• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does Hell exist?

Does Hell exist?

• Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 43 72.9%

• Total voters

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
actually I don't go to church often. Right now I go to a non-denominational church in my area. Mostly just for the worship music... but as far as the denomination lead beliefs and sermons, I've found I have far more information than I have obedience for so I tend not to go often. I enjoy online sermons, and I will probably be getting into a small group or Bible group soon.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And I don't find you baffling. You should understand that I find you disagreeable instead. There's not going to be any step where if I did this or saw that, then I'd be less confused by you. It's just that I don't like what you're saying (Your values sound commendable, don't get me wrong. You just lose me when you start making it about you and the entire world. I don't think you know much of anything about the world to begin with).

Of course you don't, its natural. Perhaps I am aware and perceive more about how the world functions than people assume. The metaphor word world is intended, for separation consciousness to change one must feel connected to earth and the people around us rather than think of the mind as a separate entity with ego personality as denominations. Your response is understandable.

KDude

Of course you don't, its natural. Perhaps I am aware and perceive more about how the world functions than people assume.

If you perceived so much, you would probably be more accurate in those threads you make where you post visuals signifying posters here. If I'm any indication, you don't even ask people questions before assessing them. I remember the picture you had for me being pretty off at least. I recall a pic of some fay looking "Sensualist", dressed up in a flowery goth getup. That wasn't me at all. Not even a little or in some loosely defined "symbolic" way.

Whether you were truly serious or not, I don't know.. But I'm just using this as an example of how far off you can be on just one person.. Let alone, how far off you might be on the world as a whole. Why should I accept your "wisdom" when you have zero credibility in my experience? Exactly what can you teach me when you don't care to know me or ask first off where I am or what steps I've taken in life. You just instantly make judgements and say I need to learn how to change.

Anyways, I doubt anyone will be knocking you off that ivory tower anytime soon (in fact, this very post is pointless). Feel free to scope the landscape and make up your own stories. And have a good day.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You just instantly make judgements and say I need to learn how to change.

Maybe I rattled something and the reaction is such.

Anyways, I doubt anyone will be knocking you off that ivory tower anytime soon (in fact, this very post is pointless). Feel free to scope the landscape and make up your own stories. And have a good day.

This world is a story, we make it by buying into other peoples stories without listening to ours. it is meant to be as it is meant to be. from the moment the conversation started I understood where it was going.

Why should I accept your "wisdom" when you have zero credibility in my experience?

Maybe you are finally learning something, it is your 3D experience not mine that matters. :)

KDude

This world is a story, we make it by buying into other peoples stories without listening to ours. it is meant to be as it is meant to be. from the moment the conversation started I understood where it was going.

Lol, it hasn't gone anywhere. Other than you assuming too much. I guess if you saw that coming, then I'll give you some credit. You know that you can push people away. Brilliant.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Lol, it hasn't gone anywhere. Other than you assuming too much. I guess if you saw that coming, then I'll give you some credit. You know that you can push people away. Brilliant.

It has gone somewhere, energy was created to create the responses and other people viewed the conversation if they wished. My intention was to express my views to stretch possibilities and comfort zones, to convince anyone they are needing change is a folly. I know this with my family, anyone else will listen maybe if I lead by example when I change, even then the probability is low anyone else will change for they are on their path that is in alignment to their spirit not mine. To be otherwise would be dismissing your experiences. Assumptions, well I like to consider I brought some contrast rather than assumptions.

Mole

Permabanned
The Literal Hell and the Mytho-Poetic Hell

Hell certainly does exist in the mytho-poetic imaginations of many religions.

For reasons I am not sure of we tend to take the mytho-poetic literally, and so we think hell exists literally.

However we have no experimental evidence about hell, so we can't say for certain hell exists literally or doesn't exist literally.

Little_Sticks

I would say yes, but not in the biblical sense.

I guess if you asked me what I thought Hell represents, I would say fear. People can accept and get used to pain, but when fear accompanies pain, only then does anything really seem to become a problem.

And that's the same thing as inner turmoil?

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
s. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then
“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’

31 For if people do these things when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?”

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

No I am pretty sure we can't reinterpret that hell is much like, and far worse than, what you'd think it was, as it's quite obvious what it is.

omglookitsagoat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most of my life, I have not believed in hell. Sometimes I think there might be one because there are some people in the world who unfortunately seem so evil hell must materialize when when they die because of all the concentrated evil in one place.

wildflower

No, not like that. I always imagined hell would be an inner turmoil.

there is an old tori amos song that i love and the line "you choose worlds" haunts me at times.

i have no idea if hell is an actual place or not but i think it is likely an inner state of turmoil or it causes said turmoil. i think hell also may start here and now in this life just as heaven (eternal life) does. i rather doubt people are tormented for eternity though. that makes no sense to me. it is quite possible the soul is not eternal and one just ceases to exist (i.e. annihilationism).

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am aware that all people who believe that there is a hell also believe there is a heaven, but how come some people who believe in heaven don't believe in hell?

Some people have told me they don't believe in a vengeful god. Usually they say the consequence for living poorly isn't eternal punishment but an empty separation from heaven.

I think heaven & hell are both places people can go to in their minds.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personal hells, yes. I can think of several tortured minds and many places where people live in a constant hell.
A big burny firey place where you get whipped for all eternity for real...because maybe you wanked a lot and didn't go to confession...no.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's that say about those of us older folk who choose to hang out here, then? :alttongue: