as chance.

But then, fast forward three months to the present time (March 2009):

I'm returning the same pair of jeans to the same store.

Unfortunately, the same attendant was not working at the time, but another attractive foreign female attendant (Israeli, this one) came up to me and asked me what I was looking for. I told her I was looking to return the jeans, and potentially buy something else. She and I start chatting, she brings me some shirts and jeans, and right as I'm putting on another pair, she stops and says to me, "You're a Libra."

No fucking joke.

For some reason, two different girls, same store, both just happen to tell an astrology skeptic that he's a Libra, when he's changing in the exact same dressing room.

If you take this as mere random chance: that's a 1/144 chance that they both get it right.

I've never had anyone else my entire life even venture a guess as to what my sun sign is.

But for some reason, the only two times I ever come into the same store, these two girls happen to ask, and they just happen to be right.

It was odd.

After this, I opened my mind a bit more to astrology.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Yeah, it doesn't surprise me in the least that INTJs would be interested in (while not necessarily "believing" in) astrology.

Introverted Intuition is all about the esoteric, the obscure, the mysterious, the uncanny, and the coincidental synchronistic.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
By rigid, I mean less room for interpretation. I just assumed it would be more rigid because of the intensely calculative nature of it. Anyway, open ears here.

There's that Te. :)

Yeah, honestly, that's what ends up being so cool about it -- it really is highly calculative.

The more charts you look at, the more you realize, "holy shit, people's charts are completely different from one another."

I've looked at probably 15-20 different charts, and not one has been like another.

Nicodemus

For some reason, two different girls, same store, both just happen to tell an astrology skeptic that he's a Libra, when he's changing in the exact same dressing room.
Same store? The reason may be a business trick. Libras are produced around Christmas and New Year, so they may be among the most common zodiac signs.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I know my birthdate, and approximate time of birth, but not the "official' hour/minute/second level of granularity.
I was checking out an astrology research service online about a year ago and it asked for my birth date and time.
Since I didn't know it exactly I did not order anything, because I didn't want to get shite results via bad input of birth time info.

How approximately do you know your time of birth?

There are many facets to astrology, and there is one primarily (the houses) that will change most because of a change of time.

Many of the other facets, however, will not change to significantly based on a change of an hour or three.

QUESTIONS:
(1) That being said, what is my best option for getting a good astrology report with the information I have at this time?

You could either input the approximate time, or you could input it with no time.

If you're approximate time is relatively close (like, within an hour), I'd go with that.

If you have any further questions on this, feel free to ask (I have some more I could say).

(2) Is there any other info I need to get a good report?

Your birth location.

(3) What resource (paid or free) do you think is best to get a thorough analysis of my astrological info.

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/

For their free natal chart, you need to input birth time, though.

If you have a decent approximation, I would just put it in (and be more wary of the house stuff).

If you want help interpreting it, I can make it all much more understandable.

Just let me know.

We could do it via pm, or right here in this thread.

Whichever you prefer.

Years ago a cousin of mine let me borrow one of Linda Goodman's books.
It was a great read.
I'm very interested to see what other info is out there with regard to astrology.

The book where I found a surprisingly strong philosophical defense of astrology was 'Cosmos and Psyche'.

The book's website is here (LINK).

There used to be an amazing hour-long, streaming interview with the author here (LINK), but the CBC has taken it down from their site, so you have to download it now in RealPlayer. If you're at all interested, I highly recommend checking it out. The guy is extremely intelligent (A.B. cum laude from Harvard, where he studied Western intellectual and cultural history and depth psychology) and knowledgeable; his previous book 'Passion of the Western Mind' is an excellent survey of the history of Western intellectual thought; I'm almost certain he's an INFJ.

Thanks for your time and any information you are willing to share.

:solidarity:

No problem.

Happy to share.

