• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P: What is your philosophy of life?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
P: What is your philosophy of life?

"Obviously this is what I personally aspire to. I don't always get it right. Also I am or can be a realist. I will defend myself, but I will use the least amount of energy/force/act necessary. A PATH / A KEY / A WAY are, is, is to follow the golden rule by:

Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.

Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you & not the other.

Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint even if negative energy is directed at you. Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy.

In this universe for every action there is an equal reaction. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self- righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not us!

In our mind the other is blind and does evil, immoral, wrong words or actions. But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other. The other's path is their destiny.

Perhaps they were sent here to test our mettle in the face of crisis or misfortunes. Now this next part coming is partly from cognitive behavior principles. A key is that if we have a negative emotion, we are ruled by a distortion. The external even triggered:

A. What is in us waiting

to come to the surface in a testing moment.

B. Triggered or own unfinished childhood issues and emotions

C. We are reacting in a lesser manner.

We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered so that we can grow and move on to the path of self-actualization. That is if we choose the higher road and We need endeavor to act maturely and with restraint.

If I hurt you, I hurt myself, perhaps not noticeably, but I missed an opportunity for growth. If we do not sink to the others level. Perhaps it will take longer for them on the path of life to mature, reflect, and with insight grow. If we think, speak, or act in a negative manner then the opportunity is lost.

The message is lost, but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson about you. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize. Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom and become what you were meant to be." LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“I see society as a whole. I look at society. I am primarily ruled, governed with my childhood experiences which can an in fact color the perception I have.Nonetheless, I am an advocate with social change.

This includes mental health, crime , substance abuse, poverty, discrimination, animal rights, and the rights of all people’s especially the disenfranchised of women, and also the uncharted territory of both children’s as well the animal rights. I see a common denominator filled to the filling point with human ignorance.

I do happen being a child of my environment. But it’s inclusive of history, humanity, the human services, as well psychological field. "I am alo by nature for the prevention of crime, mental illness, substance abuse and other societal ills". Obviously if I list them, they are a problem. Why are they not being addressed even MORE forcefully and passionately?

It would not be fair to say we turn a completely blind eye to these symptoms of a sick society. It's just we are not doing enough. In my mind a key to poverty, crime, and mental illness is ""education""! When and if we put the necessary resources into this area, it could harbinger a renaissance of American culture. If we don't put the necessary manpower, time, money, & effort, then we will continue to be fighting a mad world and more importantly ourselves. We will always be playing catch up, trying to rectify the symptoms of a very sick society. Not all is gloom and doom. There is hope. But only if we demand "change!”

I believe that there can be prevention and intervention in the school systems. Each year every child could get a caring, compassionate, and professional psychological evaluation! This way we could get a handle on verbal, physical, and sexual abuse. Children can be almost anything, if we but give them a chance. How can we be so short sighted about preventing abuse!? It goes on everywhere, now, and we are reactive, not proactive?I believe since we are interrelated beings that we affect each other and so need to learn how to interact more efficiently, effectively, and rationally. I do not know why the world is so messed up.

I think it is that we are all blind or at the very least have limited perceptions of reality. Because we apparently have both feelers and thinkers and idealists and realists, there must be a biological reason that we have not ascertained yet. I am a proponent of non negative energy philosophy to the best of my ability. We are chemical and energy beings therefore we do affect each other with both positive and negative energy.

Because of the above reasons we need prevention and intervention along with child parenting classes in childhood development. We also need to communicate in two fundamental areas: cognitive science, learning to speak, think, and write without distortions in reason & logic as well as emotional Intelligence. I am a fan of Myers Briggs, and feel it should be administered at a young age to determine the best learning styles for children. I am a fan of the Montessori and Waldorf school systems and philosophy. I am for a paradigm shift in consciousness for society.

A philosophy which I've as choice took as my life journey is and has its roots in: Jesus teaching peace, Buddhism, as well the cognitive theory in a psychology orientation, these are primary; but it happens be my insight as well much knowledge which i have thus assimilated. I am fully aware, philosophy can and possesses some change. Each ladder on a progression to an enlightening state purchase more wisdom; loving nature and on it goes.” LightSun

Neo.bahamut.r

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have a few variations for philosophies of life.

The initial variation is: To find your own meaning and purpose in the pursuit of happiness in you and others in a manner that coincides, not hinders, the happiness or well-being in others.

For me specifically, my philosophy of life is simpler. It is: To better the potential of mankind (Even if a little).

Lastly, the simplest philosophy of life I have figured out so far is: Responsible Freedom.

As you see, they really aren't that complicated as I like to boil things down to their simplest forms and find universal truths. So far I've found that plenty of decisions, though lots of thought may have to be applied, can be resolved with these. If you have any questions or comments, let me know.

