• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

would you want to be loved

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
by someone designed to automatically love you? or would you want to someone to love you of their own free will?

do acts of love from a person who loves freely more often, mean more or just the same sincerity, as an act of love done by someone who is incredibly(to the point of being a social path) selfish and cares about no one and does nothing for no one but makes the accept ion for you?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great question. Something in the middle. I need to feel special to my beloved and someone who doesn't discriminate in a particular way would not help me to feel special. At the sometime I recognize that its too difficult to get love from someone who is very selfish.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Actually, that'd be awesome. :shrug: Imo. The problem is, would I love the person back? I think they'd have to be designed for me to love them back as well.. but if so, I'd be completely content with that. One less thing to worry about in my conquests.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If I had the choice (as we say God does) I wouldn't mess with chance and have automatic love... They'd still do my bidding so I could have as many wars as I wanted. This is why I should never be God.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
by someone designed to automatically love you? or would you want to someone to love you of their own free will?
Well, if you believe in fate at all, then they were always going to automatically love me of their own free will. :)

do acts of love from a person who loves freely more often, mean more or just the same sincerity, as an act of love done by someone who is incredibly(to the point of being a social path) selfish and cares about no one and does nothing for no one but makes the accept ion for you?

I would prefer to be loved by someone who was very loving toward others as well--just not in a sexual or romantical sense. And yes, I'd consider it to be just as sincere in intention, though I may not feel as ego-gratified as I would if I were the sole person somebody loved.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i love love. and i love being loved. i love the idea of falling in love
and continuing to fall in love everyday--ongoing discovery of
new parts of the very same person i've been with and loving
the things i discover. but falling in love everyday doesn't take
away the depth of love from the previous days, it's expansive
in breadth.

i don't expect to be loved back the same way as how i love.
but i enjoy learning and seeing the person that loves me,
how he loves me, how he grows to love me more and more.
i love the organic aspect of love, the pleasant and the unexpected
surprises.

automatic love seems too ... sterile. and not my kind of thing.
i'd take it for granted, become complacent and eventually
disinterested.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was designed to make love all day !! Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto

bender.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
by someone designed to automatically love you?

1) No computer love for me. Sorry. I like the internet and Tamagotchi like stuff, but I don't LOVE it, got it?

2) Even if this were possible in a human being - HELL NO. That kind of manipulation is reprehensible for me. It's basically rape. You are forcing them to fall in love with you. Luckily, only the most clever of sociopaths and abusers have that skill. Unfortunately, there are damaged people everywhere who fall for it.

or would you want to someone to love you of their own free will?

Yes please.

It's like the prodigal son. I understand why an act of love in an otherwise love-less person is "a big deal". Like The Grinch. But, the who-sits or whatever they were called had even greater love and shouldn't be discounted. Don't take genuine, loving people for granted.

Having said that, it's just hard to quantify or even qualify love, so I try not to.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Having said that, it's just hard to quantify or even qualify love, so I try not to.

You need to make love to the love roboter if you dont know how love is not quantifiable :D

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so

It's hard to say. I think if they came out and said, "hey you should know at this point in the relationship that I'm an automaton", it would probably kill the mood.

Seriously though, there are grey areas. In some ways we are 'designed' to automatically love our family. Is that any less real? I know we prefer to separate the biochemistry from love, but..
What about pets, whom can form deep bonds with their owners? (I guess some people might not consider this to be on the same level as human love, but whatever..)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I don't think I could love someone who was a jerk to everyone else, especially if that includes my friends. I do understand that friendship is not transitive, though.