• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the hardest question you've asked yourself?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Some questions slide off the tongue instantaneously, others need more thought.
So i ask, whats the hardest question you've ever asked yourself?

For me, i think it was to do with cause and effect.

Close second .. Whats the meaning of my life?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To tie this in with a different thread: "What is true?" I asked that of myself as a 15 year old Jehovah's Witness, and now I'm 33, no longer a JW and still sussing it out.

rav3n

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA"]Not kidding that this is and was the hardest question.[/YOUTUBE]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's my enneagram? :laugh:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
What is the best-fit description for reality as I know it? Follow-up: Do my ideals follow my best-fit descriptions?

I can answer the first question. My second question makes me try to challenge the answers I've received for the first...and it's something I'm afraid I'll never get over.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. How do I know what is true in the world?
2. Can I believe in God?
3. Who and what am I / What is my identity?
4. Do I really need to stop at two pieces of pizza or is it worth a fat butt to eat one more?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Probably the hardest question I ever asked myself was when I was trying to decide if Jesus was real. I grew up in a very liberal family, where evangelical Christianity was considered foolish. But then I looked at the people's lives that I knew really worked, you know, seeing people who were truly happy and were fulfilled and had quality relationships, and they were all evangelical Christians. But I didn't want to believe something just because it worked. I wanted to believe it only if it were true. I didn't want to worship Jesus if He wasn't really God, because to me that would be blasphemy. That struggle took probably 7 years of deep heart issues to resolve. I ended up choosing Jesus and it was the absolute best decision I ever make. I'm not saying that to try and sway anyone somehow, but just because it's the truth. I'm so glad that I escaped my life of meaninglessness and shallow relationships.

Little_Sticks

What is the difference between Belief, Trust, Faith, and Hope? It seems no matter where I've looked for answers to these questions, I end up with a philosophical answer or no answer at all.

If there is no meaning to life except what we create in our subjective moment, then are we all trolls, blinding trolling one another with our beliefs, expectations, and desires, when in the end of moments that won't matter?

Lark

Some of the most difficult questions I've had to ask myself or think about where spiritual too. Although I think doubt is human, its still troubling, we live in an age in which it is more rational to doubt than to believe, its not always been that way.

The other, most difficult question, which arises in different formats and I usually have different answers to, it changes with context, circumstances and time, is whether the life I'm living, in terms of work, assurities, routine, mundanities has more to recommend it than the alternatives. Do you risk a sure thing on a maybe? Farther fields are greener. Its never that compelling and its never that concrete but is the big question which haunts me. Time is precious, it probably deserves to be noted in its passage and reflection about how its being spent is worthwhile.

G

Glycerine

Am I worthy of being loved/cared about?

What are the most important things to me?

How do I fit into the world and how do others fit into it?

Those have been the most difficult questions for me thus far.......

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Am I worthy of being loved and loving in return, and will I?

Will I ever get what I want out of life now, let alone what I'll want when I have a taste of anything more?

Is my life beneficial to the rest of the world?

This is subject to expansion after I've had more time to comb the recesses of my brain.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Not sure what was the hardest, but those are pretty haunting:

- Do I have anything that makes me a human being worthy of love?

- Will I ever be able to "pay back" my parents for all they've done for me?

- Will I regret my current behavior years from now? Should I do things I don't like doing right now so I can grow old and say, "Yep, I'm glad I did all that stuff"?

- Do I have anything to offer towards others? Can I enrich their lives in some way, make their kindness to me mutual?

- Where will I be in a few years? Will I succeed or will I fail?

- What are my ambitions?

- Is it all worth it? Is anything "worth it"?

/Woody Allen moment

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
About me personally: "What should I do next?" - Whether in terms of "what should my next big step in life be?" or simply "what should the next minor movement of my body be?" this question is something that can never be answered completely. You never know what truly will be the most beneficial thing for you to do, and you'll never know if what you decide to do will bring good or bad results until you do it. You can guess, hypothesize, or find the logical or most probable answer, but you'll never know for sure.

Paradoxical: "What would the universe be like without the universe?" - In other words, if all the matter that exists never existed, what would there be (if you were able to look at this alternate reality)? This sort of connects with "what was there before the big bang?" I love philosophical questions that can only be speculated and never truly answered, because no one can ever be right, and therefore, no one can ever be wrong.

giegs

MBTI Type
INTP
Am I so committed to doing this thing that I'm willing to risk death in the process?

The answer is always changing.

Undeclared

MBTI Type
INTp
How do I feel right now?

That's probably the hardest question I have/ever will ask myself.

Lark

Camus thought that there was really only one philosophical question and that was suicide, life was either worth living or it wasnt.