• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does Hell exist?

Does Hell exist?

• Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 43 72.9%

• Total voters

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. I personally believe it is very negative for yourself and others to have a negative existential framework from which you base life whatever that may be. To me hell is a metaphor for negative feelings you have about life like fear of death if you don't succeed or fear of punishment for expressing your sexuality. I think the only things that exist in the long run are good things as we all go forward on our journey towards evolving into god.

R

Riva

Where have all the INTJ jokes gone?

Yes of course hell exists. That's where all INTJs go when they die :D.

Sigh!

Where have all the INTJ jokes gone?

INTJs are meant to be the 'buts of all MBTI jokes'.

Does it get any better than the INTJ descriptions to poke fun at?

http://similarminds.com/jung/intj.html

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, not very altruistic, not very complimentary, would rather be friendless than jobless, observer, values solitude, perfectionist, detached, private, not much fun, hidden, skeptical, does not tend to like most people, socially uncomfortable, not physically affectionate, unhappy, does not talk about feelings, hard to impress, analytical, likes esoteric things, tends to be pessimistic, not spontaneous, prone to discontentment, guarded, does not think they are weird but others do, responsible, can be insensitive or ambivalent to the misfortunes of others, orderly, clean, organized, familiar with darkside, tends not to value organized religion, suspicious of others, can be lonely, rarely shows anger, punctual, finisher, prepared

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I don't believe in hell.

I think some people want to believe hell exists because they want to make sure evil people and sinners who don't beg for forgiveness are done justice.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How many existentialists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
One. But he must acknowledge that he alone chose to do it, and was not coerced by the light bulb at all.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I don’t believe in the literal idea of an eternal hell, I think the conception of heaven and hell has implications for the types of social structures we create and are willing to accept. It is the ultimate “haves and have-nots”. We have an unconscious expectation of favor and extravagance for the elite and an unconscious acceptance of deprivation for the masses. If God’s perfect plan is to create a version of this that goes beyond any human comprehension in which the righteous have "no more sorrows" and the wicked have "weeping and gnashing of teeth", then why not use the wisdom he has given us to start the process now? It brings rise to ideologies like the Prosperity Gospel that says “I am rich because I am honored by God for my goodness”. This rationale must logically come to the conclusion that those who are poor are not honored by God and do not possess this same goodness. This idea of simultaneous excess and want has us pursue heaven knowing that each moment our mind could wander over to that loved one who is in hell, and so we will change focus back to our paradise. I wonder if that projected future makes it more possible for us to do the same thing now with human suffering and as a result create a shadow of our conceptions of hell.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All heaven is is boring harmony. At least Hell would be more fun due to strife and conflict, just like arguing is more fun than agreeing.