• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Judgement Day

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
When you face Almighty God--the Creator, Sustainer, and Righteous Judge of all things--on Judgement Day, what will be your defense?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, Mr. Spurgeon, if that is your real name. I'll wait for God to voice his dissaproval, and then I'll say.. "Well, what did you expect?" while jumping diagonal to the right and backward to avoid the trapdoor, and also the secondary comedic trapdoor.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you face Almighty God--the Creator, Sustainer, and Righteous Judge of all things--on Judgement Day, what will be your defense?

I see you're in Heaven, so do you have any suggestions?

Jaguar

Now, go ahead and read your Bible, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was under the impression that God isn't going to take pleas.

atheism-atheist-heaven-cartoon.gif

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Do I need a defense? It's me, one helpless man, against this supposed supreme, infinite, omniscient, omnipotent deity. If he's real, I'll simply bend over and take it.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do I need a defense? It's me, one helpless man, against this supposed supreme, infinite, omniscient, omnipotent deity. If he's real, I'll simply bend over and take it.

Pretty much this.

I'll have no defense.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God's gonna have to answer to me. I've got a list of questions a mile long. When we get done with that, then we can see about what's my excuse, but honestly, if he's smart, he won't start with me.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
God's gonna have to answer to me. I've got a list of questions a mile long. When we get done with that, then we can see about what's my excuse, but honestly, if he's smart, he won't start with me.

He's probably shaking in his boots right now.

Lark

You sould read Philip K Dick's The Divine Invasion, its science fiction but influenced by Jewish mysticism, it will answer a lot of your questions I suspect. The dreams I had while reading it where amazing.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's probably shaking in his boots right now.

I should hope so!

And I'm not having any of this "I sent it as a trial to test your faith" crap either, because that's his usual cop out.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sould read Philip K Dick's The Divine Invasion, its science fiction but influenced by Jewish mysticism, it will answer a lot of your questions I suspect. The dreams I had while reading it where amazing.

That's what this thread reminded me the most of, but I decided to not bother making any references. You'd kind of just have to read it.

KDude

I can enter this type of conversation with the Almighty at any moment. Why Judgement Day? Why is that to be the setting?

It's kind of regressive, like you take the John the Baptist approach. Screaming of the coming judgement and a future accounting. What about the here and now?

The Baptist was so fixated on how things would play out that way that he almost doubted Jesus. He sent messengers asking Jesus if he was the one or should everyone wait for another? Compared to the Baptist, Jesus looked tame. Jesus said "“Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”

And further down, he says.. "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.”

Here John was emphasizing the end of the world, and then he hears of this guy helping people and postponing judgement. And better yet, Jesus warned him not to be offended. So why is it so important to you? Are you better than Jesus?

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I see you're in Heaven, so do you have any suggestions?

Absolutely, yes.

Turn from your sins and believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who lived a sinless life, died, was buried, rose again, went to Heaven, and still lives and pleads for sinners at the right hand of God.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Shotgun and a fallen angel. That seemed to work out just well enough in the Legion.

E: Or what about the proverbial burrito and the microwave?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Just inspecting to see if it's worth buying the timeshare. I've got three more places to look at before tomorrow, so make your best pitch."