• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victor's thoughts on makeup

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By which you mean to say that it doesn't upset you, so it shouldn't upset me.

But it does, and I'm tired of being polite and overlooking it. Sorry. I don't feel like catering to Victor's needs over my own. Mine count, too.

No, I'm not saying that..... You seem to take a codependent-ish point-of-view. There is always the "ignore" button, you know, which is what most of us use when someone repeatedly upsets us. There is nothing here that is "catering" to anyone unless you allow it, do it, and/or volunteer to.

I'm sure the mods can get tired of catering to people with special needs.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I understood. You were accusing him of being egotistical and encouraging him to stop and consider this behavior as a way of trying to help him. When I said "where do you get off saying stuff like that?" I meant to ask, on what are you basing this inference? because that is a very personal and selfish attitude for someone to have and a difficult one to prove/infer. Maybe you are correct but I don't think you have anything that would clearly indicate you are. I think it's more likely that you were just projecting and making baseless assumptions.
And Victor is making a case for something he believes. He is clearly not a troll, even if some percieve him that way.

Sorry to double post.
Amerellis, I don't quite understand how you have been here for a month but you feel equipped to explain people who've been here for years to each other. The problem is not that Victor wants to make a case for what he believes. The problem is that he started making his case in an inappropriate place, and he does this all the time.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm convinced he does. Even when it's negative attention he receives.

Most of the responses in this thread are knee-jerk and moronic. I think he hopes for a couple non-moronic responses. How he hasn't exhausted that hope by now is beyond me.

Starry

Have you consider testing your theory? Don't wear makeup one day and see what happens.

In the past, I've accidentally done this by being rushed and going to work without. What I found was that no one even noticed where there were no funny looks or strange behaviour or vibes from them, over it.

No...I've never done this. Shoot...there are more things that I want to say...and want to comment on more of what [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION]are saying...but I have to go :( I'll have to come back later.

rav3n

I think you can do this if you are brunette and have pretty even skin. If you are blonde with blonde eyebrows and eyelashes and maybe some rosacea or whatever, the difference between even a little makeup (powder and mascara) and no makeup is huge, and people ask all day if you're sick.
Okay, I can understand this. I'm asian and don't normally wear a lot of makeup, not because I have perfect skin or anything but because most often, I don't care enough to make the effort.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Sorry to double post.
Amerellis, I don't quite understand how you have been here for a month but you feel equipped to explain people who've been here for years to each other. The problem is not that Victor wants to make a case for what he believes. The problem is that he started making his case in an inappropriate place, and he does this all the time.

Yeah but that still doesn't make him troll. That just means he doesn't respect the forum rules sometimes, probably because he doesn't care when he feels so strongly about it.
That's just my guess because I can be that way sometimes.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feeling strongly about things does not justify bad behavior.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
No, I understood. You were accusing him of being egotistical and encouraging him to stop and consider this behavior as a way of trying to help him. When I said "where do you get off saying stuff like that?" I meant to ask, on what are you basing this inference? because that is a very personal and selfish attitude for someone to have and a difficult one to prove/infer. Maybe you are correct but I don't think you have anything that would clearly indicate you are. I think it's more likely that you were just projecting and making baseless assumptions.
[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] And Victor has been a part of this forum for a long time and is making a case for something he believes. He is not a troll, even if some percieve him that way.

Victor has taken pointed questions from me in the past. he can take it and doesn't need protection.
Yes, I said that he was speaking from his ego, because he was. This is a valid criticism considering the subject matter and choice of language. I believe he understood this.
If he wants to take me to task about it, he can feel free to do so.
Victor prefers to explore the underside of icebergs, rather than what is visible. I applaud him for that. But I want him to be aware of his implications too.
Dive, brother Victor.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Victor is a mature male. He can speak for and explain himself.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Victor has taken pointed questions from me in the past. he can take it and doesn't need protection.
[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] I know that it may seem like I am trying to "protect" Victor or something but I know that he doesn't need me to stand up for him at all. Tbh, I'm more just doing this for myself.

Yes, I said that he was speaking from his ego, because he was. This is a valid criticism considering the subject matter and choice of language.
So because of his subject matter and choice of language, you were able to make a clear infrence that his personal motivation for creating this thread was him being egotistical and attention seeking, not because he actuallly just believes this?
:S
I disagree that the subject matter shows this, but what specific examples of his diction lead you to this conclusion?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nebbykoo has been here 2 years. You have been here 1 month. Who is more likely to understand Victor's behavior patterns?

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Nebbykoo has been here 2 years. You have been here 1 month. Who is more likely to understand Victor's behavior patterns?

More exposure can but doesn't necessarily mean greater understanding.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, on what do you base your assumed greater understanding?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Victor prefers to explore the underside of icebergs, rather than what is visible. I applaud him for that. But I want him to be aware of his implications too.
And you prefer to speculate on the underside of motives, it seems, rather than address the iceberg.
I saw no applause, only condescension.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] I know that it may seem like I am trying to "protect" Victor or something but I know that he doesn't need me to stand up for him at all. Tbh, I'm more just doing this for myself.

So because of his subject matter and choice of language, you were able to make a clear infrence that his personal motivation for creating this thread was him being egotistical and attention seeking, not because he actuallly just believes this?

:S
I disagree that the subject matter shows this, but what specific examples of his diction lead you to this conclusion?

I think he's the most intelligent poster here. I hope he writes an incredible novel someday...he certainly could. He has an oceanic mind.
But Victor has often made vague/provocative statements, knowing he would be understood. It's part of his rhetorical style.
And if one is determined to throw pearls before swine, to invite misunderstanding and ridicule, what does one hope to gain? That's what I was asking him.