:solidarity:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a beautifully hand drawn birth chart made around the time i was born.
(Yes ancient Egyptions were doing them [MENTION=404]erm[/MENTION])
It has lots of gold and, originally, vibrant colour. It is very pretty.
I do like astrology, i find it a romantic notion.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
part of me is skeptical about astrology but then a much bigger part of me has done the birth chart of every guy i've had a crush on since i was 12. i actually redid my chart by hand the other day because i was bored.

2455874104616.gif

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Are you going to defend astrology or Zarathustra's Ni?
Are you asking me this question?
Yes.

Well, considering I will be defending my understanding of astrology, it would seem that, because my Ni helped develop that understanding, the two would be too closely related to answer your question as an either/or.

By rigid, I mean less room for interpretation. I just assumed it would be more rigid because of the intensely calculative nature of it. Anyway, open ears here.

Well, that's the interesting thing: the more I've studied it, the more I've realized it's less open for interpretation than I thought.

The calculative nature of it (i.e., the locations of the planetary bodies at the time of your birth, how they aspect one another, etc.) is very rigid.

The interpretive nature (i.e., what do these various planets aspecting each other mean?) is certainly less rigid, but even it has its own rigidity.

Each planetary body (sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto, midheaven, et al) is its own archetype.

And the various aspects (conjunction, opposition, trine, square, sextile, et al) each have their own meaning.

So there are somewhat rigid limits to the interpretive aspect as well.

And, since the interpretive aspect follows directly from the completely rigid calculative aspect, well, yes, I guess you are right, there is a certain rigidity to it.

There is an openness, though, too, to the interpretive part.

would you stop dating someone because your synastral chart told you to?

Only if what the chart told me rang true to me in the first place, and seemed like something that should cause me to stop dating the person.

and is this why that couple inviting me into a threeple asked me for my place, DOB and panty size?

:shock:

Right. That's the word I was searching for.

:)

Same store? The reason may be a business trick. Libras are produced around Christmas and New Year, so they may be among the most common zodiac signs.

I'm not sure I follow...

Libras are mostly in October...

Not sure if I'm missing a joke here or something...

I'm not quite sure how it could be a business trick...

As I explained in the other thread, I had my wallet with me in the changing area...

Wow! That chart is a thing of beauty! :)

Yeah, I do find them to be rather beautiful.

Some more than others, too.

It's interesting.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
or how a supposedly tough-minded INTJ could go about supporting something that only wishy washy F-types are supposed to be foolish enough to believe in, among other things.
11286844.jpg

Isn't it just about cold reading? What did I miss?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
So, Saturned, here are the aspects from your natal chart:

Aspects

The following table shows the planetary aspects in your natal chart. Short interpretations are found below.

Planet Aspect Planet Orb/Value
Sun Conjunction Mercury 5.32 225
Sun Trine Uranus 2.00 97
Sun Square Neptune 3.57 -41
Sun Opposition Midheaven 3.42 -118
Moon Sextile Mercury 3.02 41
Moon Sextile Venus 1.36 174
Moon Opposition Mars 0.33 -99
Mercury Conjunction Venus 4.38 293
Mercury Trine Mars 2.29 34
Mercury Trine Uranus 3.32 43
Mercury Square Neptune 1.36 -51
Venus Trine Mars 2.09 62
Venus Square Jupiter 1.52 -75
Venus Trine Ascendant 5.08 33
Mars Trine Uranus 6.01 11
Mars Trine Ascendant 7.18 3
Jupiter Sextile Saturn 0.35 75
Jupiter Opposition Neptune 8.06 -10
Saturn Trine Neptune 7.31 3
Saturn Square Ascendant 3.51 -10
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2.06 29

I've got to go to yoga, but I'll go through the rest when I get back.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ah, fuck it, here's the most important one:

293 Conjunction Mercury - Venus

She looks on the bright side of life: she is gay, agreeable, optimistic, sociable. She likes to speak and write, and does both with charm and artistry. Her intellectual pleasures are influenced by her feelings. She is amorous and sensual. She likes beauty, the Arts but also travelling.

Seems rather accurate, if you ask me...

I'll find some more detailed descriptions and post them when I get back.

I'll post your next few most important aspects as well.