Mole

Permabanned
Alienation and Particpation

I have discovered that for me there is something below thinking. It is almost like another person. At first I found it odd until I was able to rationalise it. And now I enjoy it..

But still, my thinking self is still pretty dominent. I think because my thinking self is my survival self - or perhaps my thinking self is my stinking self. And I just want to come up smelling like roses.

And yes, my sense of smell, my olfactory sense, does seem to operate below my thinking self. It is as though my thinking self is linear while my olfactory sense is like a sphere surrounding me.

There is the lithosphere, the sphere of rocks, the aquasphere, the sphere of water, and the atmosphere and the biosphere and the noosphere, the sphere of knowing. And yes, probably the most important thing about our home is that it is spherical. Everything seems to be spherical. Everything curves back upon itself. Nothing is linear except text.

And this is why the literate are alienated - we are alienated from the spherical world by our linear habits of mind.

But as you notice in front of you, the linear sequential world is coming to an end and being replaced by the electronic world, a world not of alienation but a world of participation.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm too tired at the moment to give a lengthy dailouge concerning my entire life philosophy in detail, so for now here's the short version:

Existential nihilist with a great desire to acomplish something magnificent in this free-for-all of a world, specifically a grand life that will be remembered by others; in other words an external validation of my unique being.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- get money
- get power
- get wisdom
- love yourself unconditionally
- pamper the shit out of yourself
- don't hurt others
- unless they are abusive,infringing upon your rights or trying to steal from you, then annihilate their ass
- enjoy life as much as you can

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have discovered that for me there is something below thinking. It is almost like another person. At first I found it odd until I was able to rationalise it. And now I enjoy it..

But still, my thinking self is still pretty dominent. I think because my thinking self is my survival self - or perhaps my thinking self is my stinking self. And I just want to come up smelling like roses.

And yes, my sense of smell, my olfactory sense, does seem to operate below my thinking self. It is as though my thinking self is linear while my olfactory sense is like a sphere surrounding me.

There is the lithosphere, the sphere of rocks, the aquasphere, the sphere of water, and the atmosphere and the biosphere and the noosphere, the sphere of knowing. And yes, probably the most important thing about our home is that it is spherical. Everything seems to be spherical. Everything curves back upon itself. Nothing is linear except text.

And this is why the literate are alienated - we are alienated from the spherical world by our linear habits of mind.

But as you notice in front of you, the linear sequential world is coming to an end and being replaced by the electronic world, a world not of alienation but a world of participation.

there is a lot below the thinking self in all individuals. all motivation at it's roots is irrational

Mole

Permabanned
there is a lot below the thinking self in all individuals. all motivation at it's roots is irrational

Yes, we rationalise it afterwards. And by rationalising it, we turn it into a linear, sequential form - just like the text on a printed page.

However the irrational can be experienced directly, without print. We can get to know the irrational. We can learn to swim in the irrational. We can learn to develop the irrational. We do this everytime we use the telephone, or the television or the internet.

Yes, what was iriational and unconscious in the literate mind, beoomes conscious and shared in the electronic mind.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I subscribe to the: let's burn this motherfucker down theory of living.

[YOUTUBE="YuPPA4wcj2Q"]Let's burn this motherfucker down[/YOUTUBE]

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Does Victor have a soul? An essence? =P

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, we rationalise it afterwards. And by rationalising it, we turn it into a linear, sequential form - just like the text on a printed page.
However the irrational can be experienced directly, without print. We can get to know the irrational. We can learn to swim in the irrational. We can learn to develop the irrational. We do this everytime we use the telephone, or the television or the internet.
Yes, what was iriational and unconscious in the literate mind, beoomes conscious and shared in the electronic mind.

exactly. this is why so many intellectuals loose all motivation to exist. they may be more knowledgeable and more rational, but an irrational motivation and "spark" are needed to really get out their and do things. a balance between the rational and irrational mind is essential for acquisition, success and happiness.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
exactly. this is why so many intellectuals loose all motivation to exist. they may be more knowledgeable and more rational, but an irrational motivation and "spark" are needed to really get out their and do things. a balance between the rational and irrational mind is essential for acquisition, success and happiness.

I've never lost my ability to survive and fight, but I've still managed to avoid being a completely self-absorbed greedy piece of shit at the same time.

I'm proud of that.

I'm very similar to my adoptive Argentinian family that way - you know people who came from a horrible place and survived, but still value and share with others.

I'm kind of like that.

I think that's why I've got along with several of the Russians I've met, as well - the ability to take care of self and not take any shit, but also they don't seem to lose that initial tie to collectivism.

