• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can Hard Work beat talent?

• yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • no.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my life, it does. I follow resistive paths and succeed. My talents are just there, I don't use them productively. My talents are only used for relaxation and enjoyment. I don't know if I'd want to use them to make money... Seems like mixing them may cloud the talent. In some cases, it may not be that way. (Musical areas?) Then again, we see a lot of pop nowadays that doesn't reflect much talent, but they are the ones making all the money. I guess it depends on exactly what the end goal is.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
While in anything really worth doing both hardwork and talent are required in some measure I'd say that talent is over rated by the public at large and hardwork is under rated by the same. The fact is what often of passes as "talent" is just the result of hard work. I'm not saying talent doesn't exist, it does, but mainly as limiter - most of us never really brush up against the limits of our talents and it takes a long time to reach them. It took years of racing before I reached the end of what hard work could do for me and I experianced something similar with mathematics.

Roar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Those with talent have a tendency toward complacency. That\'s your angle, if you are a work hard without the talent.