• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which of these kind of people are you attraced to/would rather be....?

Illmatic

The silent type who just observes everything in the corner. Usually talks only when spoken and are people of a very few words kinda like all of Clint Eastwood characters. People under estimate their skill, but they are always ahead of their opponents/enemies/rivals but people always under estimate or just don't realize the extent of their skill. Lone Wolf.

Or the

Charismatic, flamboyant type. Smooth talker, witty talker and a friendly person who is comfortable talking to anyone and is very very charismatic. If anyone watches Burn Notice kinda like Sam Axe or Patrick Jane from the Mentalist. Got the cocky smirk on their face cause they can easily read people and like the Lone Wolf is always ahead of their peers. Their rival thinks they beat them but once they turn around, they put on a cocky smirk because the person had planned it all along and actually has the upper hand.

Which would you like better?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Quiet.

Without a doubt. i enjoy the power of underestimation.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Silent people. I stalk them.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Between the two, charismatic is more attractive over all because I am a lone wolf. I don't know which I'd rather be though.
I don't like "cocky smirks" and find that a turn-off, but I'd never interact with the silent type, being quiet myself.

uncommonentity

Lol, I feel the two texts aren't balanced descriptions. It's like would you like someone who is quiet or someone who skips around making dick jokes with the swagger of a champion in a pimp hat. Erm, I'd pick quiet cause they don't sound like a butthole but in reality I like the women with a hypothetical pair of nuts versus the quiet, broody I hate the world type. I prefer those who are 'hands-on' opposed to 'eyes-on' as they tend to have more of a character and more of a story to tell.

A balance is preferred over the two extremes.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Secretly, I'll be attracted to charismatic but I'll pick the silent type in stead.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've been more attracted to the charismatic ones overall, but that's probably why i keep getting fucked over. time to change!

rav3n

My preference leans towards authenticity, rather than caricatures. Both characters described sound like they have something negative to hide.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd rather be the second, and be with the first.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My preference leans towards authenticity, rather than caricatures. Both characters described sound like they have something negative to hide.

Well I think this is true too. There's a lot in between a person who is truly quiet and someone who is really over-the-top smirky charismatic.

I actually approached a guy once, a little over a year ago, who seemed quiet in the situation he was in (he was observing and keeping his mouth shut) and he was receptive to me approaching him and talking to him, but it turns out he's actually an extrovert and he's not really silent or anything. But he's also not the person standing in the middle of the room saying "look at me! I'm so great!"

Most normal people fall somewhere in the middle like that, in some capacity, though I have been known to be attracted to more introverted men.

rav3n

Well I think this is true too. There's a lot in between a person who is truly quiet and someone who is really over-the-top smirky charismatic.

I actually approached a guy once, a little over a year ago, who seemed quiet in the situation he was in (he was observing and keeping his mouth shut) and he was receptive to me approaching him and talking to him, but it turns out he's actually an extrovert and he's not really silent or anything. But he's also not the person standing in the middle of the room saying "look at me! I'm so great!"

Most normal people fall somewhere in the middle like that, in some capacity, though I have been known to be attracted to more introverted men.
Yes. All my real life friends are raging extroverts but most of them don't need to be the center of attention all the time. If viewed as if you're observing waves from above, when viewing group dynamics, the waves shift when focus shifts to the pertinent speaker.

I'd avoid the lonewolf since he sounds like pedophilia might be his hobby and also avoid the cocksure one, that is, unless I wanted to slap him.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I gravitate toward the Lone Wolf.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You mean for pulling off a bank robbery or for bilking old folks out of their retirement funds?

You need to be specific to the deed, man!

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Both of them seem like dishonest douche bags.

But they're so mysterious...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My gut reaction was that I'd pick the first one, I find this type very attractive and challenging (I'm talking about women).

But these descriptions are far too simplistic, people can be one or or both or neither depending on their mood or the situation at hand.
What about witty, charismatic lone wolves? We exclude friendliness from the second description and silence from the first one.