May be inherent in Southern culture. BRB.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never lost my ability to survive and fight, but I've still managed to avoid being a completely self-absorbed greedy piece of shit at the same time.
I'm proud of that.
I'm very similar to my adoptive Argentinian family that way - you know people who came from a horrible place and survived, but still value and share with others.
I'm kind of like that.
I think that's why I've got along with several of the Russians I've met, as well - the ability to take care of self and not take any shit, but also they don't seem to lose that initial tie to collectivism.
May be inherent in Southern culture. BRB.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is relevant to my post.
for the record though, I disagree with collectivism because it views a human being a tool to perpetuate the whole of humanity. I believe that every human is of high value and that service to a group or entity is not necessary to justify one's existence. I believe that the existence of a all individuals is inherently justified. while i support proactive, supportive groups, loosing sight of one's own individuality and importance can lead to desire consequences

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Also: Auburn Sucks

[YOUTUBE="Iqn-9n0X4ig"]Squidbillies - T-Pain/Early - 'Auburn Sucks' - 9/11/11 [/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is relevant to my post.
for the record though, I disagree with collectivism because it views a human being a tool to perpetuate the whole of humanity. I believe that every human is of high value and that service to a group or entity is not necessary to justify one's existence. I believe that the existence of a all individuals is inherently justified. while i support proactive, supportive groups, loosing sight of one's own individuality and importance can lead to desire consequences

Because it's my life philosophy. I am very...Argentinian...Mexican...Russian...black...I got told tonight that I'm "half-black" ...you know why? Because I tell people to shut the fuck up when I'm sleeping and then share my food with them.

My INTJ math professor from the former Soviet Union AND my ENTJ friend who is like fifteen years younger who was shielded entirely by his parents from Soviet communism both share this healthy balance of selfishness and collectivism.

If you don't see how helping others is helping yourself, and that there's safety in numbers, and joy in sharing empanadas with chimichurri sauce, then you lack my brother, not myself. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it's my life philosophy. I am very...Argentinian...Mexican...Russian...black...I got told tonight that I'm "half-black" ...you know why? Because I tell people to shut the fuck up when I'm sleeping and then share my food with them.

My INTJ math professor from the former Soviet Union AND my ENTJ friend who is like fifteen years younger who was shielded entirely by his parents from Soviet communism both share this healthy balance of selfishness and collectivism.

If you don't see how helping others is helping yourself, and that there's safety in numbers, and joy in sharing empanadas with chimichurri sauce, then you lack my brother, not myself. :)

I'm not saying helping others does not help me, is clearly does, but putting the well being of others before my own... that's a completely different story.
PS: I also get called half black frequently because my speech tends to be more colorful, unapologetic and full of "personality". one of my nicknames in high school was "pale brotha" :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not saying helping others does not help me, is clearly does, but putting the well being of others before my own... that's a completely different story.
PS: I also get called half black frequently because my speech tends to be more colorful, unapologetic and full of "personality". one of my nicknames in high school was "pale brotha" :laugh:

Ha ha! :hifive: My mom says (because of my "colorful speech") "you sound like a black girl!!!!" ...I am the twenty to thirty years forward version of her, she just doesn't get it...she was the hippie/biker chick...and I am the forward version of my current environment. It's funny to have an ESFP protest, ever, about this kind of thing...because my sisters and I are generally so proud of my mom for being so "with it" and "cool" and "fun."

I don't put others in front of me, that's stupid, but I put others with me.

I think you and I are more alike than we acknowledge.

I am not selfless.

But I am not selfish.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha ha! :hifive: My mom says (because of my "colorful speech") "you sound like a black girl!!!!" ...I am the twenty to thirty years forward version of her, she just doesn't get it...she was the hippie/biker chick...and I am the forward version of my current environment. It's funny to have an ESFP protest, ever, about this kind of thing...because my sisters and I are generally so proud of my mom for being so "with it" and "cool" and "fun."
I don't put others in front of me, that's stupid, but I put others with me.
I think you and I are more alike than we acknowledge.
I am not selfless.
But I am not selfish.

all I'm saying is
- if I have to choose between saving my life or other person's life/cause, I'm saving my own skin. self preservation > service
- I am more motivated because I have chosen my own desires first. helping people is great, but if I don't help myself first, no one is going to benefit from me.

you're right, I don't think we really disagree as much as you think we do. for instance, you tend to think of me as a snob, but my beliefs step from the idea that everyone is a highly valuable person inherently and deserves freedom and the ability to be expressive and ambitious. my "snobbery" comes from the fact that i dislike when people don't value themselves because it makes everyone suffer. when I say someone or something is low class. what I mean is that their mindset is low class, not their identity
I like things that are classy because they communicate
- regality
- personal integrity
- grace
- natural, unapologetic sexuality
and
- inspiration

I dislike things that are low class because they tend to communicate
- low self worth
- reactive emotional responses and lack of poise and self control
- a willingness to settle for the sub-par
and