• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Near Death Experiences

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Have you ever died or almost died and experienced life outside your body before being brought back to life? Tell us about your experience. How did it change your religious views? How did it change your life in general?

Lark

Its never happened to me. I've read about them and like the thread on mediumship its one of those things I never tire of hearing about and I'm always interested in reading about.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
When i was 19 i was apparently fighting for my life but i never saw angels, the light or even a tunnel. I've read many books on the subject though.

Although not the same (no angels calling you or serene harps), if you want to have an experience similar then jump on your bed and place a dot (ideally with a marker) on your ceiling. Stare at the dot until everything around you goes dark and you feel like you are at the ceiling. May i suggest though you don't do it while high, you may not get the same results.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Link? Even if it has, there is a physical process taking place, or is an angel pulling your soul out of your body?

Lack of oxygen only explains nde in some situations, but doesent explain the fact that a highly stressful situation where you think you are going to die can trigger nde. DMT hypothesis explains nde much better, but i doubt its the whole story either.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every time I have been very close to cashing in, I had a moment of absolute clarity and calm, one in which the course of action I needed to take was obvious and immediate, no panic, no fear, just action. Adrenaline rush after effect comes later as well as lots of thanks to God for getting me through. Never actually died and rebooted though. When I go that far I intend to stay gone.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you ever died or almost died and experienced life outside your body before being brought back to life? Tell us about your experience. How did it change your religious views? How did it change your life in general?

My first out of body experience was during a car accident. I remember describing it as opening my mouth and silence coming out- and it was as though I was hearing someone else screaming in the distance. After that, I've had the same thing happen during panic attacks.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first out of body experience was during a car accident. I remember describing it as opening my mouth and silence coming out- and it was as though I was hearing someone else screaming in the distance. After that, I've had the same thing happen during panic attacks.

Could you have been having a panic attack? Just curious.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I think I was- I just didn't know it because I hadn't had one before. So at the time I had no idea what had happened.

Glad you made it through. Car crashes are bad news, I have pulled many from wreckage that were not as fortunate.

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oh, well. Near-death experiences have (fortunately) become scientifically explainable lately. I'm especially talking about out-of-body experiences which can be attributed to stimulation of the angular gyrus, a region in the parietal lobe of the brain. Experiments were able to induce sensations similar to those associated with near death experiences in the subjects.
I guess there are plenty of "mysteries" that science can solve if given the time and the technology needed.

crayons

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Haven't had any myself, sure I've had panic attacks but they've been limited to feeling 'doomed' rather than dead.